2014-2015 Lineup Thread

devilsrule33

not a surprise, tomorrow night will be interesting though, and tonight's result could influence that decision.

it sounds like coach pete is looking to run him into the ground.. enless he has a horrid game tonight i doubt that he will sit tomorrow night..at this point im not sure what its going to take for keith to get a game..doesnt make much sense really

not a surprise, tomorrow night will be interesting though, and tonight's result could influence that decision.

it sounds like coach pete is looking to run him into the ground.. enless he has a horrid game tonight i doubt that he will sit tomorrow night..at this point im not sure what its going to take for keith to get a game..doesnt make much sense really

I think tomorrow night is the perfect game to start Kinkaid regardless of the outcome of tonights game. It's a home. Avs aren't that strong.

If not then they are trying to break Marty's record of 19 starts and to me that makes no sense.

Deboer just seems to not trust some rookies to an incredible extend. They have to (just like Merril or Severson did) impress the sh!t out of him for him to put some trust in them. 

He just really seem to be a guy that if you're not on his side from the start you're gonna struggle to crossover.

thats just speculations on my part though obviously but he does seem that way. When Brodeur was injured and Moose was struggling Deboer never even considered putting Kinkaid for a full game im sure.

He hasn't played in 3 days. I think he's recovered enough for another one. 

The idea of Damien Brunner is a lot better than the actual Damien Brunner. He represents the kind of player you wish the Devils had more of. Fast, skilled, can produce off the rush, maybe even score a highlight reel goal that you'd see go viral. He gives just enough of that to give you hope, but all the things you want, come few and far between. When he's going bad, he's going really bad. 

You can't keep rewarding him with ice time because of that hope. He's just not getting it done.

"Our occasionally good player hasn't impressed me so I'll play the always terrible player instead".

this is so right on.

I don't think Tootoo is always terrible.  This isn't Cam Janssen we're talking about here.

it's not much different though. you're more likely to get something good out of brunner than you are from tootoo. brunner still works on the PP. i do not approve of this decision.

this is so right on.

it's not much different though. you're more likely to get something good out of brunner than you are from tootoo. brunner still works on the PP. i do not approve of this decision.

I'm not really a fan of this kind of thinking - Brunner is playing poorly.  You can always stick Greene on the power play point, or hell, even Larsson if it comes to that.

Came across this article regarding Cammalleri.  I like how  he admits he has learned a lot as he gets older.  Some dumb stuff done as a kid doesn't leave one scarred forever as long as they learn something from the experience. Enjoy. :)

http://thehockeywriters.com/q-a-with-mike-cammalleri-of-the-new-jersey-devils/

btw this kind of stuff gets posted in this thread and isn't to be a new thread in Hell.  Correct?

this is so right on.

Thing is Brunner's going to sit anyway when Henrique comes back, so putting in Tootoo just speeds up his benching by a game or two.

I thought the Zubrus Gionta Bernier line had a great game last night and can be a solid fourth line for us that can eat up some tough minutes. When everyone is healthy *knock on wood* I like our lineup.

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr

Henrique Elias Havlat

Ruutu Josefson Ryder

Zubrus Gionta Bernier

ZBGB perhaps

I thought the Zubrus Gionta Bernier line had a great game last night and can be a solid fourth line for us that can eat up some tough minutes. When everyone is healthy *knock on wood* I like our lineup

Definitley agreed, in fact our whole bottom 6 has played well these past 2 games. Bernier seems hungry since he was recalled and zubrus is a perfect 4th line guy. Also I know he's overpaid but I really like Ruutu brings.

I thought the Zubrus Gionta Bernier line had a great game last night and can be a solid fourth line for us that can eat up some tough minutes. When everyone is healthy *knock on wood* I like our lineup.

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr

Henrique Elias Havlat

Ruutu Josefson Ryder

Zubrus Gionta Bernier

ZBGB perhaps

This is exactly what I want to see for the forward lines once we get Henrique back. I think that gives us 3 lines that can score and a 4th line that is truly a step above the rest of the league's 4th lines. Zubrus has looked REALLY good playing on the 4th line lately.

Salvador placed on IR, Harold called up

I know people have been rejoicing at this but I hope Bryce is ok.

Is there any word on what its actually wrong with him?

and by that I mean does anyone know if its been specified as one of the devils official 4 injury categories :

• An upper body Injury
  • A lower body injury
  • Status Quo
  • Day to day.