Chicago's 3D Projection System Video

msweet

Since the owners invested in this I hope they aren't gonna trot out the same intro every game. They should tailor it to the opponents or at the very least the ones verse the more traditional rivals. I appreciate them sinking the money into gameday presentation, but at the same time I hope it doesn't become old hat too fast.

i thought we were supposed to be the only ones besides like montreal that had this..now everyone has it?..as long as the rangers dont i guess i dont care, i want their fans to feel like theyre missing out on something we have lol

The Rangers don't have it. We would have known. They would have done a 2 hour special on MSG with Al Trautwig telling us no one has ever seen this kind of technology before while they played 1994 highlights on the ice.

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

i thought we were supposed to be the only ones besides like montreal that had this..now everyone has it?..as long as the rangers dont i guess i dont care, i want their fans to feel like theyre missing out on something we have lol

they already stole that glass corridor the players come out through from the Dallas Cowboys... doesn't it come out through some bar/VIP area where fans can see them come out?

Anyway, can't wait to see this from Section 2 on Saturday

Tampa's projection system from last season's playoffs:

Minnestoa Wild, last season:

:dance: banana for scale

Edited by Legion15

I think the other teams that use it (except Montreal) rent it. My guess is Chicago (and others) rented them for their home openers. But our new owners paid more than a million to actually own one, so they'll be using it during intermissions, intros, etc., throughout the course of the season, which can be pretty damn cool I think.

Edited by DJ Eco

Once again, ours is different then all of these. Quince imaging 3d technology is much more high tech. Lets see how it looks Saturday.

I think you are correct.  The Chicago, TB, and Minny systems seem to be a projection onto the ice.  While they are cool (and similar to what was used at the Rock during the 2012 SCF), it really didn't project any images in 3D onto the ice.  Our new system is supposed to trick the viewers eyes into thinking they are watching a 3D image, and it is exactly the same as what Montreal used in 1 of their playoff games last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7DNau3UBqQ

Im just flabbergasted that Tampa actually has a giant Tesla coil... thats so badass

I think you are correct.  The Chicago, TB, and Minny systems seem to be a projection onto the ice.  While they are cool (and similar to what was used at the Rock during the 2012 SCF), it really didn't project any images in 3D onto the ice.  Our new system is supposed to trick the viewers eyes into thinking they are watching a 3D image, and it is exactly the same as what Montreal used in 1 of their playoff games last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7DNau3UBqQ

well it really all depends on what side of the stadium youre sitting on

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

agree that our tron is a bit small, but dont call it dated. the arena opened in 2008

yea technology can change a ton in that time.. look at some of the others around the league that are high def like tampas or even the one at msg is real nice now... ours is indeed a bit dated at this point. management said it was on the list but not at the top..maybe next year since we got the projection system this season

The pic in that article looks lower than the other one I saw, and not as 3d looking. So the cheap(er) seats might have a better view. Who says they don't care about the little guy?

The Prudential Center will have new merchandise

options, including a “jersey carousel” — think of your

local dry cleaner just filled with Devils jerseys. Fans can

find any Devil or personalize a shirt.

What exactly does this mean? Sounds like every jersey or shirt you could want, ready to go.

Twelve varieties

of craft beer, as well as a signature brew specifically

made for the Prudential Center, will be available.

Sounds good. Will definitely get some.

And I will actually be going in early to get some pork roll and a beer and walk around to check everything out. Then get another beer and be in my seat for the pre game video.