NFL Week 6!!!

CRASHER

Soooo, going into last week I was pretty awful at picking games….two games under .500 and it was getting to the point that you could count on flipping a coin to get more accurate predictions….then in the middle of the afternoon my GF asks me for pick advice in her office pool….I sit….I look….I think “oh crap this is gonna end BADLY”……I make the picks….I go 13-2 and if she hadn’t been delusional and picked 54 total points in the Monday Night game I’d have gotten half the damn pot….oh well….let’s see if this can be a streak and not a fluke to make my numbers look pretty right?? Anyway only two teams again to not deal with in the Saints and the Chiefs (like you needed a reason to cut the Saints defense by now…right??) Let’s see what crap the No Football League has for us this week!!!

Thursday Oct 9:

Indy at Houston:

At least this awful game won’t be a 40 point blowout (that’s a baby step for Thursday Night)….but now watch it blows up that way anyway….I like the Colts and their weapons….yes they have O-Line troubles, but the Texans defense is just the JJ Watt show (has he recovered from Romo dekeing him out of his boots yet?? :D )….given the Colts defense won’t scare ANYONE, but neither does Ryan Fitzpatrick….the Texans best hope in this game is Arian Foster being able to survive two games in 4 days, but I still like the Colts offense to do its thing in this one (and yes…TY Hilton, you’re ALLOWED TO GET THE BALL IN THE END ZONE YOU KNOW….did Akeem Nicks pass on his no-touchdown disease to you??)…not an exciting game, but it will be a competitive one….finally!!

Winner: Colts  (I can’t POSSIBLY get two Thursday Nighters in a row right can I?)

Game Quality:  **

Sunday Oct 12:

1pm:

New England at Buffalo:

TOUCHDOWNS….UNICORNS….FRESHLY BORN BABIES!!!! ESPN IS REJOICING!!! THE PATRIOTS ARE BACK!!! Um….not really….they just crushed on the Bengals…NO TEAM plays smaller in the big spot than the Cincinnati Bengals….and New England just pounced on it….the Bills on the other hand have actually done decent in the bigger games this year….they kept the Bears offense in check at home, held San Diego to just 22 points , did what they had to against a Calvin-less Lions, and EJ Manuel gave the Texans more points than their defense did….meanwhile people are MASSIVELY overrating what they saw on Sunday Night…yes I MEAN YOU TOO JAMIE :P….the pats have also given up 75 points in their losses (egads)….and the Bills have enough weapons and Orton can at least get the ball to them efficiently….people may call this an upset pick….but I don’t….now watch New England wins 40-7 and Jamie doesn’t let me hear the end of it all night……

Winner:  Bills

Game Quality:  ***

Carolina at Cincinnati:

Well the pressure is off the Bengals again….no one cares about you know since New England drove and rammed you down the Hershey Highway on Sunday Night….so it’s probably time for another nice, efficient win at home….Carolina’s a mess…the backfield has issues…the defense doesn’t get to the QB since Hardy went into criminal exile, and the Bengals defense matches up very nicely against this undermanned Carolina line-up (hell I’m still amazed how the Bears blew it last week….)…a classic week of getting to fatten up on a lesser opponent beat up by injuries….

Winner: Bengals

Pittsburgh at Cleveland:

Has ANYONE been impressed by the Steelers this year??? If you have,  you obviously own five horrible hankies and actually think that Terry Bradshaw makes sense during the FOX pre-game show and still want to firebomb Neil O’Donnel’s house ….the defense has  been horrid (holding Jacksonville to 9 points is like me scoring a goal with one my nieces in net and celebrating like I did when I scored in the Giant Center last month (say what you want, I have a goal on AHL ice and you don’t :P )…and the Browns are an efficient but not flashy offense under Brian Hoyer (a TON of credit to him, a patchwork offense around him….no Gordon and not supposed to be given a chance with Johnny Failure waiting in the wings)….the Browns can run the ball with their three headed monster…and the Steeler offense is entirely Levon Bell, Antonio Brown and a sniff of Heath Miller….I know Ben is great in Cleveland the last 6 starts and all that….and he can still be good and lose the damn game….this game means a LOT more to the Browns and honestly they’re playing better football……

Winner: BROWNS

Game Quality:  ***

Packers at Miami:

This is a rough game to pick and choose a winner for….first look you see A-Rod/McCarthy vs Tannehill and Coach Regis and you want to lean heavy for the Packers….but then you realize the Green Bay defense is about as awful as Oakland’s and you saw what Miami did to them two weeks ago and with No-Show Moreno looking likely to come back you’d think the Miami offense has enough weapons to put points up on this Swiss Cheesehead (oh boy that’s an AWFUL pun…sorry…but I had to think it, you gotta read it…) Defense (162 yards per game allowed rushing alone…sweet Jesus and Lord of Merciful crap)…Miami’s pass D has been better, but it’s not faced a passing game like THIS yet….the numbers lean towards Miami…but it’s sooo hard to trust Miami in a spot like this, especially with the AFC East looking like you can throw four…err…three (sorry Jets) names in a hat and randomly pick the division winner….this might come down to the end of the game and the last drive….and I love A-Rod in that spot just so much more than Tannehill that it’s not even funny…..

Winner:  Packers

Game Quality:  ***

Detroit at Minnesota:

The Lions got caught napping last week by the Bills (and no Calvin-Tron)….while the Vikings got beaten and battered as miserably as Adrian Peterson’s rep has been of late (now they’re gonna get on him about a little weed….they do love tearing you down….seriously)….Teddy Bridgewater got two weeks to get healthy and learn more about the offense, but this Lions defense is playing REALLY good with that pass rush setting the tone…there’s no guarantee Teddy is 100% here and that team is probably just trying to get the hell through this year as quickly as damned possible and put all this mess behind them (it would be nice to get Patterson a bit more involved in the game though guys)….This is a simple I just like these guys better and it’s why I’m liking the Lions here….

Winner:  Lions

Denver at NY Jets:

LOL…..do I really need say much here?? The Denver offense that loves to run up the passing stats like the Pats used to under Brady and Moss….going against the Jets defense that couldn’t stop Rutgers….yeah….not much breakdown needed here….and the Jet offense is so ugly people are crying for Tebow to come back and even he as desperate as he is to be an “NFL QB” (not even in Madden buddy), he’s gotta know better than to walk into this mess….this will be ugly….this will be bloody…

Winner:  Broncos

Game Quality:  DUD

Baltimore at Tampa Bay:

The Bucs have gotten better under Mike Glennon as QB (go figure this might be the one thing Schiano EVER does right in the NFL….) he’s moved the ball well….cut down on the mistakes and he moves around just enough to survive behind that GodAwful O-line in Tampa…but Tampa can’t run the ball (O-Line issues and Doug Martin is starting to look like a one year wonder)…and maybe Steve Smith has one of those old flashback games against Tampa….shame Talib isn’t there for the ice up incident again…Tampa has improved (and please God don’t wear those awful white jerseys…those colors plus the purple haze….people like to eat during these games you know!!)….The Bucs aren’t quite there yet…they’ll win some games down the road….but not here…..

Winner:  Ravens

Game Quality:  ** ½

Jacksonville at Tennessee:

BY GODS SOMEONE MUST WIN THIS GAME!!!! Do y’all even read these games?? Or is just a small few people who come to hear me gush about sh!t show anti-football epics….will Jake Locker play?? Does it even matter…..will the Titans blow another historic lead?? Will Jacksonville players did from shock of actually getting a lead in this game?? The game is chock full of fantasy football busts (ok that MIGHT be why you care about this game….I want a beautiful disaster dammit!)…this is one of those games that the winner regrets winning when the draft clock comes around….but at least the Jaguars have their guy at QB in Bortles…how the hell did I talk so much about this mess?!?!?! Shonn Greene….Toby Geihart…LOOK AT ALL THE FAILURES HERE…we’re out of undefeated teams….time to get the Lions one game closer to sipping champagne and get this winless team off the schnide…..

Winner:  Jaguars

Game Quality:  anti-football at its FINEST!!!!

4pm:

San Diego at Oakland:

Games like this make me weep tears of joy to have Phillip Rivers on my fantasy teams J….Carr might be out for the Raiders….that offense is just horrific, and that’s being generous…the defense is full of guys who are just cashing their giant paychecks and mailed it in before training camp….and the Chargers might be the most underrated team in the league….this just has beatdown written all over it….and I’m ok with that since I’m an eternal Phillip Rivers guy!

Winner:  Chargers

Chicago at Atlanta:

Damn these two teams are an awful LOT alike aren’t they?? Well Culter as a much more severe case of turnoveritis than Ryan does…..neither one of these teams really stop ANYONE, and both have diverse offenses  (especially if Atlanta FINALLY lets Antone Smith lose and lets him make plays and stop relying on that useless Steven Jackson)….there’s gonna be a lot of points in this game…the Bears have both their wins on the road, but turnovers killed them in Carolina…and Jay Cutler is Jay Cutler….take the over here and start all your fantasy players here…..this is gonna be a high-scoring one…and just watch Devin Hester make one big play on his old team…just so Deion Sanders can get all gushy about him again….

Winner:  Falcons

Washington At Arizona:

I’m surprised the Cardinals haven’t gone to the University of Phoenix to get a QB on-line this week , Stanton is probably out this week and Carson Palmer is going to the voodoo people to try to get his nerve issues fixed….Logan Thomas?? Oi….the Redskin defense was decent last week…well aside of that pesky QB (and my early MVP candidate) running for 120 yards on them while scrambling….the Cardinals QB’s don’t have that kinda escape skill….if they didn’t they’d not be on the injury report ;) ….and I just like the healthier team….frankly the REDSKINS do deserve a break and they may get one this week….if Cousins and the Defense does what they did last week…they win this one!

Winner: REDSKINS

Game Quality: ** (hell you’re watching Dallas and Seattle and you KNOW IT :P)

Dallas at Seattle:

Seattle did what they needed to do last week….they won ugly on the road against a REDSKIN (yes I do YELL REDSKINS when I mention them now) team that was up for it and played their A game on Monday Night against the Champs….and Dallas got to practice their silent counts ….at HOME….against the Texicans and pulled out an OT win after blowing a lead in a way you’ve seen Dallas lose games during the entire Jason Garrett error in Dallas (speaking of THIS WAS NOT THE WEEK TO SAY THEY GET THE BALL TO MURRAY TOO MUCH….this is the week you need him MORE)….. Here’s a crazy then vs now stat to support the “Seattle’s D ain’t what it was” theory: 2013 first 4 games: 11.8 ppg, 300 yards/game, 13 takeaways, 11 sacks…. 2014: 20.8 ppg, 318 yards, 3 takeaways, 6 sacks…plus Seattle gets eaten alive by good TE’s …hi Jason Witten…but despite all that, Pete Carroll is a hundred times the coach that the Ginger Stepchild is….and Russell Wilson WILLED that team to win last week….no reason to think he won’t do it again….hell maybe Percy Harvin gets a TD that counts this week (some ref must have been going against him in fantasy…..3 TD’s thrown away by yellow flags…ouch!)….all Dallas needs do is have an impressive showing here especially this offense on that defense and I might be convinced that Dallas has hope this year (last week they showed a stat that teams  that start 4-1 have a 77% chance in the playoffs….I instantly renamed my teams into “the other 23%”)…just don’t be stupid dammit!!!

Winner:  Seattle (*sings won’t be fooled again* )

Game Quality:  ****

8pm:

NY Giants at Phily:

The Giants have won their last two games in Phily….that was during that horrid home losing streak the Eagles had…wasn’t it?? The Eagle defense is horrid….but it makes big plays and no Rashad Jennings does make life a little easier for the Eagles (10 takeaways and all those special teams TDs we’ve seen the last few weeks…it’s all Chip Kelly wants….he doesn’t care about defense….he just wants a big play now and then)…and the Giants aren’t exactly wonderful on defense either….all the “what’s up with McCoy talk” this week I expect an inspired game from him and (shocking) I like the Eagles weapons and play makers over the Giant ones….plus people are starting to talk and notice the Giants….this is when they have some stinkers so people can write them off and they make those infuriating runs they are so known for…all we need is a scathing article saying its time for Coughlin to retire and look out….but not this week….

Winner:  Eagles

Monday Sept 22:

49ers at Rams:

I get no ice hockey this week and I fvcking get stuck with THIS because of lame ass playoff scheduling?? CMON NFL….at least Gotham is on….I can get away from this for the hour that it will be competitive: p…the Rams are just a MESS offensively and this defense (depleted as it is) is not the one to be able to settle it down and get better (thank the Gods above that I did not have ANY part of Zac Stacey this year)….and its amazing how for a few weeks the 49ers fool themselves into thinking they still have Young or Montana and throw the ball a hundred times all over the place…and then they realize they have Black Tebow…get the ball back to Frank Gore (then man who will NOT DIE…ever)…and they get good again….amazing….this game will be a sh!t show and give ESPN PLENTY of time to fuel the “Harbaugh is Gone” fire (funny you’d think a top-end coach like that would have been extended by now…there is smoke here….)the game itself will suck miserably, well except for me and my Frank Gore man-crush!

Winner:  49ers

NFL Week 5 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Denver….hooray for stat-padding!!
  2. San Diego…..might be just as good as the Broncos, but with less annoying Papa Johns ads!
  3. Indianapolis….won 3 in a row and can pseudo-clinch the AFC South this week
  4. New England….was tempted to put Buffalo here, we’ll see after this week
  5. Cincinnati….what the HELL was I thinking???

NFC:

1. Seattle….Russell Wilson for MVP anyone?
  2. Phily…this is almost by default…..
  3. Arizona…. Held tough despite renting QBs off the street now
  4. 49ers….amazing what happens when Gore gets the ball more and Kap LESS
  5. Dallas….Its showtime boys…..

Dallas at Seattle:

Seattle did what they needed to do last week….they won ugly on the road against a REDSKIN (yes I do YELL REDSKINS when I mention them now) team that was up for it and played their A game on Monday Night against the Champs….and Dallas got to practice their silent counts ….at HOME….against the Texicans and pulled out an OT win after blowing a lead in a way you’ve seen Dallas lose games during the entire Jason Garrett error in Dallas (speaking of THIS WAS NOT THE WEEK TO SAY THEY GET THE BALL TO MURRAY TOO MUCH….this is the week you need him MORE)….. Here’s a crazy then vs now stat to support the “Seattle’s D ain’t what it was” theory: 2013 first 4 games: 11.8 ppg, 300 yards/game, 13 takeaways, 11 sacks…. 2014: 20.8 ppg, 318 yards, 3 takeaways, 6 sacks…plus Seattle gets eaten alive by good TE’s …hi Jason Witten…but despite all that, Pete Carroll is a hundred times the coach that the Ginger Stepchild is….and Russell Wilson WILLED that team to win last week….no reason to think he won’t do it again….hell maybe Percy Harvin gets a TD that counts this week (some ref must have been going against him in fantasy…..3 TD’s thrown away by yellow flags…ouch!)….all Dallas needs do is have an impressive showing here especially this offense on that defense and I might be convinced that Dallas has hope this year (last week they showed a stat that teams  that start 4-1 have a 77% chance in the playoffs….I instantly renamed my teams into “the other 23%”)…just don’t be stupid dammit!!!

Winner:  Seattle (*sings won’t be fooled again* )

Game Quality:  ****

Hah I was wondering what the 23% was about.  I'd still put more money on you making the playoffs then the Cowboys, but I'm loving the DeMarco Murray show this year :lol:  Murray could be an MVP candidate in his own right too if he manages to finish the season in one piece, but Russel Wilson doing what he did on MNF definitely put him on the radar atm.  Of course Luck's putting up huge numbers but he hasn't had the OMG moment against a good team yet cause their schedule's been loaded with cupcakes.

Your D does seem to be playing with a kind of chip on its shoulder this year from all the talk about how they might be the worst D of all time in the preseason.  Or maybe just a looseness cause nobody expected **** from them :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hah I was wondering what the 23% was about.  I'd still put more money on you making the playoffs then the Cowboys, but I'm loving the DeMarco Murray show this year :lol:  Murray could be an MVP candidate in his own right too if he manages to finish the season in one piece, but Russel Wilson doing what he did on MNF definitely put him on the radar atm.  Of course Luck's putting up huge numbers but he hasn't had the OMG moment against a good team yet cause their schedule's been loaded with cupcakes.

Your D does seem to be playing with a kind of chip on its shoulder this year from all the talk about how they might be the worst D of all time in the preseason.  Or maybe just a looseness cause nobody expected **** from them :P

It was an instantaneous reaction to it.....I think it's my new mantra this year #TheOther23% !!!

It couldn't get any worse :P....and people have been way overrating Ware for five years now....why not overrate him leaving?? There is something to be said about young and hungry and the amazing job Maronelli is doing with that defense too....I'm too scared to give him credit though :P

*sigh* Houston is trying REALLY jard to not make this a game tonight.....

It was an instantaneous reaction to it.....I think it's my new mantra this year #TheOther23% !!!

It couldn't get any worse :P....and people have been way overrating Ware for five years now....why not overrate him leaving?? There is something to be said about young and hungry and the amazing job Maronelli is doing with that defense too....I'm too scared to give him credit though :P

*sigh* Houston is trying REALLY jard to not make this a game tonight.....

Now we've got a game. Can't believe it's this close

And JJ Watt is staking HIS case for MVP again (Foster or no Foster).

The NFL would fold beforre in this era it allowed a Defensive Player for MVP.....stop that nonsense now....it will NEVER happen.....

And there's the Ryan INTpatrick I know and love :lol:

Yeah it took AP getting 2000 yards or LT2 and Alexander breaking TD records for non QB's to get MVP's in the last decade :P

Hard to believe no WR's ever won it either...they gave MVP to freaking Mark Moseley in '82 and LT in '86 but it's usually a QB/RB award.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I am not going to overstate this by saying this:

Sunday 10/12/14 is the biggest game for the Buffalo Bills since 1999.

Let's count the ways:

1. New owners Terry and Kim Pegula officially will be introduced to the crowd as the new owners.

2. New England is in town, the consensus target for any team in the AFC East.

3. Both teams are 3-2 so this will break the tie.

4. Did I mention NE was in town?

How can the Bills pull off the W?

1. This defense has been built similar to how the NY Giants were. Mario Williams, Kyle WIlliams, Jerry Hughes, and Marcell Dareus have to get the pressure on the QB they have been when only rushing 4. This is key to slowing down NE because you are able to drop guys into coverage. And since Tom does not throw a good deep ball, especially now at his age, this has to happen.

2. Buffalo must run for 125+. Control the clock, running the ball, keeping the Pats* off the field and wear them down.

3. The LB corp for Buffalo MUST be able to at least contain Gronk, especially in the red zone. He is a load to deal with and the Bills linebackers have some issues here, so this has me concerned.

I'll be ready by 9am PST for this game. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Same ol' AFC East...for the moment, anyway.  Dolphins start their season with a terrific win against the Pats, then lose three of four, including two home games.  Bills start off 2-0, then lose three of four. 

Looks like Jerod Mayo and Stevan Ridley are done for the year with knee injuries, and even with the Pats scoring points again (43 and 37 over the past two weeks), it still doesn't feel like they're back to being the Pats just yet.  NE can kill the Jets with a win on Thursday.  Jets D did what it could against Denver, but Geno & Co. just couldn't do enough with their possessions when the Broncos got held to all of those 3-and-outs early on. 

The guess here is the Jets are going to be hanging around on Thursday, much like they did today.  If the Jets are trailing by eight or less with the game on the line late, I'll be nervous. 

Dallas is for real!!! Wow!

Let's see them stop Seattle at home.  Lots of time left.  But if they do that, they're off to a hell of a start.

And so much for the "12th Man"...Cowboy fans are making their presence felt in the Seahawks' building.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Let's see them stop Seattle at home.  Lots of time left.  But if they do that, they're off to a hell of a start.

And so much for the "12th Man"...Cowboy fans are making their presence felt in the Seahawks' building.

Really they should have dominated the game :blink:  They gave up one TD on special teams, set up another with a muffed punt and coughed up and another three points on miscommunication from Romo and the center.  And STILL are about to win in Seattle.

....I'm still processing this :P

but did we just just see Tony Rom slay the demon in the place it began all those many years ago!?!?!?!

I DID just see that right???