2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

If we could squeeze out Rychel to go along with a guy like Barzal at 8, sure.  Again, I'm not too worried about leaving the draft with a Hanifin or Provorov, so I personally would be fine playing that game of chicken.  Who knows what our scouts are thinking though. 

Yea, I'm with this scenario too. I'm not at all for dealing in division unless we're getting something of REAL value along with the pick/player. No way do I let one of these two D-Men go to Philly or Columbus if I'm in a position to prevent it, but not jeopardize our own goals. We have to "win" this scenario.

Edited by ghdi

I wouldn't have a problem if we end up with one of Provorov/Hanifin at 6.  This is too important of a pick to end up with anything but the best possible asset.  It's actually pretty exciting that Provorov seems to have moved up enough in the eyes of the scouts that the second drop off in talent now seems to occur after #6 as opposed to what previously appeared to be a clear top 5. 

if we do end up with one of the high end D-man with our 1st, what could make me lose my mind would be drafting anything but forwards in the 2nd.         

It's incredibly unlikely that either player is the 'best possible asset' for the reasons I outlined earlier.  I'd way rather trade back and let someone else take one of these players.  And I don't care what happens in the 2nd round - that's the time for NJ to go best available.

It's incredibly unlikely that either player is the 'best possible asset' for the reasons I outlined earlier.  I'd way rather trade back and let someone else take one of these players.  And I don't care what happens in the 2nd round - that's the time for NJ to go best available.

Really surprised to see you say that, especially as a Giants fan.

Who do you guys like for our second round picks? I'm really hoping for Gurianov at 36, but I also like Beauvillier, Yan, and Dergachev. 

We may get lucky with Kylington at 36, but otherwise, I think Aho and Andersson seem like they could be good picks if we're going with D for one of the second rounders.

Timashov is another interesting prospect who may fall into a later round.

Well Toronto is 90% taking Marner. So if any of the realistic forwards falls it'll be Strome... and I'm fine with that. If not, take one of the D and trade Lars to Colorado for ROR and/or the 10th pick and take Barzal/ Zacha, etc.

As a Nuggets fan, I just saw Mudiay fall to #7 so anything can happen :D

Who do you guys like for our second round picks? I'm really hoping for Gurianov at 36, but I also like Beauvillier, Yan, and Dergachev.

We may get lucky with Kylington at 36, but otherwise, I think Aho and Andersson seem like they could be good picks if we're going with D for one of the second rounders.

Guryanov is the guy I'm hoping for at 36, some people believe he could have one of the highest ceilings as an offensive player in this draft, I'm remarkably interested in seeing what happens with him.

There's a plethora of players I'd be happy with at 36, this draft is so deep I don't think you can miss with that high 2nd. As long as it's not Nicolas Roy or Jordan Greenway, I'm happy, hell I'd even be pleased with a BPA defenseman like Rasmus Andersson or Vince Dunn.

Guryanov is the guy I'm hoping for at 36, some people believe he could have one of the highest ceilings as an offensive player in this draft, I'm remarkably interested in seeing what happens with him.

There's a plethora of players I'd be happy with at 36, this draft is so deep I don't think you can miss with that high 2nd. As long as it's not Nicolas Roy or Jordan Greenway, I'm happy, hell I'd even be pleased with a BPA defenseman like Rasmus Andersson or Vince Dunn.

Why not Nicholas Roy? I have heard the name before and didn't realize this was his draft year.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Why not Nicholas Roy? I have heard the name before and didn't realize this was his draft year.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Roy, as well as Greenway for that matter, are both power forward type players that have had consistency issues, I'm more interested in taking players with more skill in this draft, however if I had to choose one of those two guys, I'd rather have Nic Roy. When he's at his best, he's a lot like Martin Hanzal.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: It certainly sounds like Arizona is leaning towards trading the No. 3 overall pick. Multiple teams interested, incl CBJ, WPG and perhaps BOS

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Most of the teams interested in getting the No. 3 pick want it to draft a D, either Noah Hanifin or Ivan Provorov.

Happy Draft Day folks!

I'm thinking/hoping Carolina trades back with someone who wants provorov. That guarantees us one of Strome Marner.

which would be a best case scenario.. it really sounds like Toronto goes Marner though so Strome could be available at #6.. do we trust the team to take him at that point?

I'm hoping for Beauvillier and Senyshyn.   Senyshyn was buried behind older guys on a loaded Sault St Marie team and still had 26 goals in 66 games.   I saw him live in February in a game at Erie and he buried 2 and looked like a natural scorer.  I think he could explode next year with more ice time.     

which would be a best case scenario.. it really sounds like Toronto goes Marner though so Strome could be available at #6.. do we trust the team to take him at that point?

Given our recent past, I would be more worried about us passing on Marner if he fell.  Obviously Strome has a ton more skill than any of the forwards we've recently drafted but he has most of the same traits (i.e. two way, big bodied forward)

just read a few articles.

obviously McDavid and Eichel are gone. If the Coyotes are keeping their pick they are expected to take Dylan Strome 3rd. 

Well basically i really think its gonna be McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Hanifin and Marner gone by the time we pick. Then that's where i could start worrying... who's next? seems like Zacha and Barzal are all over the place. I dont want Crouse... there's Provorov...

id actually be excited if we pick Meier cause i could watch him play juniors all season and i think he's gonna be really really good. If we could trade down and get him i'd be fine say we get something decent extra.

just read a few articles.

obviously McDavid and Eichel are gone. If the Coyotes are keeping their pick they are expected to take Dylan Strome 3rd. 

Well basically i really think its gonna be McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Hanifin and Marner gone by the time we pick. Then that's where i could start worrying... who's next? seems like Zacha and Barzal are all over the place. I dont want Crouse... there's Provorov...

id actually be excited if we pick Meier cause i could watch him play juniors all season and i think he's gonna be really really good. If we could trade down and get him i'd be fine say we get something decent extra.

If either defenseman are still there I hope they trade down a few spots and pick up another early 2nd this year. Stay in the top ten since it seems after strome and Marner all the top forwards seem to have as much chance to make it as the other and if we could get another asset to help us sooner rather then later that will help

I'm prepared to be furious tonight so on the off chance they draft Strome, Marner, or Barzal I'll be ecstatic.

I'm hoping for something like this:

Edm - McDavid

Buff - Eichel

Az - Strome

Tor - Hanifin

Phi (from Car) - Provorov

Marner!!

Or:

Edm - McDavid

Buff - Eichel

Columbus (from Az) - Hanifin

Tor - Marner

Phi (from Car) - Provorov

Strome!!

Or:

No trades...

McDavid

Eichel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Barzal!!

In that order.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I just think Marner to TOR is close to a guarantee... or at least that he wont get past them. My bet is

EDM: McD

BUF: Eichel

COL/WPG: Hannifin

TOR: Marner

CAR: Provorov/Strome

NJ: Strome/ Provorov

Thats a pretty realistic order right there, we just gotta hope Strome makes it past Carolina.

Sterio - I get that people are worried about Zacha for not putting up tons of points this season, but why don't you like Barzal? I had the same concerns about Zacha, but I have watched some videos that show me he's an impressive (and complete) player. I like his skill set, and don't think he's the typical "hard working power forward" people are making him out to be. 

To be honest, Strome is the guy I'm worried about becoming a bust.

No. I've learned to not trust this team anymore. But maybe Shero will surprise me and actually make a quality pick.

Edited by Bonginator11