MadDog2020

2014-2015 Around the league thread

Also, Dallas signed John Klingberg to a 7-year, $29 million extension: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/04/source-stars-and-john-klingberg-have-agreed-to-terms-on-seven-year-extension.html/

I'd sign Larsson to that deal right now.

Yeah, I wouldn't hate it either. However, Klingberg has played at a level that Larsson hasnt reached yet. He's reallllllyyyyy good

Yeah, I wouldn't hate it either. However, Klingberg has played at a level that Larsson hasnt reached yet. He's reallllllyyyyy good

Klingberg is really good, but Larsson took huge steps forward this year. If I could get him on this type of team-friendly deal and buy a few years of UFA time, I do it.

Imagine Philly hires Deboer.

I would if I was them. I still rate him as a coach.

I would if I was them. I still rate him as a coach.

They have the personnel to play Pete's system, so it would make sense.

Not exactly a lot of great coaching options floating around there. I wouldn't hire DeBoer, but he may get 1 more chance.

How 'bout Bylsma for Philly? Be kind of ironic lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

Saw this morning that the Isles will be practicing at Annapolis this year, didn't see when.

What I also was surprised to learn that the late Dr. McMullen was a huge donor to the Academy and their hockey arena was named after him.

I found it interesting that they have one especially since when I took part in the Naval Academy Summer Seminar back in 2002, their hockey "rink" was one of their main halls that they flooded when the boards were in place.

Saw this morning that the Isles will be practicing at Annapolis this year, didn't see when.

What I also was surprised to learn that the late Dr. McMullen was a huge donor to the Academy and their hockey arena was named after him.

I found it interesting that they have one especially since when I took part in the Naval Academy Summer Seminar back in 2002, their hockey "rink" was one of their main halls that they flooded when the boards were in place.

I played college hockey against Navy and that place was like someone decided to put a rink in the middle of a student center. We didn't even have a locker room to change in, just some curtains/partitions that they put up in a big square. The fans on the second level could look right down onto us getting changed.

We used to beat them every season, but man were they physical. Always liked how they blasted "anchors away" when they came onto the ice.

Elliotte Friedman said earlier on the pregame that was on before the lottery that if there's a coaching change in Boston, a name that's getting thrown around by Bruins management is... Mike Milbury.

I mean, I had to rewind it because I thought I heard him wrong.

Edited by MadDog2020

@DarrenDreger: Confirming Peter Chiarelli in Edmonton meeting with Oilers brass. Bob Nicholson reviewing all aspects of Hockey Ops. Not specific to gm job.

I played college hockey against Navy and that place was like someone decided to put a rink in the middle of a student center. We didn't even have a locker room to change in, just some curtains/partitions that they put up in a big square. The fans on the second level could look right down onto us getting changed.

We used to beat them every season, but man were they physical. Always liked how they blasted "anchors away" when they came onto the ice.

I played at West Point once, what an experience. We did have locker rooms though haha

Agreed on HYman from things I've read. Center and Winger. Has some size to him, did some decent scoring at UM this year. Pick him up!

Agreed on HYman from things I've read. Center and Winger. Has some size to him, did some decent scoring at UM this year. Pick him up!

Wish we woulda taken a run at Rodrigues. But he's going to Buffalo to play with his current teammate, Eichel

Ekblad, Gaudreau, and Stone finalists for Calder. Ekblad's been at it since game 1, but you know it's going to either of the other 2. I'd definitely go with Ekblad

Maye he'll break his hyman with New Jersey

Edmonton names Chiarelli GM and President of Hockey Operations. Good move for them.

Edmonton names Chiarelli GM and President of Hockey Operations. Good move for them.

Well he's not one afraid to make a trade or two. Be interesting to see what he does to try and mold the roster group forward.