GDT: Broadway Blowhards @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Lol what a drama queen the way you resort to hyperbole in a conversation

lol and instead of addressing any of my points (or even DJ's points) you resort to name calling.  Apparently you can call me names but I cannot call some fans mutants. 

Yup, I see how things work in your world.

Edited by DevsMan84

lol and instead of addressing any of my points (or even DJ's points) you resort to name calling.  Apparently you can call me names but I cannot call some fans mutants. 

Yup, I see how things work in your world.

You havent made any points.. DJ Eco made a valid point about pricing evening out down the road. I didnt have anything to add to it. We'll see.

So did JVB and the ticket management team at that time.  They did everything they possibly could to make sure the tickets got to Devils fans only.  If I remember correct, they were providing anyone who had purchased a ticket plan earlier in that season, or the season before, with a slightly discounted price on the tickets to entice them to buy before they went on sale to the general public. 

That entire playoff run (which included the Philly series before we took on the Rangers) took a lot of work on management's part to make us have a true home ice advantage, and it absolutely worked.  For at least that one thing, I wish this new management would take a page out of the old regime's playbook.

Yep, that's exactly what they did, and it worked out wonderfully. Out of all Devs-Rags playoffs series, the 2012 series had the biggest Devils home ice advantage.

I know I personally received more than a few emails from the Devs offering me pre-sale ticket options for that series because I had purchased a ticket plan in the past.

I even recall hearing some Rangers fans complaining on radio talk shows and reading snarky comments from Rags fans on Facebook about the Devils ticket office's tactics for that specific series.

Edited by 95Crash

$90 for 200-level seats is ridiculous for an early round playoff game, never mind the 6th game of the season- I don't care who the opponent is. I don't blame people for not paying that. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way... Hopefully ownership learns from this and adjusts the pricing structure for next season appropriately.

I agree with you and if they are smart business people that I think they are they will fix this pricing this season.

Why wait they can make changes now.

Who's to say the new owners won't do this too when it comes to the playoffs? What I highlighed works when the team makes the playoffs and management can do something like that to keep opposing fans out. So far we haven't even made the playoffs yet under the new owners and we are only in our second season with them.

A lot of people are making assumptions based on a single game last night with a team that hasn't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons and are comparing a playoff game from 2 years ago with a ton of bandwagon fans joining in on the first 2 rounds.

I guess anything to take a shot at ownership.

This coming from the guy constantly taking a shot at the former owner. That's rich. I didn't even blame Blitzer or Harris. For all I know, Weber or Oneill made the decision on how to price the rangers games. But keep making your assumptions bud.

Is it hard to jump down from that high horse you're always riding in on? Just wondering.

I agree with you and if they are smart business people that I think they are they will fix this pricing this season.

Why wait they can make changes now.

If they can make immediate changes even better. But I doubt they'll do anything during the season. I'm curious to see how playoff tickets would be priced... Hope we get a chance to find out. Edited by MadDog2020

This coming from the guy constantly taking a shot at the former owner. That's rich. I didn't even blame Blitzer or Harris. For all I know, Weber or Oneill made the decision on how to price the rangers games. But keep making your assumptions bud.

Is it hard to jump down from that high horse you're always riding in on? Just wondering.

Can't be any more difficult then that fence you pretend to sit on. 

There can't be a fan base in the history of sports that can have two billionaires buy a team of theirs from bankruptcy, pay off massive debt and yet still spend money on the team, hire men with successful resume's run the business side, invest millions into the arena, spend money on FA's and the cap and commit long term to the city/state where they play.....yet, have fans pine for the former owner who very nearly got this team moved out of NJ. 

Unreal. 

VBK was a swell guy and all, and his intentions were great. He was just in over his head and didn't have the finances to be a pro sports owner. He was exposed when he lost Chambers as a partner. Some in this fanbase (and the same types that still chant and pine for YS) still focus on VBK being "one of them" i.e. a Devils fan and former STH, the fan who made good and bought the team. They believe the new owners don't and won't love and care for the team as much as it's just another business in the coffers of successful men. 

Listen, people. The Devils are finally being run as a business. It's 30 years overdue. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

Losing to the Rags brings out the worst in this fanbase.

its not even all that.. sure people are pissed off about last night after they should have had it in the bag being the dominant team for the majority of the game then some crappy personnel decisions is what looks like to be what screwed us.. but its actually pathetic that people continue to argue about a "hey you suck" fvcking chant its just getting so old and its ruining the forum.. i mean how long are people going to seriously carry on about it i dont know why its still a goddamn debate. enough.

Literally none of these scenarios are available to them during the regular season. There's zero way to regulate how many Rangers fans show up at these games, aside from pushing harder on more season tickets or partial ticket plans, which they've done a great job at. And if yesterday's base ticket price were $45, I bet you'd still see the same ratio of Rangers fans to Devils fans (as it'd be more appealing for them too). There's something inexplicably wrong with our fanbase when it comes to attendance at these rival games, simple as that. Our fans talk a lot of sh!t, but then they're not there at the games, or worse, they sell their tickets on StubHub to make a few extra bucks.

With stubhub and the team ticket exchanges, the days of not being able to get tickets are over.  So long as you are willing to pay the $, you can find tickets to any event.  Last week, I saw more Isles fans and the Garden they I have ever seen, but I wasn't surprised.  There were plenty of tickets available.  I sold my tickets on the ticketexchange and went with the guy who sits to my right.  I sold mine to Rangers fans, but if it was Isles fans who bought them, then so be it.  I can't fault any fan who sells their tickets to make some $, even to a rival fan.  The Islanders/Devils/Flyers fan's money is still green.

Last night, was simply a better of over-estimating demand.  I emailed back and forth with a few people (both Devils and Rangers fans) about Tuesday night.  People who normally go to the NYR-NJD games in Jersey.  They all had the same attitude, weren't spending the money. One of the Devils fans actually said, "I would rather spend $100 to go to 3 different games than go to the game against the Rangers.  I have been to enough Devils-Rangers games, that I dont need to pay through the nose anymore."  Other guys said they would rather just go to a bar, watch the game, not deal with the crowds and they will spend less and probably have just as good a time.

Went on ticketdisaster yesterday to check the game in April.  Uppers are ~$120.  I think it was $110 plus $10 in fees and those were not the re-sale tickets.  If they are smart, they drop those prices, but we shall see.  Chances are that game is going to be meaningless for the standings/play-offs as both teams will likely be locked into their position.  Yes, there is a chance it could be 2010 all over again where the Rangers and Flyers met on the last day of the season, winner was in, loser was out.  However, not likely to happen again.

With stubhub and the team ticket exchanges, the days of not being able to get tickets are over.  So long as you are willing to pay the $, you can find tickets to any event.  Last week, I saw more Isles fans and the Garden they I have ever seen, but I wasn't surprised.  There were plenty of tickets available.  I sold my tickets on the ticketexchange and went with the guy who sits to my right.  I sold mine to Rangers fans, but if it was Isles fans who bought them, then so be it.  I can't fault any fan who sells their tickets to make some $, even to a rival fan.  The Islanders/Devils/Flyers fan's money is still green.

Last night, was simply a better of over-estimating demand.  I emailed back and forth with a few people (both Devils and Rangers fans) about Tuesday night.  People who normally go to the NYR-NJD games in Jersey.  They all had the same attitude, weren't spending the money. One of the Devils fans actually said, "I would rather spend $100 to go to 3 different games than go to the game against the Rangers.  I have been to enough Devils-Rangers games, that I dont need to pay through the nose anymore."  Other guys said they would rather just go to a bar, watch the game, not deal with the crowds and they will spend less and probably have just as good a time.

Went on ticketdisaster yesterday to check the game in April.  Uppers are ~$120.  I think it was $110 plus $10 in fees and those were not the re-sale tickets.  If they are smart, they drop those prices, but we shall see.  Chances are that game is going to be meaningless for the standings/play-offs as both teams will likely be locked into their position.  Yes, there is a chance it could be 2010 all over again where the Rangers and Flyers met on the last day of the season, winner was in, loser was out.  However, not likely to happen again.

Yup, I agree with 100% of what you said. However, I'll reiterate, I think it will have a positive impact on the cheaper "less desirable" games that usually draw a max of 13,000-14,000 on a weekday between November and January.

Yup, I agree with 100% of what you said. However, I'll reiterate, I think it will have a positive impact on the cheaper "less desirable" games that usually draw a max of 13,000-14,000 on a weekday between November and January.

Yes, but that is IF people like the guy I know do actually go to the 3 games.  It is one thing to say I would rathe spend $100 to go to 3 games and another thing to actually do it.  The price gouging for the popular games could turn people off completely.  It was has happened to me with the Mets.  In the past, I went to a minimum of 5 games per year.  Whether I thought they would win 100 games or lose 100 games.  However, the past 3 years I have gone to 1 and that was only because my wife wanted to bring the baby to a game to get a picture of her in the stadium.  The way they jack up the prices for opening day and the yankees series, iritates me to the point I dont want to buy tickets at all.