Bernier, Harrold & Janssen on Waivers. Carter to Wild

devilsrule33

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said he's recommended to Scott Gomez to stay around as unsigned "taxi squad" player. No roster room for him right now.

wow ok.. so what does that mean, barring an injury he's not on the team? 

so i guess that just leaves Brunner

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said he's recommended to Scott Gomez to stay around as unsigned "taxi squad" player. No roster room for him right now.

good, honestly right now I'd rather have gionta as a 4th line center.

Also Harrold is practicing today so that again makes me believe that this is just some roster finagling to give Lou time to sort out the forwards. I still think severson will start in Albany if I had to bet on it.

Still think Brunner is traded today, but we'll see how it goes down.

I think i've read on one TG's article that he was complaining about his line during camp... that he wasn't test in top 9... 

If this is true... I can't even imagine this kind of behavior being accepted by management.. especially from someone that was playing so poorly for a whole season for us. 

So... Yep.

Let's trade him (but where ? Who isn't set with their own lineup ? ) 

Im sure im the minority here, but i still think Brunner > clowe/zubrus.  I feel he had a hard time adjusting to the system last year and got some bad timing with injury.  I bet if he got the chance he would bounce back this year. I personally would rather see him slotted on one of those 2 lines in place of the above.  JMO.

Edited by jonnyd91

Im sure im the minority here, but i still think Brunner > clowe/zubrus. I feel he had a hard time adjusting to the system last year and got some bad timing with injury. I bet if he got the chance he would bounce back this year. I personally would rather see him slotted on one of those 2 lines in place of the above. JMO.

I can understand this feeling... Ithink clowe brings more but obviously has the injury questions. Zubrus is a more versatile player who can slot into several roles, either left or right wing and even center in a pinch.

I feel like Brunner can be a good extra and slot in the top 9 when there's an injury but if he's gonna complain about such a role then it's not worth dealing with.

Still think Brunner is traded today, but we'll see how it goes down.

what time is the deadline today again?

nevermind sorry, just saw this quote in the article from Chere

“We will not have a roster until 5 o’clock tonight. We will be submitting it between 4 and 5 p.m.” -Lou

I can understand this feeling... Ithink clowe brings more but obviously has the injury questions. Zubrus is a more versatile player who can slot into several roles, either left or right wing and even center in a pinch.

I feel like Brunner can be a good extra and slot in the top 9 when there's an injury but if he's gonna complain about such a role then it's not worth dealing with.

I agree, but i can see his frustration. Especially if he truly feels he is in for a bounce back year. In a way it shows some confidence.  I think he fits better than zubrus, with elias and havlat, but real life > on paper.

and also this quote

Lamoriello said the roster he submits to the NHL later Tuesday may not be the one the Devils have when they open the season Thursday night in Philadelphia. That suggests a trade could be in the works.

Yeah I could see a deal in the next day or two.

I find the D pairing interesting, Larsson on the outside?

Devs' D pairs: Greene-Severson; Salvador-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Merrill; Harrold-Larsson. Goalies: Schneider, Clemmensen.

I saw 4 out of the 6 pre-season games and in the ones Larsson played, he didn't quite impress me.  At least not to where he should be.

I saw 4 out of the 6 pre-season games and in the ones Larsson played, he didn't quite impress me.  At least not to where he should be.

Yeah, at this point its time to **** or get off the pot.  Trade him already for a decent pick, doesn't do him.us any good playing as an extra.

NJ started last year with a D of Greene-Fayne, Salvador-Zidlicky, Volchenkov-Larsson - Harrold.  None of these players was traded, and yet Gelinas got into 60 games and Merrill 52.  Even if Larsson sits game 1, he'll play in plenty of games during the year.  Whether it's him or Gelinas that sits I don't mind either way - both guys need serious work on their D zone reads.

NJ started last year with a D of Greene-Fayne, Salvador-Zidlicky, Volchenkov-Larsson - Harrold.  None of these players was traded, and yet Gelinas got into 60 games and Merrill 52.  Even if Larsson sits game 1, he'll play in plenty of games during the year.  Whether it's him or Gelinas that sits I don't mind either way - both guys need serious work on their D zone reads.

I am curious do you think that Larsson and Gelinas are on an equal level as far their defensive play?

I think like you they both have work to do getting their defensive game up to another level but Gelinas has more work to do than Larsson.

I am curious do you think that Larsson and Gelinas are on an equal level as far their defensive play?

I think like you they both have work to do getting their defensive game up to another level but Gelinas has more work to do than Larsson.

Gelinas needs a lot more work but his upside offensively may have tipped their scales in his direction vs. Larsson.

Gelinas needs a lot more work but his upside offensively may have tipped their scales in his direction vs. Larsson.

I understand your point but with Gelinas we could be trading off goals and if he doesn't score one it could be detrimental to the one he allows

Edited by BostonNala370

If Larsson wasn't a top-ten draft pick a few years ago, this guy would have been set to sail a long time ago.  Everyone's enamored with the fact that he was a top five pick, and that "we just cant waist a top five pick" by sitting him or trading him for nothing.

Bottom line is that Larsson is NOT an a-typical NJ Devil and he just doesn't fit here...he's got the characteristics to be a projected top defensemen, but it appears that it isn't coming to fruition here in NJ

Get something of value for him and call it a day...

If Larsson wasn't a top-ten draft pick a few years ago, this guy would have been set to sail a long time ago.  Everyone's enamored with the fact that he was a top five pick, and that "we just cant waist a top five pick" by sitting him or trading him for nothing.

Bottom line is that Larsson is NOT an a-typical NJ Devil and he just doesn't fit here...he's got the characteristics to be a projected top defensemen, but it appears that it isn't coming to fruition here in NJ

Get something of value for him and call it a day...

If Larsson wasn't a top ten pick, he would have spent another year in Sweden, then a year or 2 in the AHL and would be a rookie last year or this year. He's still the youngest defenseman on the team other than Severson.

That would be like cutting the cord on Merrill before last season, or on Gelinas in 2012, or Andy Greene while he was still in college.

• Like 2

If Larsson wasn't a top ten pick, he would have spent another year in Sweden, then a year or 2 in the AHL and would be a rookie last year or this year. He's still the youngest defenseman on the team other than Severson.

That would be like cutting the cord on Merrill before last season, or on Gelinas in 2012, or Andy Greene while he was still in college.

This 1000 times!

I'll reserve judgment on Larsson's career as a whole until he's 25 or 26.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 2