GDT 10/7/14: THE NJ DEVILS @ Philadelphia 7PM

Onddeck

Well all's well that ends well. Fun game.

Well gents, it was a pleasure participating in my first regular season GDT as a member of this forum. Glad to see a win, though a less heart attack-y one would have been nice!

youre a good luck charm so far, you better be back on Saturday!

Schneider actually had a good game. There was a few standout players tonight.

As far as blowing the lead... It's hard to keep leads when your PK isn't working and ours isn't yet. You can apply that to 2012 when are PK was poor throughout much of those playoffs.

That was an awesome game and the team looks pretty good.

If blowing multi-goal leads is our biggest problem this year, it's going to be a great season.

And Dano was good too I thought.

Edited by devils102

Normally I'd be extremely pissed at a blown lead like tonight.  But I really can't be tonight.  Here's my breakdown.

Giroux goal: Nice shot, but probably one Schneider wants to stop.

Simmonds goal: Nice play by him and great shot.

Simmonds goal: Nothing anybody could do about that.  The only thing they did wrong was lose the faceoff and Clowe took a bad penalty.

Lecavalier goal: Salvador fvcked up.  And a nice shot by Vinny.

I thought Schneider played well.  3 of the 4 goals were certainly stoppable, but he made some really nice saves as well.  And none of the goals were really weak.

The offense looks much better. This is not the limping dump truck offense of last year. The Devils seem quicker, passes are crisper. There is just far more offensive ingenuity on this team than the helpless shlubs that we saw last year who would have ENTIRE GAMES where we got 11, 15, 17 shots on net and maybe 3-4 good chances. This was a breath of fresh air to see.

Ryder was clearly nursing something last season he looked faster

Jagr skated like he was at least 5 years younger. I don't expect it to last but he looked great. Fresh in early season mode.

Schneider gave up some uncharacteristic softies. There were defensive breakdowns but he's as much to blame. He looked like bad-brodeur tonight.

Salvador...train wreck.

And I'm not very confident heading into Florida either. That's slowly turned into a lead blowing house of horrors of late as well. But hey at least they're 1-0 and don't have to deal with that goose egg growing larger like it did last season.