GDT: Game 3- Devils @ Lightning - 7:30 PM ET

dmann422

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Transitional game has been phenomenal thus far. Credit DeBoer for going with the young D - actually, the whole unit has been terrific.

The go ahead goal had awesome movement on the powerplay, which came after a powerplay where they had nothing going.

Tootoo looks bad. Gionta and Rooter look competent at least. Havlat looks like a bargain, Cammalleri looks better than we all could've hoped for so far.

Ryder had a serious WTF turnover.

Have to be pleased with the results.

I think NJ was getting outshot something like 8-0 in the first ten minutes and Schneider made a few fantastic saves to keep it scoreless. This game becomes 1 or 2-0 TB if Marty is in net. This is the type of game we lose in regulation or a shootout if we still had #30. Really nice to have elite goaltending again. It's been 5 years.

-Severson was an animal. 11 dzone starts compared to 1 ozone and ended up at +12 fenwick facing a lot of Tampa's top guys. TG was saying how Scotty Bowman was raving about him. Pretty cool

-Havlat and Elias continue to be a joy to watch. Their chemisty is otherworldly. NJ really needs Havlat to stay mostly healthy as he's a really important cog

-Cammalleri, what else is there to say? Guy adds speed, is a hound on the puck and is the goalscorer we've missed the last couple of seasons. Love how he shoots from everywhere and all angles

-4th line is crap. Tootoo had a horrid icing late in the 3rd where all he had to was skate like four more feet to center ice. Wouldn't mind him sitting in the press box

Elias and Havlat sure made good use of their limited PP time. Please more of them and less of Ryder and Henrique.

Tootoo has been terrible. If you aren't going to go with Josefson next game, you are just being stubborn to the idea of a line that isn't really doing what you hoped for.

Cory Schneider. Really good.

A lot of breaks going the Devils' way right now, but I'll take 'em.

So great to see Cory just take the job and run with it, especially since the guy couldn't seem to catch a break early on last season (1-5-3, with the Devils getting shut out four times and held to one goal twice in 6 out of those 8 games). 

All small samples, can't make too much out of any of this so far, but I happily would've signed up for four or five points out of eight in a season-starting four-game trip, so suffice it to say I'm thrilled with the results.  And the Flyers and Rangers starting slowly is nice too, but they both started the same way last season and righted themselves, so I can't get too excited about them sucking.

I think NJ was getting outshot something like 8-0 in the first ten minutes and Schneider made a few fantastic saves to keep it scoreless. This game becomes 1 or 2-0 TB if Marty is in net. This is the type of game we lose in regulation or a shootout if we still had #30. Really nice to have elite goaltending again. It's been 5 years.

Meh, you don't really know that, but that was becoming the problem with Marty, especially the last couple of seasons...you didn't really know what you were going to get.  Marty could've played just as well as Schneider last night...then been awful in the next game or next few games.  It's just nice to have a goalie who's firmly in his prime who should be a consistently good-to-great puckstopper for at least the next 4-5 years.

Elias and Havlat sure made good use of their limited PP time. Please more of them and less of Ryder and Henrique.

Tootoo has been terrible. If you aren't going to go with Josefson next game, you are just being stubborn to the idea of a line that isn't really doing what you hoped for.

Cory Schneider. Really good.

Or stubborn to the belief you don't change a winning lineup.  They're 3-0 and playing extremely well, why would Pete change the lineup?  Even if's a perceived deck shuffling on the fourth line.

All I can say is amazing win

Cammy is turning out to be one of Lou's best signings of the past decade?  (Jagr as well for last season alone, singlehandedly made games worth watching)

I know it is early, but I like this team...A LOT

Schneider getting the bulk of the starts this year, combined with the youth infusion.....we are going to make some noise kids!

It's hard not to like this team. All 3 lines are unique and have something different to offer. And then the youth on defense and Schneider in his prime. It's hard not to believe in this team, I hope they can keep it up and be consistent. I think only potential injuries will continue to be the black cloud over this team, otherwise on paper, we can beat anyone.

Edited by DJ Eco

Meh, you don't really know that, but that was becoming the problem with Marty, especially the last couple of seasons...you didn't really know what you were going to get.  Marty could've played just as well as Schneider last night...then been awful in the next game or next few games.  It's just nice to have a goalie who's firmly in his prime who should be a consistently good-to-great puckstopper for at least the next 4-5 years.

I guess it's impossible to say with complete certainty, but if this was a Marty game last year, you're waiting for that backbreaking goal. The problem with Marty is that he let in the tough ones along with floating point shots from the point. You also can't tell me with a straight face that Marty gets to the wrap around chance that Ruutu and Cory stopped. I shouldn't sh!t on Brodeur, but I suppose I'm just giddy over having consistency in nets again