Preseason GDT: Devils @ The Rangers

Derlique

DEVILS HOCKEY IS BACK BABY!!

#NYR morning skate lines: Kreider-Hayes-Kristo Glass-Mueller-Fast Hagelin-Miller-Ryan Bourque Malone-Lombardi-St. Louis

#NYR morning skate lines: Kreider-Hayes-Kristo Glass-Mueller-Fast Hagelin-Miller-Ryan Bourque Malone-Lombardi-St. Louis

Lundqvist in net

----

LGD!

Per Rich Chere: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/09/devils_scott_clemmensen_and_keith_kinkaid_will_play_vs_rangers.html

Those who will make the trip to MSG:

Scott Clemmensen and Keith Kinkaid

Adam Larsson, Eric Gelinas, Mike Komisarek, Tomas Kaberle, Damon Seversion, Dan Kelly

Dainius Zubrus, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Adam Henrique, Jacob Josefson, Michael Ryder, Tim Sestito, Cam Janssen, Stefan Matteau, Mike Sislo, Reid Boucher, Jordin Tootoo, Ruslan Fedotenko

Looking at this lineup, vs. what the Rangers are going with (Lundqvist/Talbot and more regular players from last year), I mean, I can't help but think we lose. It'll be more of a question of how tight this rag-tag group can keep it.

Edited by DJ Eco

I would actually go (mostly to get a cheap look at the renovated MSG) if it wasn't for the Jets being a MNF game this week.

You're not missing much. "Lipstick on a pig" type stuff: really nice jumbotron, new tile and shiny finishes with wallpaper all around of all the "stars" who go to MSG (not many Rangers winning moments, for obvious reasons). The nicest changes, in my opinion have been to the mid-level seating. There are a lot of mezzanine level seats that have been added that are pretty cool the way they hang over the lower levels (there's 2 or 3 of these levels, 4 in some areas I think, kind of like opera theater seating), but otherwise offensive considering they take the place of some of the more inexpensive upper level seating some season ticket holders would've had a few years ago (and are supper expensive, semi-luxury box prices now). I think the Chase bridges are stupid and so do most Rangers fans.

Granted, it's a huge improvement from what it was (a sh!thole), but still doesn't compete with some of the nicer buildings in the league; which is understandable, there's only so much you can do in that confined space of the Garden.

Looking at this lineup, vs. what the Rangers are going with (Lundqvist/Talbot and more regular players from last year), I mean, I can't help but think we lose. It'll be more of a question of how tight this rag-tag group can keep it.

Don't worry, if the Rags win then their fans will still act like they beat our opening-night lineup.

I would actually go (mostly to get a cheap look at the renovated MSG) if it wasn't for the Jets being a MNF game this week.

It's still dark, corridors are still cramped, bathrooms still have long lines, everything is still overpriced, the "garden faithful" are much less louder. Most Ranger fans are not thrilled with the post renovation Garden. I mean there is only so much they can do without expanding the footprint of the arena. And the exterior of MSG still has that god awful sandpaper facade. 

It's still dark, corridors are still cramped, bathrooms still have long lines, everything is still overpriced, the "garden faithful" are much less louder. Most Ranger fans are not thrilled with the post renovation Garden. I mean there is only so much they can do without expanding the footprint of the arena. And the exterior of MSG still has that god awful sandpaper facade. 

I honestly don't understand how the renovations cost $1 billion, it's mind-blowing. And I'm in construction/design.

For a point of reference, Prudential Center cost  $375 million, from the ground up.

Edited by DJ Eco