GDT: New Jersey Devils VS Florida Panthers Game#2 10/11/14

2ELIAS6

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know FLA stepped it up a bit about half way through the game and it seemed like the Devs had a bit of a hard time adjusting to that.

This is what happens when you are up 4 goals.  Teams up by 4 get outshot very significantly - NJ really wasn't outshot that bad especially when you consider that NJ was constantly killing penalties.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers announced attendance: 11,419. Lowest in franchise history for a home opener (12,087 for Calgary, 1995-96 at Miami Arena)

Pretty sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll disagree.. The Florida Panthers have won 4 playoff games since advancing to the Cup Finals in 1996. 0 series wins since then in just two playoff appearances. The fact that they got 1000 fans there let alone 11,000 is incredible to me. Why pay money to constantly be disappointed?

Devils fans talking any team's attendance numbers is weak.

We can't be allowing 10 penalties in a game and expect to come out a winner every time. The first game we had 5 penalties. I the second game the 4th line had 50% of the penalties. We need to play a much tighter game. I have seen enough to say at this point Larsson is going to ride he bench at least two more games. I also have seen enough to send Tootoo to Albany and sign Gomez then replace Gionta and Ruutu with JJ and Brunner they can't be worse than Ruutu and Gionta. We just need to find a PK replacement for Gionta, we have one.

I'll disagree.. The Florida Panthers have won 4 playoff games since advancing to the Cup Finals in 1996. 0 series wins since then in just two playoff appearances. The fact that they got 1000 fans there let alone 11,000 is incredible to me. Why pay money to constantly be disappointed?

Devils fans talking any team's attendance numbers is weak.

First. the Devils attendance for an opening night game has never been that awful.

Second, I'm not "dissing" them. It was actually something of a story that they had to tarp up seats. If you watched the game, the place seemed especially dead.

Buddy, it was something that came up on my Twitter feed, and I posted it. You really need to chillax occasionally.

First. the Devils attendance for an opening night game has never been that awful.

Second, I'm not "dissing" them. It was actually something of a story that they had to tarp up seats. If you watched the game, the place seemed especially dead.

Buddy, it was something that came up on my Twitter feed, and I posted it. You really need to chillax occasionally.

Sorry if the posts come out that way, since I am never in a mood that I need to chill. Probably need to word things better.

I do feel the need to stick up for fans of losing teams that get poor attendance. Opening night or not, you lose interest in spending money to see a team you like most nights fail. You lose interest all together when they are other sports options available. When you do go to a game, it feels like a road one.

Think of how many years they've been bad, and not once did they draft a star or a marketable young player, either.

I'll always feel bad for teams like this because of the Vancouver Grizzlies. A city that had its team yanked away due to being incompetently run after 6 seasons that saw them win 15, 14, 19, 8, 22 and 23 wins. They didn't fail the NBA. The NBA failed them. To add insult to injury, their GM was hired to work for the league right after.

We can't be allowing 10 penalties in a game and expect to come out a winner every time. The first game we had 5 penalties. I the second game the 4th line had 50% of the penalties. We need to play a much tighter game. I have seen enough to say at this point Larsson is going to ride he bench at least two more games. I also have seen enough to send Tootoo to Albany and sign Gomez then replace Gionta and Ruutu with JJ and Brunner they can't be worse than Ruutu and Gionta. We just need to find a PK replacement for Gionta, we have one.

I dont understand why you think Ruutu is a bad player. Hes a perfect bottom six winger.

I half tuned out midway through the second but I think a lot of the penalties were Ricky tack and fluky. That's what happens when the game is a blowout and the refs try to keep it interesting. A team up by 3 or more will always be called tighter.

That being said I agree we need to stay out of the box, especially the 4th line.

I dont understand why you think Ruutu is a bad player. Hes a perfect bottom six winger.[/quote

Ruutu was missing in action in game one and he touched Gelinas ' shot in second game for a score and he had 4 penalty minutes in game 2. So what is a perfect bottom six winger ?

Edited by BostonNala370

Sorry if the posts come out that way, since I am never in a mood that I need to chill. Probably need to word things better.

I do feel the need to stick up for fans of losing teams that get poor attendance. Opening night or not, you lose interest in spending money to see a team you like most nights fail. You lose interest all together when they are other sports options available. When you do go to a game, it feels like a road one.

Think of how many years they've been bad, and not once did they draft a star or a marketable young player, either.

I'll always feel bad for teams like this because of the Vancouver Grizzlies. A city that had its team yanked away due to being incompetently run after 6 seasons that saw them win 15, 14, 19, 8, 22 and 23 wins. They didn't fail the NBA. The NBA failed them. To add insult to injury, their GM was hired to work for the league right after.

It's a market that sports teams not providing a good product are going to struggle. I started yesterday watching the Miami Hurricanes game and they were lucky if there were 15k in the stands. Also, The last time I was down there we got lower level 1st base tickets for the Marlins game for $.80 in the first year of their new stadium. IMO, Hockey can be successful anywhere if it's run like Dallas, Nashville or San Jose.

He had four penalty minutes, so send him him down? That's goin to happen, every night, to every team. It's a bad argument to send him down.

I dont understand why you think Ruutu is a bad player. Hes a perfect bottom six winger.[/quote

Ruutu was missing in action in game one and he touched Gelinas ' shot in second game for a score and he had 4 penalty minutes in game 2. So what is a perfect bottom six winger ?

Edited by CarterforPresident

He had four penalty minutes, so send him him down? That's goin to happen, every night, to every team. It's a bad argument to send him down.

I think I gave more reasons than 4 penalty minutes to bench a $5 M wing after two games. If you want to argue that Gionta doesn't set him up I can buy that if you agree to bench Gionta and send down Tootoo.

Rutuu is going no where with his contract. And it's two games, for a bottom six forward he is exactly what you'll want over the course of the season.

I think I gave more reasons than 4 penalty minutes to bench a $5 M wing after two games. If you want to argue that Gionta doesn't set him up I can buy that if you agree to bench Gionta and send down Tootoo.

I think after two games (both of which were victories) it's a little impatient and ridiculous to be talking about benching anyone.

I think after two games (both of which were victories) it's a little impatient and ridiculous to be talking about benching anyone.

That's what good sports team do fix weakness while winning to keep the streak going. We have better players for the 4th line not playing along with a better center waiting to be signed. You have to study why your winning and against what quality of team you're playing.. example do you think giving up 10 PP against Tamp Bay or NYR we would have won 5-1? Florida realized they could draw PP from the 4th line, they got 5 from the 4th line and 5 from the other 3 lines. They got 2 from the 4th line in the first period, 3 in the 2nd period from the 4th line and Florida couldn't capitalize on the PP a major break for us.

Edited by BostonNala370

There is close to NO MARGIN that JJ and Gomez are better then our current fourth liners, that is just ridiculous.

That's what good sports team do fix weakness while winning to keep the streak going. We have better players for the 4th line not playing along with a better center waiting to be signed. You have to study why your winning and against what quality of team you're playing.. example do you think giving up 10 PP against Tamp Bay or NYR we would have won 5-1? Florida realized they could draw PP from the 4th line, they got 5 from the 4th line and 5 from the other 3 lines. They got 2 from the 4th line in the first period, 3 in the 2nd period from the 4th line and Florida couldn't capitalize on the PP a major break for us.

There is close to NO MARGIN that JJ and Gomez are better then our current fourth liners, that is just ridiculous.

OK we disagree.

JJ is better offensively than Gionta. Gomez is offensively better than Gionta. JJ offensively better than Tootoo. Gomez is better offensively than Tootoo. Brunner is better offensively than Gionta and Tootoo. Ruutu is better offensively than Gionta and Tootoo.

But you stick with Ruutu, Gionta and Tootoo.

Good luck with that!

I want to eliminate the Waste Line early on.

Gomez is close to nothing at all. He's waiting for a contract, cause no one else wants him. Good thing you're not the coach..

Tootoo was NOT brought in for offense so that point is irrelevant.

JJ hasn't earned his spot over anyone.

OK we disagree.

JJ is better offensively than Gionta. Gomez is offensively better than Gionta. JJ offensively better than Tootoo. Gomez is better offensively than Tootoo. Brunner is better offensively than Gionta and Tootoo. Ruutu is better offensively than Gionta and Tootoo.

Good luck with that!

Edited by CarterforPresident

OK we disagree.

Good luck with that!

Do you even know who Ruutu is? Hes no goon or filler. He is a solid NHL winger and superior to Gomez and Josefson. Give him more decent linemates and he will produce.