NHL and Roku Team Up To....

StarDew

I still can't believe there is no GameCenter for X-Box One yet. Someone really screwed the pooch on that one as well. Although I'm pleased that for customers in Canada who have a Rogers account, you can get GameCenter for free until Dec. 31. May be the only good thing about Rogers buying NHL rights.

I still can't believe there is no GameCenter for X-Box One yet. Someone really screwed the pooch on that one as well. Although I'm pleased that for customers in Canada who have a Rogers account, you can get GameCenter for free until Dec. 31. May be the only good thing about Rogers buying NHL rights.

The NHL app is the Gamecenter app. I'm watching the game on my X1 right now. I'm gonna try to find one of those "exclusive angle cams".

Edited by Jerzey Devil

So far the stream is great through the Xbox one. I had a lot of problems with the 360 app. It would lag a lot. As I'm typing this I've exper my first drop. I'm just looking at a loading circle. But the stream was flawless during the first period. HD the whole time.

I don't see any options for alternate camera angles. The menus are nice.

It's a good start. I like it. Still looking at a loading circle though.

I had no issues with my Xbox360 and XboxOne streams the past two days...  I haven't seeked out those angles they are touting.   I have a Roku3 I set up for my parents which I havent checked up with my mom to see how it's working this year...   then again, she likely hasn't tried it since she only watches the Devils; and with this being against the Flyers she just watches it on tv.

For those who havent signed up for GCL yet...   I highly recommend you setup a VPN and sign up out of the US/Canada...  I've been paying $99; not the $160.  

I had no issues with my Xbox360 and XboxOne streams the past two days...  I haven't seeked out those angles they are touting.   I have a Roku3 I set up for my parents which I havent checked up with my mom to see how it's working this year...   then again, she likely hasn't tried it since she only watches the Devils; and with this being against the Flyers she just watches it on tv.

For those who havent signed up for GCL yet...   I highly recommend you setup a VPN and sign up out of the US/Canada...  I've been paying $99; not the $160.

What VPN do you use? How much?

I might get this just so I can watch the Devils home feed. Is it high def?

There is a better site to use.  Based out of europe, full hd, built in dvr, both home and away feeds, includes AHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL and I think NCAA but not sure on NCAA, can watch on-demand, cheaper than game center and center ice.  Do not want to post it here, but if anyone wants it, pm me.  No local blackouts, no black outs on national broadcasts either.

Edited by Matteau#32

There is a better site to use. Based out of europe, full hd, built in dvr, both home and away feeds, includes AHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL and I think NCAA but not sure on NCAA, can watch on-demand, cheaper than game center and center ice. Do not want to post it here, but if anyone wants it, pm me. No local blackouts, no black outs on national broadcasts either.

Uhh why not post it? Is it in a legal grey area or something?

.. please PM it to me regardless :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

But, that really is ridiculous that you have to upgrade to the Roku 3, since I believe they are still selling Roku 2's on the Roku website. I'm sure league is getting some money for this, but all it does is push more people to the non-sanctioned streaming services both paid and free.

I believe the Roku's in current production still work. It's the older Roku 1 and 2s... at least that's what I read elsewhere

What VPN do you use? How much?

I might get this just so I can watch the Devils home feed. Is it high def?

I just used the Hola plugin for Chrome just so I am viewed as not in US/Canada. I give them my legit details, I just save $60.

The non nhl gcl streaming sites aren't legal persay... But I think most of the risk is to the source providers and not the downstream viewers. I'm happy paying the NHL, but I'll look for discounts wherever.

Not sure on the legalities of the site.

I'm pretty sure none of the streaming sites are legal so I really don't get why you wouldn't just post the link here. Not like the FBI is monitoring the forum and will be knocking down your tomorrow for posting a link to a site that's illegally broadcasting NHL games.

Edited by ATLL765

I just used the Hola plugin for Chrome just so I am viewed as not in US/Canada. I give them my legit details, I just save $60.

The non nhl gcl streaming sites aren't legal persay... But I think most of the risk is to the source providers and not the downstream viewers. I'm happy paying the NHL, but I'll look for discounts wherever.

So then you just use video out on your desktop/lapop to TV? Or just watch it on whatever device you have Chrome,correct?

So then you just use video out on your desktop/lapop to TV? Or just watch it on whatever device you have Chrome,correct?

I did the first year. Now they have apps for Xbox, Sony, Roku, etc... so I just watch off my bluray players and xboxes. I use to get center ice, but I like how gcl travels with me, the condensed game mode, plus I can watch any game from any recent season, plus some classics... all on demand.

Well worth the money in my book.