GDT: Devils vs Sharks (10/18) Home Opener

Zubie#8

Deboer was a goat in this game. Lineup combos were lethargic the whole game. The goalie pull was a dud. Also he continues to give Gionta and Salvador too much ice time when they are clearly two of the worst on the team.

Disappointing result but they still almost managed to salvage a point, gotta give Niemi a lot of credit. I bet we see Larsson in for Gelinas now.

Thought the Devils played pretty well. The Sharks are a really really good team -- easily could have been Cup champions last year. Just a few bonehead plays, some bad offensive zone penalties, and the Sharks PP is awesome.

Even though Camm was getting his points in the first few games, not sure him and Jagr were clicking or that their games complement each other. Sadly, it might mean more Danius Zubrus on the 1st line, but I think Camm works better with Elias and Havlat.

Brunner was pretty good. Just not sure where his spot in the lineup is as long as Pete wants to stick with that pretty useless 4th line.

As I am sure many are saying, time for the Larsson/Gelinas switch.

Haha, Pete dodged the question in the press conference asking why Sal didn't play much in the 3rd. Hopefully this is the awakening, but I doubt it.

Wait, someone asked why Sal didn't play much in the 3rd? I don't know...maybe because the team was down 3-0. Pete shouldn't answer a dumb question like that.

Pete needs to quit being a f$ckhead, p%ssy motherf&cker and strip the C and bench Sal. I don't know what's up with his fear to do this. McLellan did this to Joe Thornton(who actually is good) and the team didn't up and quit. Guy just makes the wrong decision every single time.

We also need someone that can play D. We've got 3 guys that have great shots from the top, but no one can defend for sh!t.

Coming from one of the main supporters of the childish chant here.

There are people who liked that chant and those that did not. But you're the only one who insults our fan base with childish name calling. YS aside, are you ever not whining and complaining about the devils' fanbase and organization for some unimportant issue like not having vintage '89 jerseys or lack of craft beers? Keep whining...or better yet go follow another team.

There are people who liked that chant and those that did not. But you're the only one who insults our fan base with childish name calling. YS aside, are you ever not whining and complaining about the devils' fanbase and organization for some unimportant issue like not having vintage '89 jerseys or lack of craft beers? Keep whining...or better yet go follow another team.

lol love the unimportant jab at me. I guess you bitching about the new smoking policy was extremely important then?

My posts really seem to hit a nerve with you. I guess maybe I paint too accurate of a picture.

Edited by DevsMan84

whine, complain, whine some more like a butthurt child...and no I have zero interest in threads bitching about the lack of local beers from Kearny, Weehawken, or some other town at the arena.

Yeah, edit your post after I reply...keep it classy

Edited by devlman

whine, complain, whine some more like a butthurt child...and no I have zero interest in threads bitching about the lack of local beers from Kearny, Weehawken, or some other town at the arena.

And I have zero interest in you whining about the new smoking policy. Best part is that you even said you don't smoke but you still filled that thread with your tears.

Yeah you have zero interest in it but it looks like you certainly keep an eye on it.

Sorry the Devils took your little goal song away precious.

Edited by DevsMan84

I know Sal is the official season whipping boy, but if you throw any of the kids out there for nearly 7 mins of penalty kill time a game, they will look as bad or worse. He's getting some pretty hard minutes so far this season. I'm hoping Merrill/Severson/Larsson start taking those minutes away as the season goes on, but just food for thought at the moment 

I know Sal is the official season whipping boy, but if you throw any of the kids out there for nearly 7 mins of penalty kill time a game, they will look as bad or worse. He's getting some pretty hard minutes so far this season. I'm hoping Merrill/Severson/Larsson start taking those minutes away as the season goes on, but just food for thought at the moment 

The only problem with that is that Sal was taking hard minutes last season and the season before and he sucked.

And I have zero interest in you whining about the new smoking policy. Best part is that you even said you don't smoke but you still filled that thread with your tears.

Yeah you have zero interest in it but it looks like you certainly keep an eye on it.

Sorry the Devils took your little goal song away precious.

Are you real? lol....remembering something means i have an interest in it, got it...giving my opinion in a thread with 2 small reasonable posts means I'm crying tears, got it. No wonder you sound so illogical.

Are you real? lol....remembering something means i have an interest in it, got it...giving my opinion in a thread with 2 small reasonable posts means I'm crying tears, got it. No wonder you sound so illogical.

So you do have interest in the beer thread or not? You just said you do not have an interest in ther craft beer thread and now you are saying you do?

Every time someone mentions the goal song you go into this crusade to protect it. Again I guess I hit too close to home with you when I compare the people who defend the chant with mutants since you are pretty much the only one here who gets all butthurt about it.

Edited by DevsMan84

The only problem with that is that Sal was taking hard minutes last season and the season before and he sucked.

The Devils had the best PK in the league last year, and Sal lead the team on PK minutes per game. Put Merrill or Severson out there for over 20 minutes a night including PK against the top lines, and they won't look stellar either. Sal is slow and old, but he's doing minutes the other guys can't do yet. 

So you do have interest in the beer thread or not? You just said you do not have an interest in ther craft beer thread and now you are saying you do?

Every time someone mentions the goal song you go into this crusade to protect it. Again I guess I hit too close to home with you when I compare the people who defend the chant with mutants since you are pretty much the only one here who gets all butthurt about it.

I never said I had an interest in craft beer lol.

And every time someone mentions anything about a new goal song, which has nothing to do with YS, you go on a tirade about how much you hate Devils' fans. It made me remember that you also like going on tirades about the organization, too. Better off rooting for another team. Theres simply no logic or coherency with you and tbh you usually sound that way, but I dont care about that immaturity. However, taking every chance to insult our fan base is where I will call you out for your childishness.

You guys are ruining this thread with your bickering.

Sorry, I'm done

The Devils had the best PK in the league last year, and Sal lead the team on PK minutes per game. Put Merrill or Severson out there for over 20 minutes a night including PK against the top lines, and they won't look stellar either. Sal is slow and old, but he's doing minutes the other guys can't do yet. 

Put Merrill or Severson out there and they're bound to make mistakes. Difference is that their rookies. Not only is Sal slow but his decision making during PKs is very rookie-like.

If I'm Lou I start shopping either Larsson or Gelinas to see if I can bring back a solid stay at home D. We don't have that.

Just got in from the game. Some pros and cons I came away with from my first trip to the "New" Rock.

Pros:

- Food was great. Lots of options that I'm excited to try. I had a Cheesesteak from the new Boardwalk upstairs and really enjoyed it.

- The place was packed pretty much from the time the doors opened so clearly people were/are excited to see the upgrades which means they must've done a good job getting the word out (for a change).

- The new opening with the projection on the ice really was pretty awesome.

Cons:

- The game itself. They didn't show up for the first two periods, period.

- Salvador. He's awful. Constantly makes the wrong decisions. Pretty sure I read tonight that he's been out there for 60% of our goals against so far this season. He has to go.

- The music/PA system was a ridiculous level of loud all night. It drowned out the crowd and I literally almost lost my voice just from yelling to try to have a conversation with the person next to me. The goal song was brutally loud to the point of actually being harsh on the ears.

- Food running out. Near the end of the 2nd period I went to grab a snack (zeppoles) and they were out of them. How the hell do you run out of something at the first game of the year? You can't hype a new menu and new options and then not be prepared for people wanting them. I was really shocked and disappointed when this happened. Turning away customers due to unpreparedness is not a good look on opening night. I don't get how they could not be prepared for one of the biggest/most crowded nights of the year.

All in all, I had a great time until the puck dropped. 

I never said I had an interest in craft beer lol.

And every time someone mentions anything about a new goal song, which has nothing to do with YS, you go on a tirade about how much you hate Devils' fans. It made me remember that you also like going on tirades about the organization, too. Better off rooting for another team. Theres simply no logic or coherency with you and tbh you usually sound that way, but I dont care about that immaturity. However, taking every chance to insult our fan base is where I will call you out for your childishness.

Sorry, I'm done

Where do I go off on the organization?

If you want going off on the organization then take a look at your posts on the first 6 pages of the 14-15 goal song thread. You have hated them since day 1 and go out of your way to bash them including in that thread I just mentioned. Yeah those awful owners with their recent $11 million in arena upgrades and long-term financial stability. How dare they!

I'm done too