It's Official: Tootoo signed to a one-year, one-way deal, gets#20

Derlique

Does Harrold have to physically go to Albany? I just can't believe it, happy but shocked. Does he need to be put on re-entry waivers to return? Looks like Larrson, Gelly and Severson platoon if true.

Don't really get all the Harrold hate.  He proved to be a pretty effective seventh defenseman.  I would much rather have him in that role than Sheldon Brookbank who actually managed to land that gig on the Blackhawks.

Let's be honest, Larsson doesn't have a shot of staying with the big club all year anyway  :giggle:

Well he's definitely got one foot on the plane out the door at this point, but it's not like they'd be able to slip him through waivers.  He's gotta be traded (or Gelinas) if they're not going to give either a real chance this year.

lol I was just thinking how many times Cangi and Daneyko will completely screw up with both of them being on the ice together.

Back in the day, Glenn Healey and Pat Flatley had a show on SportsChannel when they were both with the Islanders called 'Heals and Flats'. These guys need a show- or at least a segment on the pregame or Hockey Night Live- called 'Ruuts sand Toots'. [emoji39] Edited by MadDog2020

lol I was just thinking how many times Cangi and Daneyko will completely screw up with both of them being on the ice together.

i wonder if there is any possibility that rutuu could possibly be traded, lou kind of hinted that a trade may be made by stating that what the current roster looks like now may not be the current roster on thursday.

I miss Chico already  :whistling:

i wonder if there is any possibility that rutuu could possibly be traded, lou kind of hinted that a trade may be made by stating that what the current roster looks like now may not be the current roster on thursday.

If anyone gets traded it's Brunner.  Why would they trade Ruutu, he's the 'prototypical Devil' and hasn't really had much of a look so far.

Don't really get all the Harrold hate.  He proved to be a pretty effective seventh defenseman.  I would much rather have him in that role than Sheldon Brookbank who actually managed to land that gig on the Blackhawks.

He definitely gets more criticism than he deserves. He's a solid 7th guy that can step in cold and be an adequate D. Unfortunately for him, people (me included) hate seeing guys like Larsson sit out which can cause some unfair attention to be thrown Harrold's way.

Especially since Harrold being sent down definitely means you have a nonsensical rotation of Larsson-Severson-Gelinas.

I don't mind the rotation to start the season and I figure injuries are bound to happen to allow these guys to get game time. I just hope that they don't keep anyone frozen out of the line up for too long. I'm curious to see if they dress 7 D at any point while they have these guys up together.

Back in the day, Glenn Healey and Pat Flatley had a show on SportsChannel when they were both with the Islanders called 'Heals and Flats'. These guys need a show- or at least a segment on the pregame or Hockey Night Live- called 'Ruuts sand Toots'. [emoji39]

Ruutin' and Tootin' Game Night :)

League minimum on this deal - solid.  Of course it's easier when the guy is also being paid $500,000 by the Red Wings to not play for them.  I liked Tootoo in Nashville and while I don't expect that kind of offense (Jordin's hands are terrible), I do expect more than we got out of guys like Mair and Pelley. 

League minimum on this deal - solid.  Of course it's easier when the guy is also being paid $500,000 by the Red Wings to not play for them.  I liked Tootoo in Nashville and while I don't expect that kind of offense (Jordin's hands are terrible), I do expect more than we got out of guys like Mair and Pelley. 

Is this who we should be comparing him to? While he's a different player than Carter/Bernier, they did give us 1.5 good years of solid fourth line play.

Bernier has played 181 games for the Devils (including playoffs) - he has scored a total of 14 goals, and he's been used on the power play and gotten ice time with Elias.  Knocking out the 2 PP goals he scored as a Devil leaves us with 12 goals in 181 games - this is the rate I expect out of Tootoo.  He's a good playmaker, though - his most common forward linemates over his career were Jerred Smithson (who could be the worst non-goon to play regular games in the NHL recently), Nick Spaling (who is not a good scorer), David Legwand (who is), Radek Bonk, Colin Wilson, Scott Nichol, and Vernon Fiddler.  Other than Legwand and Wilson there's not much scoring there and yet he averages around 12 ES assists per 82 games.