2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Good game played on the Island one final time. 126th and final regular season meeting at Nassau Coliseum. Rangers take it 2-1 over the Islanders. Hopefully, it's not the last between classic rivals. It's sad because the Islanders belong on Long Island. Finally, they have a good team with a bright future and they're leaving. Tavares pushing for MVP. Okposo returned from the detached retina. Lee is a really good rookie. They lead the Rangers by a point but we got the ROW by 2 and 4 games at hand. Great division with the Pens and Caps too. You can do a lot worse than having Talbot as your goalie. He's been tremendous recently. 4 GA in last 4. 11-2-3 since taking over. Nash got the winner albeit the fluke variety. Will we see a Battle Of New York?

Other notables. Lightning edge Canadiens in OT on just an awesome set up from my boy Tyler Johnson to Kucherov. Johnson is amazing. Undrafted. I remember him on the 2010 Team USA WJC. No one picked him. Lightning signed him and he centers the best second line in hockey with Kucherov and Palat. Weekes called them the best line this season. You can make the case. Johnson has great vision and always makes clutch plays. Price with another big performance gets the Habs a point, who stay tops in the East at 91 a point up on the Bolts and Isles.

Kings stay hot winning 5-2 at the Avs. Gaborik with number 20. Jeff Carter continuing a strong finish. Kyle Clifford making things happen. Nobody wants to see LA. Whoever does, it's doom. Game of the night at St. Louis. Blues on a Barret Jackman shot from center ice break the hearts of Winnipeg 5-4. The Jets rallied from 4-1 down with 3 goals in the third including a Wheeler shorthanded goal to tie it. But Jackman sent an innocent shot that Pavelec never saw with 1:03 left. Brutal loss for Winnipeg.

Bruins defeat the Sens 3-1 extending their lead for 2nd wildcard. Ottawa needed this one but come up short. Looks like Boston will find a way in and be a team no one wants.

True and wish it was that way.  I still do not like the 4 division format and never have.  Wish they would go back to the 6 division format again.

Or, at the very least, do the top 8 format with the 2 divisions in each conference.  First place team in each division gets either the 1 or 2 seed, with the rest seeded according to their records/point totals.     

Or, at the very least, do the top 8 format with the 2 divisions in each conference.  First place team in each division gets either the 1 or 2 seed, with the rest seeded according to their records/point totals.     

I was actually thinking that and I think I could go for that.  Certainly better than the top 3 format that still gives the Western teams a little more of an advantage.  The only reason for me to be for 2 expansion teams would be just to fix that.

Despite San Jose's lack of deep playoff runs, they have at least had enough success over the years to keep frustrations from boiling over. Now that they are on the outside looking in, sh!t is hitting the fan. We have Lou for a GM though, and so you are just never going to see an outburst like this. Yet, during these last couple years, we have seen and heard more out of Lou than ever before. I think Wilson and Thornton clear the air, and Thornton ends up staying in SJ.

That or he ends up on the Rangers. :)

Seems like it's getting toxic there.  Thornton would make a pretty nice two-year rental (thought he'd have to waive his NTC)...he's not cheap, but the guy rarely misses games and is still pretty productive.  It'll be interesting to see if someone who sees a window potentially closing makes a move for him. 

Despite San Jose's lack of deep playoff runs, they have at least had enough success over the years to keep frustrations from boiling over. Now that they are on the outside looking in, sh!t is hitting the fan. We have Lou for a GM though, and so you are just never going to see an outburst like this. Yet, during these last couple years, we have seen and heard more out of Lou than ever before. I think Wilson and Thornton clear the air, and Thornton ends up staying in SJ.

That or he ends up on the Rangers. :)

That's getting blown up. There are gonna be huge changes there. Edited by MadDog2020

This kid Sean Monahan is turning into a scoring machine for Calgary.

that whole line is cooking

And ouch, Reimer with 6 goals allowed on 17 shots.

The leafs are such tanking bastids, screw shanny, and how glad are the wings for going with zid over dion  lol