2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

You could pull off something pretty interesting with Columbus, which is in win-now mode and wants NHL ready defenseman. Larsson and maybe a second rounder for pick 8 and Rychel? Potentially you come out of it with Barzal, Provorov and Rychel. Or something even better if one of the consensus top five types drops a little. One step back, two steps forward kind of move, but that's what the Devils need to do right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could pull off something pretty interesting with Columbus, which is in win-now mode and wants NHL ready defenseman. Larsson and maybe a second rounder for pick 8 and Rychel? Potentially you come out of it with Barzal, Provorov and Rychel. Or something even better if one of the consensus top five types drops a little. One step back, two steps forward kind of move, but that's what the Devils need to do right now.

It looks good coming out of the draft with Barzal, Provorov, and Rychel, but you never know how young players will turn out. I don't think it would be a good idea to trade away a defenseman who has now proven that he can take top minutes at the NHL level for Provorov (a player I think will be good in the NHL, but may end up disappointing) and Rychel, who is a big question mark IMO. 

Draisaitl, on the other hand - I really hope they find a way to bring him to NJ!

Why the fvck does everyone wanna trade Larsson for unproven NHL talent and futures? Are you guys nuts? Has no one seen what Victor Hedman has turned into after struggling for a while?

He could also very well turn into Pitkannen.

Larsson and Hedman, other than being highly touted Swedish draft picks are not the same type of player.

He could also very well turn into Pitkannen.

Larsson and Hedman, other than being highly touted Swedish draft picks are not the same type of player.

Larsson showed massive improvement last year, and has a very high ceiling. I'm not trading him for Leon Draisaitl or fvcking Kerby Rychel, who have proven fvckall in the NHL at this point. Edited by MadDog2020

Larsson showed massive improvement last year, and has a very high ceiling. I'm not trading him for Leon Draisaitl or fvcking Kerby Rychel, who have proven fvckall in the NHL at this point.

Rychel and pick number 8.

I don't like trading Larsson either, but I think A: he ran hot last year and B:  he's never going to be a great offensive force, either on the power play or at even strength.  I like him a lot, but if I could trade him for Draisaitl, I would, because he only has 3 years left of team control, and the Devils' rebuild is going to go longer than that.  If Larsson's willing to sign here long-term, great, but if not, I'd gladly package him for stuff.  He improved a ton last year, I just think his skating will limit how good he can be, and he could easily score 15 points in 70 games next year and people will say geez I didn't see that coming.

Edited by Triumph

I don't like trading Larsson either, but I think A: he ran hot last year and B:  he's never going to be a great offensive force, either on the power play or at even strength.  I like him a lot, but if I could trade him for Draisaitl, I would, because he only has 3 years left of team control, and the Devils' rebuild is going to go longer than that.  If Larsson's willing to sign here long-term, great, but if not, I'd gladly package him for stuff.  He improved a ton last year, I just think his skating will limit how good he can be, and he could easily score 15 points in 70 games next year and people will say geez I didn't see that coming.

He has been working on his skating a lot this off-season. So we will see how it pays off

I'm a big believer in Larsson but I'd move him in a deal for Draisaitl. Draisaitl may not be "proven" yet but his odds of turning into a real quality top line player are about as high as they can get for a prospect. If the Devils somehow draft Hanifin, Provorov, or Werenski, then I'd be fine with a trade like that.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/06/devils_may_pull_a_surprise_with_first-round_draft.html

"It is a very good draft. I think it's a question of getting a player who is the right player for you," Conte stressed. "And there are three our four defensemen that are big, mobile and skilled. And there is elite goal-scoring like (Dylan) Strome and (Timo) Meier. Big strong guys like (Lawson) Crouse and (Pavel) Zacha. There is everything. It's what is right for our team."

Someone hold me

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/06/devils_may_pull_a_surprise_with_first-round_draft.html

"It is a very good draft. I think it's a question of getting a player who is the right player for you," Conte stressed. "And there are three our four defensemen that are big, mobile and skilled. And there is elite goal-scoring like (Dylan) Strome and (Timo) Meier. Big strong guys like (Lawson) Crouse and (Pavel) Zacha. There is everything. It's what is right for our team."

Someone hold me

No mention of Barzal at all. Somehow I knew they weren't going to draft him even if he's available.

Conte can't control himself when it comes to guys like Crouse.  He really is stuck in 1998.

As for the Larsson for Draisaitl, I would be at least open to that.  I haven't followed Draisaitl much or know much about him, but everything I hear about him is glowing and the team control length is good too, since we are still at least 2-3 years from becoming respectable again.

Who the hell is Timo Meier? Never heard of him.

Saw him play a lot this year for Halifax. Really really really good players.

He was playing with Nikolaj Ehlers who's been drafted 8th overall last year and he looks like the real deal and Meier wasnt really far from him this year in points and he's a year younger. he should have a monster season next year.

Edited by SterioDesign

Saw him play a lot this year for Halifax. Really really really good players.

He was playing with Nikolaj Ehlers who's been drafted 8th overall last year and he looks like the real deal and Meier wasnt really far from him this year in points and he's a year younger. he should have a monster season next year.

Thanks SD, looking up his stats and highlights right now. I just never read anything about him before.

by the way that Ehlers guy. That would be a guy i'd trade for. holy sh!t he's amazing

He's a Jets prospect right? I suspect he's why they were more than fine moving Kane.