Sign in to follow this  
dmann422

GDT: Game 3- Devils @ Lightning - 7:30 PM ET

just skimmed out of that one alive.. glad to have gotten the 2 points there after that first period i didnt think we were going to look very good

He screwed up on Tampa's goal, but i also have to give Salvador credit on that good play out in front

I wasn't a fan of the turnovers, but I thought the effort was good.  Some kinks need to get worked out though.  Schneider was a beast tonight!

we only won that game because of schneider.. cammy has been an animal for us so far, really cant ask for much more in him then what he has brought to the table already..really hope he can stay healthy all season would love to see how many goals/points he will be able to put up

First in the league standing baby !!!!!!

Edited by Devilzibook

i think thursday we should be able to make this a 4 game road winning streak.. caps arent that strong, tampa is a better team

i think thursday we should be able to make this a 4 game road winning streak.. caps arent that strong, tampa is a better team

careful; they just took SJ to a shootout

careful; they just took SJ to a shootout

yea i just saw that, wasnt meaning to sound cocky or underestimate.. just think we could confidently win another game against them to seal the whole season opening road trip.. well see what happens!

Points.

We need 'em.

Points. 

We got 'em !

Excellent start to the season & good job of surviving that first 10 minutes tonight and then for coming back after letting up the equalizer

2 points is 2 points. Strong start to the season. Especially on the road. Zajac had a great game today. Aside from the goal, he won some big face offs and also played well clearing the zone.

Schneider. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transitional game has been phenomenal thus far. Credit DeBoer for going with the young D - actually, the whole unit has been terrific.

The go ahead goal had awesome movement on the powerplay, which came after a powerplay where they had nothing going.

Tootoo looks bad. Gionta and Rooter look competent at least. Havlat looks like a bargain, Cammalleri looks better than we all could've hoped for so far.

Ryder had a serious WTF turnover.

Have to be pleased with the results.

Well the Devils supplied the offense the first two games, it was time for a goaltending clinic by Schneider to remind us why it is we're confident in goal again for the first time in a couple of years.

I think NJ was getting outshot something like 8-0 in the first ten minutes and Schneider made a few fantastic saves to keep it scoreless. This game becomes 1 or 2-0 TB if Marty is in net. This is the type of game we lose in regulation or a shootout if we still had #30. Really nice to have elite goaltending again. It's been 5 years.

-Severson was an animal. 11 dzone starts compared to 1 ozone and ended up at +12 fenwick facing a lot of Tampa's top guys. TG was saying how Scotty Bowman was raving about him. Pretty cool

-Havlat and Elias continue to be a joy to watch. Their chemisty is otherworldly. NJ really needs Havlat to stay mostly healthy as he's a really important cog

-Cammalleri, what else is there to say? Guy adds speed, is a hound on the puck and is the goalscorer we've missed the last couple of seasons. Love how he shoots from everywhere and all angles

-4th line is crap. Tootoo had a horrid icing late in the 3rd where all he had to was skate like four more feet to center ice. Wouldn't mind him sitting in the press box

Elias and Havlat sure made good use of their limited PP time. Please more of them and less of Ryder and Henrique.

Tootoo has been terrible. If you aren't going to go with Josefson next game, you are just being stubborn to the idea of a line that isn't really doing what you hoped for.

Cory Schneider. Really good.