2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Borh Boston and LA have beaten themselves, their own style, and physicality have beaten them selves. They are just to tired and wasted for me to "trust" them with a task like this when they can't get in first off.

Can the Kings be built for the playoffs when they aren't even in them either? The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. Over the course of a 7- game series, Boston would be a tough out.

Can the Kings be built for the playoffs when they aren't even in them either? The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. Over the course of a 7- game series, Boston would be a tough out.

Yes and no. The Kings are very top heavy. Reliant on their studs (Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, Gaborik, Williams, Quick) to perform. They didn't get enough contributions from their secondary players. Brown had a miserable year. Richards finally fizzled out. Injuries to Martinez and Pearson didn't help. Toffoli was one of their better players but went over 20 games without an ES goal. The loss of Voynov was felt. Even though trading for Sekera helped the blueline, they gave up a lot.

Eventually, all the games and minutes their best players played wore them down. The Kings have played a lot of games the past few years. That's why it

so hard to repeat. What they accomplished is amazing. As the Kings' broadcast said, 2 Cups in 3 years and 1 playoff miss. Who would trade that? They also don't score a lot of goals. So when you play such a tight checking style, it doesn't leave much margin for error. As Kopitar said, they weren't consistent enough.

As for Boston, they at least have a couple of young kids contributing. But losing Hamilton hurt their blueline big time. Subtracting Boychuk due to the cap situation plus Chara's injury and body breaking down made them susceptible. I still like the forwards. Bergeron, Krejci are money. Lucic should be more consistent. Marchand is a royal pain in the ass. They traded away Seguin- one of the game's best goalscorers for Eriksson. Eventually, it was going to hurt. I like Pastrnak. He's got a bright future. When your D isn't as consistent, it puts more pressure on the goalie to perform. Rask is one of the best. But he can't do it alone.

Honestly, I don't view the first round as easy. This isn't last year. The East is improved. There are no pushovers. I fully expect the Cup winner to come out of our conference. It will be well earned.

Edited by Derek21

Thats what we all want. But let's be honest, Pittsburgh isn't losing to Buffalo.

At home in Buffalo, fans will be happy they secured the #1 or #2 pick, they want a win now and knocking the Pens out would be something special for them. It should be interesting.

1. Mike Johnston, this is ugly.

2. Damn Columbus, u scary.

3. Congrats Buffalo, one of McDavid or Eichel is officially yours.

4. It's going to be really pathetic tomorrow when Pittsburgh loses to Buffalo but Boston loses to TB, and Pitt clinches a playoff spot after losing to the fvcking Sabres. 

Edited by Neb00rs

1. Mike Johnston, this is ugly.

2. Damn Columbus, u scary.

3. Congrat Buffalo, one of McDavid or Eichel is officially yours.

4. It's going to be really pathetic tomorrow when Pittsburgh loses to Buffalo but Boston loses to TB, and Pitt clinches a playoff spot after losing to the fvcking Sabres.

And then the Rangers get Pittsburgh for a nice easy first round. That would be typical lol.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Ottawa-Philly game on Center Ice?

Yeah its saying channel is not avaliable. Not like I pay for the thing (leaching off the MLB free preview that shares the same channels) But still I'd like to watch it not on an online stream. Was it moved to the NHL network?

Edited by roomtemp

Yeah its saying channel is not avaliable. Not like I pay for the thing (leaching off the MLB free preview that shares the same channels) But still I'd like to watch it not on an online stream. Was it moved to the NHL network?

No, I can't find it anywhere. What a joke. I'm stuck watching this Rags-Caps sh!tfest.