2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

That's a solid trade for Carolina. That could be a mid to late teens pick if Kings can't finish strong. McKeown was once a hot draft prospect a few yrs back but he fell in his draft year. Not a bad prospect gamble though for Carolina for a rental player and in being the 2nd piece of the deal.

That's a solid trade for Carolina. That could be a mid to late teens pick if Kings can't finish strong. McKeown was once a hot draft prospect a few yrs back but he fell in his draft year. Not a bad prospect gamble though for Carolina for a rental player and in being the 2nd piece of the deal.

na multiple sources saying that if the Kings don't make the playoffs this year,that pick becomes a 2016 1st rounder

Doubt Zids gets traded but i will bet any amount of money Jagr goes(most likely to chicago) and Ryder is either traded or waived

No way Ryder gets waived, it'd be pointless. Since it's assumed Jagr will be traded, we're going to need someone to fill his spot at RW. So either Ryder gets traded or he'll finally get back into the lineup once Jagr is gone.

As for Zidlicky, I wouldn't mind that much if we re-signed him on another 1 year deal so long as he's willing to sign for less money than he's getting this year.

However, I'd much rather see what we could get for him in a trade since it's looking like the going rate for a decent defenseman is between a 1st and 2nd rd pick. Zidlicky can still pass very well, QB a PP unit and has put up a decent point total so far. I think he's worth at the very least a low 2nd, but I think he could bring back a B prospect on top of that or even as much as a conditional 1st if he goes to a team that's a lock to make the playoffs.

Edited by ATLL765

So the latest from twitterverse is that CHI is looking to add a, specifically, "Skinner or Camalleri" type player.

Cammy + Quennville for Kane? Heheheheheehheeh

Oops wrong thread

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

So the latest from twitterverse is that CHI is looking to add a, specifically, "Skinner or Camalleri" type player.

Oops wrong thread

It sucks to lose someone as talented as Kane, especially when he was producing more than 1ppg and on track for 35 goals, which would be a career high.

If they want a guy of Skinner or Cammalleri's caliber, they're going to have to give up their 1st and a quality prospect. I think they'd be better off picking up a guy who's struggling, but is seen as needing a change of scenery and then praying to the hockey Gods to take mercy on them and allow them to make it to the WCF and have Kane be ready by then.

Maybe someone like Cody Hodgson is a guy they might be able to pick up for either a pick or prospect, rather than having to package both together for a more skilled player.

He seems like a worthy project since most of his stats are still in line with what he's done previously. His offense is still disappointing this year, but if he had better luck this year, his ES PDO is 97.2, he'd probably have at least another 7 ES points. That would give him 16 points at ES and that's really not too far off what he produced in 2013 when he had a similar amount of TOI. Only having 1 secondary assist and that also being his sole point on the PP appears to be a significant in his lack of offense this season.

Edited by ATLL765

Oops wrong thread

Cammelleri for Teroveinen (sp?) and a pick.  I know that it won't and can't happen (cap reasons), but that is what I would be asking for in return for Cammy.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Never want to here a rags fan complain about a non call ever again. that was some fvcking despicable officiating and led to a goal for the rags. absolutley ridiculous

It was a missed call, but the ensuing play could have easily happened off the face-off anyway.  Face-off was in the Rangers zone, like it would have been after a penalty.  Same exact play could have still happened.

AND NOW THEY GAVE SMITH A PENALTY FOR BREAKING HIS STICK! This is a fvcking joke i swear they are giving the rags this game.

After Rask hitting Sharp (I think it was Sharp) on Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs have been told to call that.  Almost hit the ref with the blade after it broke off, too.

I'm really starting to wonder why Boston is being so quiet right now. Of all of the teams that should be trying to make deals Boston should be doing what they can to hold that last spot. Maybe after tonight's game we can send them Ryder.

Don't they have serious cap issues?  That might be the reason they haven't been more active as they need to trade salary back as part of any deal, even for a rental.