Season tickets came in the mail today

Satans Hockey

yea you sold me a bunch of games last year.. and then you completely screwed me over on a game just a few hours before and sold the tickets out from under me to make like an extra ten bucks or something

No, what happened was (and I explained this)  you and someone else PM'd me for the tickets. The guy I eventually sold them to got back to me first. Since he got back to me first (and trust me. I was refreshing both sites) he got the tickets. I was willing, since we had a deal in principle, to sell you an alternate game but that's something that you didn't choose to go for. And that's fine. However, I'm not in the business of "screwing people over".

Also, regarding parking tickets. You have to buy those seperately. They don't come with the tickets. Really, it isn't worth the price (even my rep at the time told me so) because the price of what you save isn't that substantial. Especally, if you park in the 30 dollar lots right near the arena.

Edited by TheMazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you told me we had a deal and to paypal the money to you.. than when i signed on to send the money shortly after you sent me another message saying not to send the money you sold them to someone else.. which in return, a few hours before a game yea i guess you did screw me over telling me we had a deal to send the money..then not to send the money because you squeezed a few extra bucks out of someone else. but its all good, was just sayin after that i chose to no longer do any business with you.

No, what happened was (and I explained this)  you and someone else PM'd me for the tickets. The guy I eventually sold them to got back to me first. Since he got back to me first (and trust me. I was refreshing both sites) he got the tickets. I was willing, since we had a deal in principle, to sell you an alternate game but that's something that you didn't choose to go for. And that's fine. However, I'm not in the business of "screwing people over".

Also, regarding parking tickets. You have to buy those seperately. They don't come with the tickets. Really, it isn't worth the price (even my rep at the time told me so) because the price of what you save isn't that substantial. Especally, if you park in the 30 dollar lots right near the arena.

I did buy them with my season tickets. We get them for the green 3-4 lots across because sometimes they sell out and you can't get in without prepaid.

Wow air your dirty laundry through direct messages, why publicly complain or accuse someone on here?

im not accusing anyone of anything.. i simply stated what happened with my experiences through dealing with a certain member on this forum.. so now other members will have a heads up.. i thought it was dirty that i bought several games from this member through out the season and then he did what he did to make a couple extra bucks leaving me stranded so to say before a game having to scramble for tickets else where. ..this thread is about tickets/season tickets.. i posted about an experience i had with someone with their season tickets..

im not accusing anyone of anything.. i simply stated what happened with my experiences through dealing with a certain member on this forum.. so now other members will have a heads up.. i thought it was dirty that i bought several games from this member through out the season and then he did what he did to make a couple extra bucks leaving me stranded so to say before a game having to scramble for tickets else where. ..this thread is about tickets/season tickets.. i posted about an experience i had with someone with their season tickets..

Lol.

All I said was I missed a good portion of game because of weather. That isn't an excuse for you to go on a tangent. There was no invitation to try and slander my reputation on here. I told what happened, apparently you see it differently. Which, OK. I'm not going to try and change your mind but to try and discredit me in a public forum is childish and unprofessional. Any problems you have/had with me could of been taken up via PM. A member responded to me before you over that game in question. I sold it to him and offered you an alt game instead. You denied it. That should of been the end of it. I don't even have season tickets anymore so I don't know what you are gaining by bashing me openly. Just completely childish. From now on just PM me any problems you have so this thread doesn't get rerailed.

Thank you.

Edited by TheMazz

Lol.

All I said was I missed a good portion of game because of weather. That isn't an excuse for you to go on a tangent. There was no invitation to try and slander my reputation on here. I told what happened, apparently you see it differently. Which, OK. I'm not going to try and change your mind but to try and discredit me in a public forum is childish and unprofessional. Any problems you have/had with me could of been taken up via PM. A member responded to me before you over that game in question. I sold it to him and offered you an alt game instead. You denied it. That should of been the end of it. I don't even have season tickets anymore so I don't know what you are gaining by bashing me openly. Just completely childish. From now on just PM me any problems you have so this thread doesn't get rerailed.

Thank you.

again wasnt trying to make you out to be any different then how you were with my experience with you. At the time it happened i told you why i was displeased with you and that i thought it was a dirty move. Just wouldnt want to see anyone else get screwed by another member right before a game its a real pain in the ass.. but anyway, back to season tickets.. if my schedule ever allows one day ill have them but until than..stubhub plan it is.

i was able to purchase several games last year for under $20 a ticket on stubhub and most of the time they were balcony level seats.. most games you could scoop tickets for under $30 a piece to sit on the balcony(which i prefer over the 200s)

Thing is, a ton of those tickets on Stubhub were from brokers who were dumping a lot of their tickets.  Now that the Devils pretty much kicked most, if not all of them out, the inventory has been unusually low.  Look at SH now and you compare the ticket inventory for Devils home games versus their away games at other arenas, and you are looking at differences of more than 1,000 tickets in some instances.  The inventory should go up more with STH dumping their tickets to games they cannot make, but right now I am a little nervous as I Stubhub my way to games too and the prices are still pretty high, even at this point.

Thing is, a ton of those tickets on Stubhub were from brokers who were dumping a lot of their tickets. Now that the Devils pretty much kicked most, if not all of them out, the inventory has been unusually low. Look at SH now and you compare the ticket inventory for Devils home games versus their away games at other arenas, and you are looking at differences of more than 1,000 tickets in some instances. The inventory should go up more with STH dumping their tickets to games they cannot make, but right now I am a little nervous as I Stubhub my way to games too and the prices are still pretty high, even at this point.

Do you think there were that many brokers? I have pretty good seats and I'm lucky if I can even get face value for most games unless it's against a popular team.

Do you think there were that many brokers? I have pretty good seats and I'm lucky if I can even get face value for most games unless it's against a popular team.

From what whispers I was/am hearing, yes there were.  I heard as many as 1,000 or more of the seats on any given night last year were owned by brokers.

Yeah I never saw anywhere near that few tickets on StubHub or TE (or preseason games be priced as high) so the pricing points may actually change in terms of selling/buying. We'll see what kind of impact it has on the actual attendance numbers though...

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah I never saw anywhere near that few tickets on StubHub or TE (or preseason games be priced as high) so the pricing points may actually change in terms of selling/buying. We'll see what kind of impact it has on the actual attendance numbers though...

Yeah I mean there is a good chance for the inventory to rise and price to lower when the dates get closer as people decide at the last minute they can't make it.  However, without the brokers I do not think the inventory will be nearly as high as past seasons and the prices will be noticably higher than in past seasons.

What I was finding last year is that the amount of "popular teams" has been going up. Detroit, Montreal, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, and Boston have always been popular big-drawing games.

But last year/last few years, add Los Angeles, Chicago, and Minnesota, and some others.

I found I could make a decent profit last year at all these games, if I wanted to. 

Wow.  That number is much higher than anything I would have expected.

Yeah it's a lot.  Just keep in mind these are the guys the Devils themselves directly sold these to with the intention of the brokers selling them and not STH who became amateur brokers by selling a majority of their tickets every season.

Devils basically blamed these professional brokers with undermining the value of getting season tickets so they kicked pretty much all of them to the curb.

most season ticket holders should be able to make their money back on most games if the team doesnt suck.. if the demand is there it will be fine.

When the team was good in 2011-12 I still was going to games for prices well below STH prices.

Best part this season is that for STH the prices printed on their tickets are not face-value, but what the STH price is for that game.  That should keep the prices lower still.