2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

You have no idea if this was the case. Just because CSS didn't rank him doesn't mean this is true.

No I haven't interviewed every GM to verify that. However everyone on the telecast that said he wasn't projected anywhere close to that or even on their draft lists, and not just a matter of CSS rankings. When you hear stuff like that it's a good bet that he would have been available much later.

It wasn't the end of the world though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who ever is number one should say thanks but no thanks.

Guy clearly has a concussion problem. There has already been talk of him having to retire.

Start fresh with McDavid.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

I think it's inevitable NJ drafts Crowse. Very big fast winger who is apparently elite defensively at the junior level. Very physical and a good goal scorer. I think they take him even if they moved to 5 spot.

Not the most desirable selection since we would be passing over more elite offensive talents to take a winger who's offensive upside is still uncertain. Lou can't be seduced by the defensive game. Get the best offensive talent available for where the Devils will be. It won't be Crouse. He's also not that quick a skater.

I think it's inevitable NJ drafts Crowse. Very big fast winger who is apparently elite defensively at the junior level. Very physical and a good goal scorer. I think they take him even if they moved to 5 spot.

The Devils need to draft a center or a RW with that pick. I'll be annoyed if they take Crouse. If they pass on a playmaking potential #1 center or a RW like Rantanen to draft a LW in Crouse, it would be bordering on fireable lunacy... Edited by MadDog2020

Not the most desirable selection since we would be passing over more elite offensive talents to take a winger who's offensive upside is still uncertain. Lou can't be seduced by the defensive game. Get the best offensive talent available for where the Devils will be. It won't be Crouse. He's also not that quick a skater.

you know that its very very very possible that he will be seduced by defensive right? lol we've seen it enough before.

were now sitting on the 6th pick, 8 pts away from the 5th spot (carolina who has a game) i think were likely gonna stay 6, not impossible that we get 5 but this is the devils... so we'll pick 6 or 7. We HAVE to pick before the flyers. would be terrible that they get a player that we want and that he's haunting us for awhile lol

regardless of whom it is, (Rantanen, Crouse, Meier0  they might get a shot to make the team next year. especially Rantanen. ( like the fw on Fla whose name escapes me)

regardless of whom it is, (Rantanen, Crouse, Meier0  they might get a shot to make the team next year. especially Rantanen. ( like the fw on Fla whose name escapes me)

Barkov?

What do people think of Pavel Zacha? I like his game, even though this numbers haven't been as great as some of the other players the Devils have a shot of taking.

its always a gamble... big guy producing well you have to wonder... he's he producing cause he's playing against kids and he's bigger than most of them but once he's playing with guys all his sizes is he gonna keep that edge?

then a small player producing... same thing, it can work in juniors playings with other kids but is it gonna translate in the NHL etc etc

its always a gamble... big guy producing well you have to wonder... he's he producing cause he's playing against kids and he's bigger than most of them but once he's playing with guys all his sizes is he gonna keep that edge?

then a small player producing... same thing, it can work in juniors playings with other kids but is it gonna translate in the NHL etc etc

In other words, you can ask this question for every single player that isn't size. But if they are average size then you don't have to worry about their skills translating over? What you just said makes no sense at all.

We currently only have five picks in the draft. But we have 3 inside the first 50 selections.

My question. Would you trade the two second round picks (likely to be around 36 and 42) for a low first round pick(between 25 and 30) if the opportunity presented itself?

Or hold fast and take two players just outside the first round.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

We currently only have five picks in the draft. But we have 3 inside the first 50 selections.

My question. Would you trade the two second round picks (likely to be around 36 and 42) for a low first round pick(between 25 and 30) if the opportunity presented itself?

Or hold fast and take two players just outside the first round.

No the difference between a pick in the late 20s and mid 30s is negligible

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/mark-your-calendars-the-date-has-been-set-for-the-nhls-most-anticipated-draft-lottery-in-years/

was just looking for the date of the lottery.. looking like its Saturday April 18th? not sure if we already knew that, but there it is

Ah Daleys face when he announced the Devils had won the lottery. Such a sweet moment.

Crouse just doesn't address the scoring problem. I wonder (if we're picking at 6), if Carolina would take a defender over Marner/Strome. Or if we could maybe package a defender with our 1st to move up a spot. Gelinas + 6th for 5th?

I was reading the Carolina forum on HF and they were saying they need pretty much everything. Size, defense, scoring, etc. I'm just hoping that having Skinner makes Marner not as important to their needs and they go with size or defense and Marner falls to us.

Crouse just doesn't address the scoring problem. I wonder (if we're picking at 6), if Carolina would take a defender over Marner/Strome. Or if we could maybe package a defender with our 1st to move up a spot. Gelinas + 6th for 5th?

I was reading the Carolina forum on HF and they were saying they need pretty much everything. Size, defense, scoring, etc. I'm just hoping that having Skinner makes Marner not as important to their needs and they go with size or defense and Marner falls to us.

I don't think Gelinas gets that move done.

I would only move up for Strome. If not stick with the 6th and take one of Ratanen, Zacha, Brazal or Crouse.

I don't think Gelinas gets that move done.

I would only move up for Strome. If not stick with the 6th and take one of Ratanen, Zacha, Brazal or Crouse.

Unfortunately you're probably right and I don't think packaging any of our other defenders would be worth moving up one spot. I'm still hoping Carolina passes on Marner. But then I'm not confident Lou takes Marner. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this draft. There should be a good scoring forward available where we pick but I have no idea what Lou's going to do.

In other words, you can ask this question for every single player that isn't size. But if they are average size then you don't have to worry about their skills translating over? What you just said makes no sense at all.

haha wow, why are you stretching what i said and picking on it? it's a thing. "Some" smaller players were never able to adjust and some bigger players saw a drop in their play cause they didnt have that advantage anymore. 

Really not as if im saying it's that case in 100% or anything ridiculous. There's cases like that and It's certainly a thing and something scouts are looking into.