GDT 10/7/14: THE NJ DEVILS @ Philadelphia 7PM

Onddeck

Flyers looked pretty sh!t last night, think we can win this easily if we just don't give them many if any power play chances. Of course we also need to score somehow, Lets hope we have more finish than last year.

Side note,

I honestly can't believe Gionta is still on this year how did he survive this years camp.

Edited by Sneax

4. Ken Daneyko, who will begin his regular role as TV analyst alongside Steve Cangialosi, showed up unshaven and took a lot of heat, particularly from DeBoer.

Daneyko assured everyone that he would be clean-shaven for the game, undoubtedly to the delight of Lou Lamoriello.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/10/5_tidbits_from_the_devils_morning_skate_in_philadephia.html

lol... like really? 

Hard to believe another season is underway. Wish I could watch, but I'm in Key West. Let's go Devils!

Flyers looked pretty sh!t last night, think we can win this easily if we just don't give them many if any power play chances. Of course we also need to score somehow, Lets hope we have more finish than last year.

Side note,

I honestly can't believe Gionta is still on this year how did he survive this years camp.

my concern here, though, is that they are coming off a game against a tough Bruins team.. my fear is that last nights game kinda woke them up and brought them up to speed.. like mid-season form already haha. 

we just can't come out there with stiff legs. we gotta move out there

What's up ladies and gents.  Psyched for another season.  Very different when I looked at the Devils website and at the bottom of the list under 'goaltenders' didn't see the name Brodeur their, but excited to see what Mr. Schneider can do now that the team is all his.

Disappointed to see Larsson scratched and I can understand his frustration.  Seems pretty fvcked up if you ask me, even though it was supposedly based on camp results, yet DeBoer says it was still splitting hairs.  If it was that close, you gotta give the nod to Larsson.  He's earned it. 

I'm still vastly concerned about our offense this year.  I like a lot of the pieces we added this year, but I can't help but think that they're still somewhat aging vets similar to what we already have.

If the defense continues to be solid as they have been for the past year or two, and Cory is a wall like we expect him to be, then I think we might be able to get back to the playoffs this year, basically by winning a lot of low scoring games (aka vintage Devils hockey).  We'll see.

Let's Go Devils!

my concern here, though, is that they are coming off a game against a tough Bruins team.. my fear is that last nights game kinda woke them up and brought them up to speed.. like mid-season form already haha. 

we just can't come out there with stiff legs. we gotta move out there

i was worried about this to, not saying its going this way but if its anything like schneids first preseason game he can be lights out all night.

yeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!! fvcking right boys