2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

its just so frustrating to see "better" teams than us just getting better and better cause they have assets to make it happen. Our sh!t ex management really set us back so fvcking far.  

:glare:  :blahblah:  :horse:  

I understand it's frustrating, but beating the dead horse in nearly every thread you post in isn't going to acquire us offensive talent.  The only thing that management can really be blamed for is probably poor drafting from 2006-2012 and poor UFA acquisitions to fill-in for said poor drafting.  I'd rather be in this position that the Devils are in, where new management really has a huge amount of options in terms of how the team can be rebuilt and restructured than the Boston Bruins or Chicago.  Boston just gave up a top 4 (and under age 25) defenseman because of CAP issues.  Boston just made Calgary a much stronger team with Hamilton.  You would be having a Parise-like conniption right now if you were a Boston fan.  

:glare:  :blahblah:  :horse:  

I understand it's frustrating, but beating the dead horse in nearly every thread you post in isn't going to acquire us offensive talent.  The only thing that management can really be blamed for is probably poor drafting from 2006-2012 and poor UFA acquisitions to fill-in for said poor drafting.  I'd rather be in this position that the Devils are in, where new management really has a huge amount of options in terms of how the team can be rebuilt and restructured than the Boston Bruins or Chicago.  Boston just gave up a top 4 (and under age 25) defenseman because of CAP issues.  Boston just made Calgary a much stronger team with Hamilton.  You would be having a Parise-like conniption right now if you were a Boston fan.  

they did just get the #13, Martin Jones and Colin Miller for a possible rental in Lucic...

made their day better a bit

they did just get the #13, Martin Jones and Colin Miller for a possible rental in Lucic...

made their day better a bit

But do they make playoffs without Hamilton and Lucic?  And it's not like the picks they are acquiring are going to benefit them in this next season.  I mean the players they draft with these picks. 

Edited by RizzMB30

But do they make playoffs without Hamilton and Lucic?  And it's not like the picks they are acquiring are going to benefit them in this next season.  I mean the players they draft with these picks. 

Oh I know, trust me I wasn't jumping to aid there.

They might be sucking for that prospect who spells his name with an O. I saw the name earlier and thought it looked dumb, but now I can;t remember... I suck

Oh I know, trust me I wasn't jumping to aid there.

They might be sucking for that prospect who spells his name with an O. I saw the name earlier and thought it looked dumb, but now I can;t remember... I suck

O'Connor McDavid?

1. Shero was talking with Montreal GM Marc Bergevin earlier. Could have been about 26th pick options

2. Shero has mentioned multiple times possibly using one of the 2nds in a trade for a player. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Montreal is apparently looking at moving back from No. 26 and seeking two 2nd rounders. Could be option for Devils.

1. Shero was talking with Montreal GM Marc Bergevin earlier. Could have been about 26th pick options

2. Shero has mentioned multiple times possibly using one of the 2nds in a trade for a player. So, we'll have to wait and see.

3. Montreal is apparently looking at moving back from No. 26 and seeking two 2nd rounders. Could be option for Devils.

Hmm....interesting.  Is one player worth two in a draft like this?  I don't know if I'd like the move.  I think two 2nds are better than a late 1st.

Hmm....interesting.  Is one player worth two in a draft like this?  I don't know if I'd like the move.  I think two 2nds are better than a late 1st.

It totally depends on who is there. If its a guy you want, you do it. Could also be more involved.