2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

With the success of many Russian players in this league, if Conte had heartburn in recent past , hopefully he has a change of heart. I know you don't want to draft someone who wants to play in his home country, but maybe if this kid is good enough, he can be an instant success. If not 15-16', the following.

In the past Lou, Lou didn't give signing bonus' etc (I'm pretty sure) All agents knew this. I 'm not sure if it ever "hurt" our chances of signing FA's?? Maybe not.

Bit will this policy change under Shero? 

Also, if Gurionov is drafted by us, and doesn't make team out of camp, can he stay in NO. America.?

With the success of many Russian players in this league, if Conte had heartburn in recent past , hopefully he has a change of heart. I know you don't want to draft someone who wants to play in his home country, but maybe if this kid is good enough, he can be an instant success. If not 15-16', the following.

In the past Lou, Lou didn't give signing bonus' etc (I'm pretty sure) All agents knew this. I 'm not sure if it ever "hurt" our chances of signing FA's?? Maybe not.

Bit will this policy change under Shero? 

Also, if Gurionov is drafted by us, and doesn't make team out of camp, can he stay in NO. America.?

All of this is IF I recall correctly:

Believe his club team in Europe/Russia (if he's currently under contract for 16/17) can demand that he be returned to them if Devils send him to Albany. That's the rule for players outside of the first round - first rounders can be sent to the minors w/o former clubs having anything to say about it.

Yes I would. Dont think Tampa does tho

Probably not, unless they really like Provorov or Hanifin, and either is available there.

Fact is that they're set at forward, and a team that has that sort of depth can afford to make moves like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not, unless they really like Provorov or Hanifin, and either is available there.

Fact is that they're set at forward, and a team that has that sort of depth can afford to make moves like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tampa burned a year of Drouin's ELC, which isn't the end of the world, but if he is the player we think he's going to be, that is sort of a big deal. Especially when you consider the cap is unpredictable. Of course, if he is the player we think, then that means he's helping big time

interesting, first one ive seen officially ranking Marner ahead of Strome.  I get that some of Strome's stats are inflated playing with McDavid but they weren't always on the same line.  Strome is 4 inches taller and about 30 lbs heavier than Marner.

My realistic preferences for the Devils are

1. Strome

2. Marner

3. Barzal

4. Hannifin

5. Provorov

interesting, first one ive seen officially ranking Marner ahead of Strome.  I get that some of Strome's stats are inflated playing with McDavid but they weren't always on the same line.  Strome is 4 inches taller and about 30 lbs heavier than Marner.

1. Strome

2. Marner

3. Barzal

4. Hannifin

5. Provorov

12 goals in 44 games for Barzal isn't good enough to want to see them stretch and get him at #6

12 goals in 44 games for Barzal isn't good enough to want to see them stretch and get him at #6

I think he's the best center after the big 4. Manner probably won't be a center in the NHL. He could even end up better than Strome. Last year he was ranked 3rd overall after McDavid and Eichel. I think his injury played a big part in his low numbers and drop in rank.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

If Hanifin is there at 6 I really, really don't see the case for not running up to the podium and grabbing him with open arms.

I don't care if he is a defenseman, I don't care that we have a "glut" of defenseman and need the forwards. You go with BPA and the only one that doesn't think Hanifin wouldn't be the BPA at 6 is Craig Button and his mock draft is really, really out there.

You draft Hanifin and our defense is instantly one of the best in the league. That said I really hope either Strome or Marner drops to us. That would be the ideal senario for us. However, I can't shake the feeling that we are going to draft Crouse or Rattatan

1. Strome

2. Marner

3. Barzal

4. Hannifin

5. Provorov

Been putting Marner ahead of Strome all season, Strome is good but Marner has more high end offensive skill and speed. Strome isn't entirely a product of McDavid, it would be foolish to think that, but Strome's production did drop 37% this season when McDavid was out of Erie's lineup with his injuries and his time at the WJC, case can easily be made that without McDavid, Marner leads the OHL in scoring this season and not Strome. The thing that makes Marner great is his speed and skill, the thing that makes Strome great is his high end hockey smarts.

If Hanifin is there at 6 I really, really don't see the case for not running up to the podium and grabbing him with open arms.

I don't care if he is a defenseman, I don't care that we have a "glut" of defenseman and need the forwards. You go with BPA and the only one that doesn't think Hanifin wouldn't be the BPA at 6 is Craig Button and his mock draft is really, really out there.

You draft Hanifin and our defense is instantly one of the best in the league. That said I really hope either Strome or Marner drops to us. That would be the ideal senario for us. However, I can't shake the feeling that we are going to draft Crouse or Rattatan

I pretty much agree with this down the line right down to Strome/Marner hope.

I also think that if Hanifin (or even Provorov) is still there at 6, that means that its pretty much assured Marner and Strome are gone. In this scenario, while I could totally see and understand the Devils taking Hanifin, I could also see that situation bring a trade down into play. There could be some team that is willing to pay out the nose to get up to 6 to grab him. I'd be fine with that as it keeps him out of Philly. This draft is deep enough to consider a drop down and still come away with an excellent player + more assets. We may not even have to drop far if say Columbus wanted him, would likely be able to pick up another 2nd in that scenario espc since they have 3 of them.

Edited by ghdi

I pretty much agree with this down the line right down to Strome/Marner hope.

I also think that if Hanifin (or even Provorov) is still there at 6, that means that its pretty much assured Marner and Strome are gone. In this scenario, while I could totally see and understand the Devils taking Hanifin, I could also see that situation bring a trade down into play. There could be some team that is willing to pay out the nose to get up to 6 to grab him. I'd be fine with that as it keeps him out of Philly. This draft is deep enough to consider a drop down and still come away with an excellent player + more assets. We may not even have to drop far if say Columbus wanted him, would likely be able to pick up another 2nd in that scenario espc since they have 3 of them.

We may have to send an extra pick but maybe we could squeeze Columbus for Rychel if we traded down to 8OA

I'm wondering if Gelinas is too much or too little to add to the 6th oa to get Carolina to trade one spot down. That is if Marner or Strome are still there. I still think there's a good chance Carolina drafts Crouse or Provorov anyway though. But they might have Marner/Strome/Hanifin as bpa and just draft whichever one is there. That's when I'd try to trade up.