Anybody know what's going on with the goal song?

Mike Brown

i think that whole recorded chant any way they put it is stupid and sounds like total crap ESPECIALLY the current one they have..it is literally like embarrassing it sounds ridiculous. What is wrong with leaving it to the crowd when a goal is scored? the fans bring enough excitement we dont need a pre recorded chant to play.

Rangers goal song also has an animated "lets go rangers" and the "hey"s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av1cTYQN0f0

Difference is that the Rangers didn't record "LGR" into the song like the Devils did.

i think that whole recorded chant any way they put it is stupid and sounds like total crap ESPECIALLY the current one they have..it is literally like embarrassing it sounds ridiculous. What is wrong with leaving it to the crowd when a goal is scored? the fans bring enough excitement we dont need a pre recorded chant to play.

I agree with this.  When the song first came out, all they did was encourage a "LGD" chant by putting it on the jumbotron.  Then they recorded the chant into the song and it sounds like crap.

There was something about fan participation in the goal song at the sth bbq, I never really investigated what.  My guess is they're having the fans do the LGD chant instead of having the stupid canned version :lol:

And...I was right lol.  According to someone on HF, that's exactly what they had people do (their own LGD chant).  Supposedly the goal song itself is an original composition, so we'll see on Opening Night I guess.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rangers goal song also has an animated "lets go rangers" and the "hey"s

the Rangers "song" sounds like someone with a stomach ache, then just "hey! Hey! hey he hey!" is it even a part of a real song, or something they made up?

They're just desperately trying to stop anyone from being able to fit in a "you suck" or anything considered negative toward the opposing team or its fans, which if that's why they're doing it, then I just can't agree with them. Changing it because it's lame, played out, or because the song writer was a pedobear, ok I can agree with that, but you can't just go all crowd police on people and censor what they say because little ears hear it and parents get all butthurt. It's a pro sporting event, people are going to yell naughty things, deal with it. Teach your own kids to ignore and/or not repeat what they heard, instead of demanding the arena management go naging everyone to be nice. As long as it doesn't escalate to violence, what's the problem? I also can't agree with people complaining it's "classless" or "juvenile". It's fans being fans, and that's it. Leave the 'class' for the next nominee for the Lady Byng and the guys on the ice.

Edited by Legion15

And...I was right lol. According to someone on HF, that's exactly what they had people do (their own LGD chant). Supposedly the goal song itself is an original composition, so we'll see on Opening Night I guess.

I'm trying to be positive that it's going to be awesome but the pessimist in me feels like it's going to be an utter train wreck of a song lol plus you damn well know we are gonna get shutout at the home opener so we can drag the suspense out longer haha

the Rangers "song" sounds like someone with a stomach ache, then just "hey! Hey! hey he hey!" is it even a part of a real song, or something they made up?

They're just desperately trying to stop anyone from being able to fit in a "you suck" or anything considered negative toward the opposing team or its fans, which if that's why they're doing it, then I just can't agree with them. Changing it because it's lame, played out, or because the song writer was a pedobear, ok I can agree with that, but you can't just go all crowd police on people and censor what they say because little ears hear it and parents get all butthurt. It's a pro sporting event, people are going to yell naughty things, deal with it. Teach your own kids to ignore and/or not repeat what they heard, instead of demanding the arena management go naging everyone to be nice. As long as it doesn't escalate to violence, what's the problem? I also can't agree with people complaining it's "classless" or "juvenile". It's fans being fans, and that's it. Leave the 'class' for the next nominee for the Lady Byng and the guys on the ice.

I don't necessarily think it's parents or fans that initiated this (maybe some, but probably not very many).  Seems like Lou and others in the organization just decided that YS needed to go.  And they're clearly not going to give up on it. 

And butthurt is quickly becoming an overused and annoying word...not saying that to disparage you in particular, just that it gets thrown out there way too much in general.   

As a parent (my daughter is now 6 and in first grade), I decided a long time ago that I shouldn't expect the world to sanitize itself in her presence.  She's going to hear bad words, even from kids her own age.  It's life and it's reality.  It's not on the rest of the world to suddenly act differently in front of my kid (some hypocritical parents, who had no trouble letting loose with four-letter frothings in front of anyone before they had children, somehow think everybody better pull it together as soon as their bundle of joy enters a room).  Would it be nice if people sitting right near us weren't loudly cursing a mile a minute?  Sure.  But I feel like it's on me to explain to her why acting like that or following that kind of example (especially at her age) isn't in her best interests. 

But on another rant...one thing I can't understand is why people just seem to think they're above the rules and that nothing applies to them.  Went to see a movie (Boxtrolls) the other night, and as always, there's clear announcements that ask viewers to turn off their cell phones and not talk at all.  But nope, lots of entitled parents and their entitled kids acting like they're in their own friggin' living room, just doing whatever they please...I don't expect a theater full of children to be completely silent, but I do expect Father Fat fvck sitting in front of me not to be texting people or giving running commentary about the movie to his daughter, and I do expect the parents of the five monsters sitting next to me to tell their kids to stay in their seats and watch the fvcking movie for 10 minutes at a clip, instead of letting them run amok every five seconds, all the while doing NOTHING to stop any of it.  I explain to my daughter before we go into a movie theater how she should behave, and we've never had a problem with her in a theater setting.  What's so friggin' hard about this?   

I don't necessarily think it's parents or fans that initiated this (maybe some, but probably not very many). Seems like Lou and others in the organization just decided that YS needed to go. And they're clearly not going to give up on it.

And butthurt is quickly becoming an overused and annoying word...not saying that to disparage you in particular, just that it gets thrown out there way too much in general.

As a parent (my daughter is now 6 and in first grade), I decided a long time ago that I shouldn't expect the world to sanitize itself in her presence. She's going to hear bad words, even from kids her own age. It's life and it's reality. It's not on the rest of the world to suddenly act differently in front of my kid (some hypocritical parents, who had no trouble letting loose with four-letter frothings in front of anyone before they had children, somehow think everybody better pull it together as soon as their bundle of joy enters a room). Would it be nice if people sitting right near us weren't loudly cursing a mile a minute? Sure. But I feel like it's on me to explain to her why acting like that or following that kind of example (especially at her age) isn't in her best interests.

But on another rant...one thing I can't understand is why people just seem to think they're above the rules and that nothing applies to them. Went to see a movie (Boxtrolls) the other night, and as always, there's clear announcements that ask viewers to turn off their cell phones and not talk at all. But nope, lots of entitled parents and their entitled kids acting like they're in their own friggin' living room, just doing whatever they please...I don't expect a theater full of children to be completely silent, but I do expect Father Fat fvck sitting in front of me not to be texting people or giving running commentary about the movie to his daughter, and I do expect the parents of the five monsters sitting next to me to tell their kids to stay in their seats and watch the fvcking movie for 10 minutes at a clip, instead of letting them run amok every five seconds, all the while doing NOTHING to stop any of it. I explain to my daughter before we go into a movie theater how she should behave, and we've never had a problem with her in a theater setting. What's so friggin' hard about this?

I couldn't agree more. As a parent of a six year old myself, I realize there is no way to sanitize what he hears from others outside my home. It is my job as a parent to educate my children re: what is right and wrong, and enforce our family values. I don't expect the Devils or anybody else to do that for me.

If the team doesn't want to be associated with the YS chant, then good for them. If they want to change the goal song every game, that us their decision to make. But, practically speaking, it is going to be extremely difficult to take that chant out of the game day experience because, most likely, the fans will find a way to fit it into almost any song the pick or compose. Plus, for some people, this has become a personal vendetta and they are not going to let it die easily.

I don't look forward to this being an issue again this season.

It is what it is.  My only beef with last season was with how it was all handled originally.  I am curious to hear an original piece...just hope it's not cringe-inducing.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Rangers suck has been a chant since the CAA/BBA days.

The addition of "you suck" is significantly more recent [in comparison to the team]. You watch any of our championships and you do not hear it.

While I am against it, the fact some people act like it has been around forever and is a time honored tradition of the organization, is pretty laughable.

Rangers suck has been a chant since the CAA/BBA days.

The addition of "you suck" is significantly more recent [in comparison to the team]. You watch any of our championships and you do not hear it.

While I am against it, the fact some people act like it has been around forever and is a time honored tradition of the organization, is pretty laughable.

+10000000.  It started around 2007ish.  Yet some people are acting like it has been there since day one in 1982.

Rangers suck chant has been around since at least the 90's. However back then you only heard it once, maybe twice a game instead of 5 times a period even when the Rangers are not playing them.

+10000000.  It started around 2007ish.  Yet some people are acting like it has been there since day one in 1982.

Rangers suck chant has been around since at least the 90's. However back then you only heard it once, maybe twice a game instead of 5 times a period even when the Rangers are not playing them.

can't agree more with jagknife's post.  its not even a witty chant, not sure why so many are trying so hard to hold onto it

I don't necessarily think it's parents or fans that initiated this (maybe some, but probably not very many). Seems like Lou and others in the organization just decided that YS needed to go. And they're clearly not going to give up on it.

As a parent (my daughter is now 6 and in first grade), I decided a long time ago that I shouldn't expect the world to sanitize itself in her presence. She's going to hear bad words, even from kids her own age. It's life and it's reality. It's not on the rest of the world to suddenly act differently in front of my kid (some hypocritical parents, who had no trouble letting loose with four-letter frothings in front of anyone before they had children, somehow think everybody better pull it together as soon as their bundle of joy enters a room). Would it be nice if people sitting right near us weren't loudly cursing a mile a minute? Sure. But I feel like it's on me to explain to her why acting like that or following that kind of example (especially at her age) isn't in her best interests.

But on another rant...one thing I can't understand is why people just seem to think they're above the rules and that nothing applies to them. Went to see a movie (Boxtrolls) the other night, and as always, there's clear announcements that ask viewers to turn off their cell phones and not talk at all. But nope, lots of entitled parents and their entitled kids acting like they're in their own friggin' living room, just doing whatever they please...I don't expect a theater full of children to be completely silent, but I do expect Father Fat fvck sitting in front of me not to be texting people or giving running commentary about the movie to his daughter, and I do expect the parents of the five monsters sitting next to me to tell their kids to stay in their seats and watch the fvcking movie for 10 minutes at a clip, instead of letting them run amok every five seconds, all the while doing NOTHING to stop any of it. I explain to my daughter before we go into a movie theater how she should behave, and we've never had a problem with her in a theater setting. What's so friggin' hard about this?

This is why I treat the movie Idiocracy as a real documentary and not a comedy.

Civilization is circling the toilet bowl.

can't agree more with jagknife's post.  its not even a witty chant, not sure why so many are trying so hard to hold onto it

We were the 3rd team in the NHL to use it at best, and before that tons of colleges used it. I really don't like that some Devils fans think it was this big original chant.

I've always been one to say it's none of my business what other people want to chant, but I still find it funny how passionate people are about chanting "you suck".