GDT: Broadway Blowhards @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

14,484 was the official attendance. Somebody fvcked up royally if we can't sellout a game against the Rags. It seriously sounded like a lot of Rags fans tonight. More than normal.

Wasnt really a lot of them. It was the same ratio just a light crowd due to the crazy prices.

Wasnt really a lot of them. It was the same ratio just a light crowd due to the crazy prices.

I still can't believe management let a Rangers game not sellout.  Only idiots could screw that up.

I thought Brunner had a really strong game individually. I just don't know where he fits on this team. What line? Its difficult.

Brunner has been excellent in his two games imo.  The fact he's one of the few guys with speed on this team makes me want to keep him in the lineup.

14,484 was the official attendance.  Somebody fvcked up royally if we can't sellout a game against the Rags.  It seriously sounded like a lot of Rags fans tonight.  More than normal.

The fact that this game wasn't even close to a sellout is utterly embarrassing for this organization. Basically entire sections in the 200's were empty. It looked more like a midweek game against Columbus than a rivalry game. Plus, the overall atmosphere in the arena was just plain dead. Simply pathetic.

I don't care if it's October, or the second of 41 home games. To only get 14k in the building against the Rags is a f'ing joke. You have to put this completely on the new management and their outrageous ticket prices for this game. I can't fathom much of an explanation otherwise as I don't ever remember a crowd against the rangers being this small and virtually lifeless for most of the game.

To add to my point about Brunner.

Here's my ideal lineup.

Cammalleri - Zajac - Jagr

Havlat - Elias - Brunner

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder

Ruutu - Gionta - Zubrus

The fact that this game wasn't even close to a sellout is utterly embarrassing for this organization. Basically entire sections in the 200's were empty. It looked more like a midweek game against Columbus than a rivalry game. Plus, the overall atmosphere in the arena was just plain dead. Simply pathetic.

I don't care if it's October, or the second of 41 home games. To only get 14k in the building against the Rags is a f'ing joke. You have to put this completely on the new management and their outrageous ticket prices for this game. I can't fathom much of an explanation otherwise as I don't ever remember a crowd against the rangers being this small and virtually lifeless for most of the game.

First non sellout against the Rags since the building opened.  Embarrassing.

The new owners have done a lot of good for this franchise, and i'm grateful they're here and not Vanderbeek, but they've really killed a lot of the in arena experience for fans. From ridiculous pricing to the goal song fiasco (Which I dont care about anymore though others do) it seems like every week there are drips and drabs of complaints everywhere.

What bugs me is no free food in the lounges anymore. In years past I'd get two tix off stubhub and take my wife when her Bruins were in town and enjoy the free food. Kind of a bummer. I dont go to many games but that was a neat little thing i enjoyed

The new owners have done a lot of good for this franchise, and i'm grateful they're here and not Vanderbeek, but they've really killed a lot of the in arena experience for fans. From ridiculous pricing to the goal song fiasco (Which I dont care about anymore though others do) it seems like every week there are drips and drabs of complaints everywhere.

What bugs me is no free food in the lounges anymore. In years past I'd get two tix off stubhub and take my wife when her Bruins were in town and enjoy the free food. Kind of a bummer. I dont go to many games but that was a neat little thing i enjoyed

I'm happy the dancers aren't there anymore although I never really had a problem with them.  I'm pissed they got rid of super score-o.  The train race without a sponsor is so beyond stupid though.  It's almost as stupid as winning a party poker t-shirt with that roulette game they had.

I do like the new hostess girl though.  I remember when Kim Marciniak had that role, and then gave it to Amanda Grace.  Then they stopped having a hostess all together.  Also the new food stands seem to be getting good reactions.  I have to try some of the new food one day.

Not a bad game, frustrating end but I thought we played well overall. I would have liked to see an even strength goal at least.

3 notes from me:

-3 powerplay goals. I don't want to hear how gelinas is needed on the powerplay. Right now he's not.

-our PK is worrisome. I didn't expect it to be as good as last year but if we want to compete for a playoff spot it can't be nearly this bad. Still early so hopefully it evens out but it think part of us will miss Fayne and volchenkov... Greene looks uncomfortable on his off side and we really only have 2 experienced pk defensemen.

- zidlicky had a terrible game. Forget the 3rd goal, he was constantly making bad decisions and when he had a great opportunity he couldn't handle the pass. If larsson does stick, I wouldn't mind splitting the zidlicky-sal pairing and rolling sal-larsson, Merrill- zidlicky. I just think zidlicky takes way too many risks for Salvador to cover up... I counted 3 two on ones last night where sal was the only guy back because zidlicky made a risky pinch or turnover.

I had been watching stubhub for this game up until about a week and a half ago.  I dont even bother with ticketdisaster anymore.  It was obvious the Devils had posted tickets on the secondary market themselves.  I know someone who was able to get 3 on the glass yesterday afternoon for $100 each.  Not sure if the rest of the arena dropped in price at all, but turned out I couldn't go last night anyway.  They have been trying this non-sense with holding the tickets back for packages and to squeeze every dime out of a few games, Isles do the same, and it is no longer working.  I guess it is a good thing they revoked the tickets from all those people who were scalping.

Ok well I learned a few things from being at last nights game:

-Some of our fans are really uneducated. Guy next to me was calling #20 Carter and #28 Volchenkov the entire night, so annoying.

-Rangers fans are the same way, guy behind me thought Richards played the point on the PP.

-The new food is awesome, had the cheesesteak Ole from Tony Baloney's, amazing!

-The devils can't hold a lead.

Speaking of these 'fans' I had one middle aged drubk ranger fan for no reason shove me a few times and then grabbed me by the neck and pulled me down to grab my hat. I turned around and knocked him out. Luckily no one really noticed because the guy was drunk as hell and he looked like he just fell. But that was the first time I ever had to resort to that. Unbelievable. I didnt even say a word to that guy but when I was leving my section after the game ended he tried to pull that crap on me.

I hope you spit on him too.

lol I have this picture of you at a Devils-Rangers game at the Rock and basically rumbling with every Rags fan you see.

For the "rival" pricing they charged last night I would say seeing that alone would be worth the $.

Lol that almost happened during the 2008 playoff series. It took every ounce of restraint and common sense in my body to not start a huge rumble at any given home game during that series.

Lol that almost happened during the 2008 playoff series. It took every ounce of restraint and common sense in my body to not start a huge rumble at any given home game during that series.

Seriously. That's probably the most angry I've ever been at a sporting event. My blood pressure sky rocketed through those series.

It's amazing how different the 2012 home games were compared to that 08 series

Its an absolute embarrassment. It wasnt even CLOSE to a sellout. Thats mid-week v Ottawa numbers. First time at the Prudential Center that we havent sold out vs the Rags.

Seriously. That's probably the most angry I've ever been at a sporting event. My blood pressure sky rocketed through those series.

It's amazing how different the 2012 home games were compared to that 08 series

Our fan base did a terrific job of keeping the blue out of the arena during the 2012 series.

Plus if you're a Devils fan and you see three games in one week, some people would just flat rather go to Opening Night and (a cheaper) Chico Night with friendly crowds then deal with the douchebaggery and split crowd in Ranger games. 

I guess the biggest positive about this is we'll probably see about 14,500-15,500 fans at most games this season. There won't be too many "highs" (Rangers/Flyers sellouts) or "lows" (Ottawa on a Wednesday).

random question for the people here who goes to games frequently and are annoyed by the raise prices.

Like we know were were in debts and all that crap and the new owners took over and swallowed the debt and got things running again. Of course it's a little understandable that they cranked the price to cover that, it's still better to pay a little extra than to have no team at all.

this is really silly but it's all for fun. So with that "concept" out there and im just curious. Let's say we could collectively pay extra on each tickets we buy through the season to cover for Sal's salary to buy him out. how much extra would you be willing to pay on every tickets you're buying through the whole season if it meant that they would buy him out? $20 extra? 10? 100$ lol

like would that be a sacrifice you'd be willing to make to pay more just to get him out

random question for the people here who goes to games frequently and are annoyed by the raise prices.

Like we know were were in debts and all that crap and the new owners took over and swallowed the debt and got things running again. Of course it's a little understandable that they cranked the price to cover that, it's still better to pay a little extra than to have no team at all.

this is really silly but it's all for fun. So with that "concept" out there and im just curious. Let's say we could collectively pay extra on each tickets we buy through the season to cover for Sal's salary to buy him out. how much extra would you be willing to pay on every tickets you're buying through the whole season if it meant that they would buy him out? $20 extra? 10? 100$ lol

like would that be a sacrifice you'd be willing to make to pay more just to get him out

I would give Sal my season tickets so he could watch the game with a great view that isn't anywhere near the bench.

Our fan base did a terrific job of keeping the blue out of the arena during the 2012 series.

And the Devils organization did a great job of seeing to it that those 2012 Rangers-Devils playoff tix fell into mostly Devs fans hands. I hope that these new owners pay attention to how it was done.

On that note, I hope that they actually care whether or not the building is filled with Devils fans or Rangers fans.