GDT: Game 3- Devils @ Lightning - 7:30 PM ET

dmann422

DEVILS @ LIGHTNING - 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG Plus, SUN

Radio: WFAN

Breakdown:

Well we’re two games in and so far, so good. At least that’s the easy way of putting it. Of course there’s always room for improvement (4th line anyone?). And tonight is game 3, which pits our New Jersey Devils against long-time heated rival Lightning. Yes, this storied franchise welcomes the Devils into the Tampa Bay Times For… err… Amelie Arena- I guess what with newspapers dying and all, motor oil companies are where the money’s at!

Matthew+Corrente+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+N

Anyway, as I was saying, The Lightning are coming pumped up after a 7-1 shellacking of their heated division rival Canadiens (alright SD!). Hopefully they've gotten all those goals out of their system and are ready to be promptly shut out.

85794658_slide.jpg

As this is the second of a back to back for the Bolts, it’s possible that it'll be our old friend Evgeni Nabokov in net. The 39 year old is now the oldest active netminder in the league… That is until the inevitable Brodeur midseason comeback. By the way- our backup is the 2nd oldest. If not Nabokov, It's vezina hopeful Ben Bishop. Either way it can't be good for the Devils, we suck against backups and Bishop has been pretty good so far.

Radko+Gudas+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+New+Je

In front of them is a fairly talented lineup, especially that forward group. Tampa tied for 10th in goals last year-

Palat-Stamkos-Callahan

Killorn-Filppula-Johnson

Kucherov-Namestnikov-Brown

Morrow-Boyle-Connolly

Hedman-Stralman

Garrison-Gudas

Carle-Brewer

The Devils head to Tampa flying high on their 11 goals in 2 games. And all 11 of those goals came against those defensive juggernauts that are the Florida MacDavi…I mean Panthers and Philadelphia Flyers. So no doubt we’re going to get a bit of a tougher test tonight against the Cup hopeful Lightning.

Jaromir+Jagr+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+New+J

To face that tougher completion, our beloved coach has stuck to his guns and kept the lineup in-tact, and despite what some perpetual naysayers cry, it’s hard to argue against such a daring strategy. I’m sure we’d all love to see Sal/Tootoo/Gio sitting in the press box eating pretzeldogs or whatever the heck they eat in Tampa, but when you’re winning you stick with what you got. And what we got is:

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr

Zubrus-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder

Ruutu-Gionta-Tootoo

Greene-Severson

Gelinas-Merrill

Salvador-Zidlicky

s081105_hockey.jpg

Hopefully we can keep the good times rolling and send some of these Bolts fan’s home thinking of visiting the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. LGD!

Edited by dmann422

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Orlando so this is a black out game for me (Game Center). Too early in the season to miss a game though so Wiziwig it is.

I belive NHL gamecenter no longer blackouts local games. I could be wrong on this, but I think I saw it on one of the app "highlights" and so far I have been getting Caps games in DC.

LETS GO DEVILS!!

I belive NHL gamecenter no longer blackouts local games. I could be wrong on this, but I think I saw it on one of the app "highlights" and so far I have been getting Caps games in DC.

LETS GO DEVILS!!

Hopefully that's true. I'll check tonight. I tried to watch one of the Islanders games the other day and it was blacked out but it could have been on NHL Network or NBC Sports, which I'm not sure if they still black out or not.

this is gonna be a tough one.  TB dropped 7 on a good Montreal team last night.

just play our game.

LGD!

MTL didnt play good last night at all though it was a real mess and the Emelin injury and lack of depth on the D really showed last night and their wins so far were all really sloppy.

The lightning though looked fvcking awesome, Hedman has become really dominant after quietly starting his career (if anything we can somehow hope Larsson turns the same way for us).

And Stamkos is a fvcking beast. Unreal. He could have got more than 3 goals last night easy, but tried to setup other guys late in the gam while he could have score easily

It's definitely gonna be a challenge for the guys tnight!

Edited by SterioDesign

LETS GO DEVILS!!

this wasn't true for me. i was not able to get the devils-flyers game because i live in philly.  it said it was blacked out.