2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

What separates Hanifin from Rantanen? Hanifin from Barzal? Why is Hanifin always considered the BPA? I don't get it. Its a stupid idea to consider when prospects are on the same tier.

Look at how well Hanifin has done as a 17/18 year old freshman in a tough league, and an even tougher conference (Hockey East). I obviously am not a scout, so I'm mostly going off numbers and what I've read from reports, but I would definitely take a potential Doughty-type of player over any of the forwards after the top 4. 

EDIT: I should mention, though, that I think both of the guys you listed are quite underrated. Rantanen was the second highest scorer on his team, and seems to be really talented. He's the guy I'm hoping we end up with. Barzal, too, had a great year, and is among the league leaders in points in the playoffs this year. I'd be happy with either one of them, but I do think that Hanifin is a bit better of a choice if all three are available.

Edited by nessus

Going to be a great week.

Jarrett Guarantano is going to commit to Rutgers tomorrow and lead us into a new golden age of college football, and the Devils are going to win the draft lottery and acquire a young forward who is going to revitalize this organization.

..a guy can dream, right?

Edited by Devilsfan118

Going to be a great week.

Jarrett Guarantano is going to commit to Rutgers tomorrow and lead us into a new golden age of college football, and the Devils are going to win the draft lottery and acquire a young forward who is going to revitalize this organization.

..a guy can dream, right?

Jarrett looks like hes going to Tennessee unfortunately. Hope im wrong. Haskins is a MUST. If Rutgers cant get him then say goodbye to the rest of the Jersey talent. The Devils WILL land McD or Eichel though!

Jarrett looks like hes going to Tennessee unfortunately. Hope im wrong. Haskins is a MUST. If Rutgers cant get him then say goodbye to the rest of the Jersey talent. The Devils WILL land McD or Eichel though!

you know the only way NJ ends up with Eichel is if they draft him with the number 1 overall pick right?  which is very unlikely

you know the only way NJ ends up with Eichel is if they draft him with the number 1 overall pick right?  which is very unlikely

We could trade Schneider, Severson and Henrique + our first to Phoenix or Buffalo for the 2nd overall pick... There's alwayyyys a way lol

Yeahh unfortunately looks that way with JG, but a guy can dream.  Maybe he'll have a change in heart over the next 24 hours.  Haskins still has such a huge list of potential schools at this point that it just doesn't even make sense to worry about him yet.  But I know Rutgers is in good standing with him.  Should be an interesting year, one way or the other.

And  :cheers: to the second part of that statement

Yeahh unfortunately looks that way with JG, but a guy can dream. Maybe he'll have a change in heart over the next 24 hours. Haskins still has such a huge list of potential schools at this point that it just doesn't even make sense to worry about him yet. But I know Rutgers is in good standing with him. Should be an interesting year, one way or the other.

And :cheers: to the second part of that statement

I really hope JG stays. If he does, then 3pm tomorrow will be the start of USC-East. The dawn of a new football power. I wonder when Haskins is going to make a decision.

I really hope JG stays. If he does, then 3pm tomorrow will be the start of USC-East. The dawn of a new football power. I wonder when Haskins is going to make a decision.

I'm a Rutgers alum, but even if JG comes, Flood hasn't shown the ability to recruit a pair of socks. It'd just be because JG's a legacy and OSU somehow pissed him off 

If we keep #6 I seriously think Lou will go with Lawson Crouse. he might be the closest thing to nhl ready besides McEichell. Plus, this is Lou,

he's still smarting from the Teddy pick (watching Carlson as top 2 pairing d man)

I'm a Rutgers alum, but even if JG comes, Flood hasn't shown the ability to recruit a pair of socks. It'd just be because JG's a legacy and OSU somehow pissed him off

I don't agree. There have been a ton of high quality recruits visiting and giving rutgers serious consideration. Two years ago, Rutgers had a top 25 class going until a lot of decommitments from various Star Ledger/ESPN 'scandals'. Now I do agree Flood has to actually close on these recruits and start bringing in top recruits this year.

By this time tomorrow night there will be a huge boost in McDavid jersey's somewhere.

I have a ton of friends up in Buffalo and sad to say nothing would thrill me more greatly than to see the Yotes logo uncovered at #3 and watching all the asshats up in Buffalo who bought #97 jerseys absolutely lose their sh!t.

Devils fans on hf are convinced trading the 6th overall for JVR is a good deal. I disagree and think we need to hang onto the pick but does anyone here think that's a deal they would do?

For him and no one else? Pass. This club has several holes and JVR alone (like Kessel) won't fix. And he'll walk or demand to be traded if we continue to suck.

Yes you do. Drafting for position is a recipe for disaster. 

If the Devils draft Hanifin, they can trade away one of their other young dmen for an impact forward, or flip Hanifin at a later date.

Who is to say the player they want will even be available for one of our young D to trade for?

Suppose the Devils ranked draft prospects on a scale of 1-100, and prospect A, who fills a need is a 90 while prospect B who does not is a shade above him at 91. Do you take prospect B? Of course not. Sometimes there isnt much separating these guys. That's why you dont always draft Bpa

Who is to say the player they want will even be available for one of our young D to trade for?

Suppose the Devils ranked draft prospects on a scale of 1-100, and prospect A, who fills a need is a 90 while prospect B who does not is a shade above him at 91. Do you take prospect B? Of course not. Sometimes there isnt much separating these guys. That's why you dont always draft Bpa

From everything I have read, the consensus is it is McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, and everyone else.