GDT: New Jersey Devils VS Florida Panthers Game#2 10/11/14

2ELIAS6

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gomez is close to nothing at all. He's waiting for a contract, cause no one else wants him. Good thing you're not the coach..

Tootoo was NOT brought in for offense so that point is irrelevant.

JJ hasn't earned his spot over anyone.

DeBoer and Lou want Gomez, they are the ones that asked he stay around. Are you smarter than them? Did you know that? So how do you justify your smarts over Lou and DeBoer? Was Tootoo brought in to take stupid penalties? What was Tootoo brought in for and has he delivered? Hello I can work with you If you make sense!

Tootoo was brought in to be an enforcer are you serious?

DeBoer and Lou want Gomez, they are the ones that asked he stay around. Are you smarter than them? Did you know that? So how do you justify your smarts over Lou and DeBoer? Was Tootoo brought in to take stupid penalties? What was Tootoo brought in for and has he delivered? Hello I can work with you If you make sense!

TIL 11 goals in 2 games still has people say "we need offense"

You were there right behind the cameraman and you saw the first 4 Goals do you said.Gelinas, Havlet, Camm, Severson, & Crowe so which one did you miss? OH Ruutus goal or Close my point being you were there behind the cameraman watching the 4th line take 5 penalties in the first two periods. You have been around enough to know you can never score enough goals. Had Florida scored on those PP right before your eyes you wouldn't be making this argument. Glad you enjoyed the game.

POS? Isn't that a bit much? And it's two games. Chill out

Why do you defend Tootoo and Gionta is it because you don't like JJ and Gomez? Or is it you think Ruutu is the best 4th line player? Maybe you love DeBoer's personal selections? I may have been early calling Tootoo a POS. I have seen him play before and he won't play during the playoffs.

Why do you defend Tootoo and Gionta is it because you don't like JJ and Gomez? Or is it you think Ruutu is the best 4th line player? Maybe you love DeBoer's personal selections? I may have been early calling Tootoo a POS. I have seen him play before and he won't play during the playoffs.

I'm definitely giving Ruutu a pass for taking a couple penalties. He put up 8 points in 19 games for us last year, which isn't great, but is quality production for a bottom 6 guy. If he can continue putting up points around the same rate as that, I'll be happy.

I do agree that I'd like to see him get a shot with better linemates. If that line continues to look as bad as they have, I'd like to see JJ replace Gionta and either Brunner or even Bernier slot in for Tootoo.

I'm not sure how Brunner will fare on the 4th line, so if Zubrus starts slowing down, maybe you put Brunner with Patty and Havlat and move Zubrus down with Ruutu and JJ. I think that would be a really good 4th line.

Ruutu-JJ-Zubrus

I'm definitely giving Ruutu a pass for taking a couple penalties. He put up 8 points in 19 games for us last year, which isn't great, but is quality production for a bottom 6 guy. If he can continue putting up points around the same rate as that, I'll be happy.

I do agree that I'd like to see him get a shot with better linemates. If that line continues to look as bad as they have, I'd like to see JJ replace Gionta and either Brunner or even Bernier slot in for Tootoo.

I'm not sure how Brunner will fare on the 4th line, so if Zubrus starts slowing down, maybe you put Brunner with Patty and Havlat and move Zubrus down with Ruutu and JJ. I think that would be a really good 4th line.

Ruutu-JJ-Zubrus

That Havlat-Zubrus-Elias line is clicking right now. I don't think it would be a good idea to break it up.

That Havlat-Zubrus-Elias line is clicking right now. I don't think it would be a good idea to break it up.

Right, I'd only be in favor of it if Zubrus starts looking like he did last year rather than how he's looked the past two games.

It's clear that Elias and Havlat really play well together, similar to how Elias clicked with Sykora, so I think that the other winger on that line could be rotated without affecting the line that much.

Edited by ATLL765

Rutuu is the ideal 4th liner. Gomez and JJ aren't bringing much in terms of improvement. Only Brunner, he has amazing skills but lacks a finish. Even with it he can be a great 3-4 liner and put in 10-15 goals. And Tootoo isn't hete to score, and calling the dude a POS, is unwarranted! Immature and idiotic.

That's what good sports team do fix weakness while winning to keep the streak going. We have better players for the 4th line not playing along with a better center waiting to be signed. You have to study why your winning and against what quality of team you're playing.. example do you think giving up 10 PP against Tamp Bay or NYR we would have won 5-1? Florida realized they could draw PP from the 4th line, they got 5 from the 4th line and 5 from the other 3 lines. They got 2 from the 4th line in the first period, 3 in the 2nd period from the 4th line and Florida couldn't capitalize on the PP a major break for us.

Good teams make adjustments when they need to. Good coaches don't over react or start changing too many things when a team is winning. They also know that 2 games is not a huge sample, and that as long as a team is winning, it's ok to give the 4th line a little more time to get it going. When these mistakes cost us a game, then maybe it's time to make a move.

I definitely would like to see them experiment with the lines a bit more. Maybe if Zubrus begins to drag that line down significantly, they can put Clowe in his spot, and then move Brunner to the Henrique line.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr

Havlat-Elias-Clowe

Brunner-Henrique-Ryder

Ruutu-Zubrus-Tootoo

Is the Jagr line untouchable?

one of the managers at work (flyers fan who hasn't been in the office since the flyers-devils game) comes up to me and just says "dude the devils suck."

just in disbelief at this point. not only is it two games in so we shouldn't be judging who sucks and who doesn't, but cmon they beat your team and dominated the only other game we have played.

no logic with this breed

that or he is just one of those "fans" that doesnt really know anything about what the hell he is talking about. Although i would like to beleive that we are going to be a good solid team this year.. as you said 2 games really isnt enough to be able to say that for ourselves.. we beat the flyers by 1 real goal..and the panthers are just trash..

This thread makes clear that a lot of people on this board really know nothing about hockey and come here just to hear themselves speak.

agreed, generally I'd want to encourage more participation from newer/less frequent posters but I don't want the quality of the content to suffer for it.

Alot of complaints, I think they played great against the panthers.

This is a team we have struggled with the past few years. They have alot of young fast guys and that has given us trouble.

But with all the young blood on d, we dealt with it pretty well.

If there is one thing to critique, it's that Gionta has to stop being on the pk. That unit struggles so much when he's out there.

He seems to have good positioning, I just think he's a little to small and has terrible reach. I'm constantly noticing that unit get stuck out there for 30-40+ seconds

Edited by Sneax