GDT: Broadway Blowhards @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

And the Devils organization did a great job of seeing to it that those 2012 Rangers-Devils playoff tix fell into mostly Devs fans hands. I hope that these new owners pay attention to how it was done.

On that note, I hope that they actually care whether or not the building is filled with Devils fans or Rangers fans.

I think what really helped in that series was that we advanced like 3 or 4 days before the Rangers and the Devils put our tickets on sale almost right away so Rangers fans weren't buying tickets for games that they weren't sure their team would be even playing in. It worked out wonderfully.

And the Devils organization did a great job of seeing to it that those 2012 Rangers-Devils playoff tix fell into mostly Devs fans hands. I hope that these new owners pay attention to how it was done.

On that note, I hope that they actually care whether or not the building is filled with Devils fans or Rangers fans.

Very true and agree

Our fan base did a terrific job of keeping the blue out of the arena during the 2012 series.

So did JVB and the ticket management team at that time.  They did everything they possibly could to make sure the tickets got to Devils fans only.  If I remember correct, they were providing anyone who had purchased a ticket plan earlier in that season, or the season before, with a slightly discounted price on the tickets to entice them to buy before they went on sale to the general public. 

That entire playoff run (which included the Philly series before we took on the Rangers) took a lot of work on management's part to make us have a true home ice advantage, and it absolutely worked.  For at least that one thing, I wish this new management would take a page out of the old regime's playbook.

So did JVB and the ticket management team at that time.  They did everything they possibly could to make sure the tickets got to Devils fans only.  If I remember correct, they were providing anyone who had purchased a ticket plan earlier in that season, or the season before, with a slightly discounted price on the tickets to entice them to buy before they went on sale to the general public. 

That entire playoff run (which included the Philly series before we took on the Rangers) took a lot of work on management's part to make us have a true home ice advantage, and it absolutely worked.  For at least that one thing, I wish this new management would take a page out of the old regime's playbook.

JVB and then-management did do a great job with that.  The new owners probably wouldnt care if our building was 95% rags fans so long as they make a buck.

And we've been doing a terrific job since then.  It's barely 20% Rags fans normally.

Certainly not 20% last night

Love how the last few posts show how the same people over the over again just hate the new owners because they are not JVB amongst other petty things.  I guess it is a sin that the new owners want to make money on a $320 million investment.  God forbid they do that after injecting over $10 million in upgrading the arena, making sure we are a cap team and providing long term financial stability that JVB could never do.

Also never mind that as Satans Hockey said that the Devils had a 4-day head start to sell tickets which probably was the biggest reason.

Love how the last few posts show how the same people over the over again just hate the new owners because they are not JVB amongst other petty things.  I guess it is a sin that the new owners want to make money on a $320 million investment.  God forbid they do that after injecting over $10 million in upgrading the arena, making sure we are a cap team and providing long term financial stability that JVB could never do.

Also never mind that as Satans Hockey said that the Devils had a 4-day head start to sell tickets which probably was the biggest reason.

yea well the point is that they will find that there is probably no profit margin from the increased prices, so it would be in their best interest to sell plenty more tickets instead

I guess I'm the optimistic type but Severson is an absolute stud. He's so smart offensively and no slouch in the defensive zone. That move he pulled in OT on Kreider showed he has some serious balls and skill

that was awesome, wish they would have converted in that. Instead the rags did like right after it Edited by Louismydad

Love how the last few posts show how the same people over the over again just hate the new owners because they are not JVB amongst other petty things. I guess it is a sin that the new owners want to make money on a $320 million investment. God forbid they do that after injecting over $10 million in upgrading the arena, making sure we are a cap team and providing long term financial stability that JVB could never do.

I have no issues with them making money on their investment but I think last night showed that 90 bucks for those top sections doesn't work when neither teams fans are buying the seats.

Those seats at maybe 50 to 60 bucks would have most likely sold out and those fans would have spent money on concessions and maybe the team stores.

I can't imagine that you are talking to me.  Who said that I hate the new owners?   I actually like a lot of what they have been doing since taking over.  Do I like everything the've done...no.  But it doesn't mean I hate them or have it out for them by any stretch.  Plus, my point had nothing to do with them trying to make a profit.  We all want this team to be making money, rather than losing it year after year.  But the fact remains that the building was empty last night and it can only have been the result of the majorly increased ticket prices for that particular game.  Even at those prices, I can't believe they made more money than they did for any of the Devils-Rags games last year, or the year before that, and so on. 

Your theory RE: 2012 is just wrong.  The Devils didn't have a 4 day head start in the Philly series in 2012, and the result was exactly the same (very few clown- orange shirts in the building).  The reason was what I said in my previous post.  The ticket department was extremely proactive in selling those tickets to people who had bought small partial plans or had signed up for social media giveaways during the season.  And don't tell me that Philly fans don't travel to the Rock like Rags fans do.  Anyone who was in the building for any of our games against them during the playoffs in 2010 will tell you otherwise. 

You don't have to like JVB or what his management team did with the team overall, but you have to give them credit where credit is due unless you are completely blinded by your own BS.  They did a good job with the playoff ticket sales in 2012.  Period. 

Stop being a drama queen. Just because someone says something about the new owners doesnt mean they dont appreciate the financial stability the owners have offered.

I have no issues with them making money on their investment but I think last night showed that 90 bucks for those top sections doesn't work when neither teams fans are buying the seats.

Those seats at maybe 50 to 60 bucks would have most likely sold out and those fans would have spent money on concessions and maybe the team stores.

$90 for 200-level seats is ridiculous for an early round playoff game, never mind the 6th game of the season- I don't care who the opponent is. I don't blame people for not paying that. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way... Hopefully ownership learns from this and adjusts the pricing structure for next season appropriately.

Stop being a drama queen. Just because someone says something about the new owners doesnt mean they dont appreciate the financial stability the owners have offered.

Every single one of your posts is about how terrible the owners been since the goal song change.  I really cannot find one post of your in months where you even said something remotely positive about the new owners.

Apparently you can bitch all you want about the new owners but I am not allowed to say anything about fans who still emabrass us with the YS chant.  Yeah I see how that works.

It only worked because:

a) The two rounds were against our biggest rivals, back-to-back,

b) They had a 4 day headstart before the Rangers knew we'd play them, and

c) It was based on a presale system for people who'd bought tickets throughout the year.

Let's not forget, there were empty seats during the Florida series. Philly/New York matchups were always going to sell out.

Literally none of these scenarios are available to them during the regular season. There's zero way to regulate how many Rangers fans show up at these games, aside from pushing harder on more season tickets or partial ticket plans, which they've done a great job at. And if yesterday's base ticket price were $45, I bet you'd still see the same ratio of Rangers fans to Devils fans (as it'd be more appealing for them too). There's something inexplicably wrong with our fanbase when it comes to attendance at these rival games, simple as that. Our fans talk a lot of sh!t, but then they're not there at the games, or worse, they sell their tickets on StubHub to make a few extra bucks.

Edited by DJ Eco

Every single one of your posts is about how terrible the owners been since the goal song change.  I really cannot find one post of your in months where you even said something remotely positive about the new owners.

Apparently you can bitch all you want about the new owners but I am not allowed to say anything about fans who still emabrass us with the YS chant.  Yeah I see how that works.

Take a few deep breaths in and out...and just follow the threads and conversations without obsessing about YS. Its done, your side won. Just follow the current conversation...

Who's to say the new owners won't do this too when it comes to the playoffs?  What I highlighed works when the team makes the playoffs and management can do something like that to keep opposing fans out.  So far we haven't even made the playoffs yet under the new owners and we are only in our second season with them.

A lot of people are making assumptions based on a single game last night with a team that hasn't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons and are comparing a playoff game from 2 years ago with a ton of bandwagon fans joining in on the first 2 rounds.

I guess anything to take a shot at ownership.

Take a few deep breaths in and out...and just follow the threads and conversations without obsessing about YS. Its done, your side won. Just follow the current conversation...

I saw about 3-4 posts that were bashing the new ownership over daring to make money on their investment.  In your own words "The new owners probably wouldnt care if our building was 95% rags fans so long as they make a buck."

Take a few deep breaths and stop bashing the new ownership every chance you get for every little tiny reason you can find.

It only worked because:

a) The two rounds were against our biggest rivals, back-to-back,

b) They had a 4 day headstart before the Rangers knew we'd play them, and

c) It was based on a presale system for people who'd bought tickets throughout the year.

Let's not forget, there were empty seats during the Florida series. Philly/New York matchups were always going to sell out.

Literally none of these scenarios are available to them during the regular season. There's zero way to regulate how many Rangers fans show up at these games, aside from pushing harder on more season tickets or partial ticket plans, which they've done a great job at. And if yesterday's base ticket price were $45, I bet you'd still see the same ratio of Rangers fans to Devils fans (as it'd be more appealing for them too). There's something inexplicably wrong with our fanbase when it comes to attendance at these rival games, simple as that. Our fans talk a lot of sh!t, but then they're not there at the games, or worse, they sell their tickets on StubHub to make a few extra bucks.

This is spot on.  However, there are those who would rather elevate JVB to some sort of marketing genius when it came to keeping Rags fans out of that series while at the same time take a shot at new ownership.

Comparing selling tickets to a regular season game versus a playoff game is silly.

I saw about 3-4 posts that were bashing the new ownership over daring to make money on their investment.  In your own words "The new owners probably wouldnt care if our building was 95% rags fans so long as they make a buck."

Take a few deep breaths and stop bashing the new ownership every chance you get for every little tiny reason you can find.

Making a buck on an investment without keeping the fans in mind is a valid point to make on a conversation about attendance.  

Of course, if you are being a lap dog sniffing the owners' collective crotches, then you will see this as some assault on your core values and proceed to stray away from the conversation and obsess about YS.

Making a buck on an investment without keeping the fans in mind is a valid point to make on a conversation about attendance.

The median price remains the same. Hell, my season tickets got cheaper from 2012 to today thanks to their way of repricing certain sections.

So, they missed the mark a bit by shooting for the stars on these rivalry games? Okay. When midweek games against the Coyotes or Senators are $5-10 cheaper than last year's pricing, what do you call that, then?

Of course, if you are being a lap dog sniffing the owners' collective crotches, then you will see this as some assault on your core values and proceed to stray away from the conversation and obsess about YS.

And you continually obsess about the owners and how terrible they are.

Yeah the owners surely hated the fans enough to spend $10 million of their money to upgrade the arena that had awful food, crappy merchandise options and weak intro.  Yeah the owners hated us enough into fixing that leaky roof under sec 133 that JVB never repaired since it was damaged in Sandy due to him being next to bankrupt (I heard stories last night of more leaks that JVB never repaired).  In fact, the owners hated the Devils so much that they allowed Lou financial freedom for the first time in years to allow him to sign players and make moves necessary to keep the team competative for years.

Yeah these new owners sure are terrible.

I guess I'm the optimistic type but Severson is an absolute stud. He's so smart offensively and no slouch in the defensive zone. That move he pulled in OT on Kreider showed he has some serious balls and skill

I love the fact that he makes quick, decisive and confident decisions. That's something this team hasn't really had on the blue line since rafalski/neidermayer.

The median price remains the same. Hell, my season tickets got cheaper from 2012 to today thanks to their way of repricing certain sections.

So, they missed the mark a bit by shooting for the stars on these rivalry games? Okay. When midweek games against the Coyotes or Senators are $5-10 cheaper than last year's pricing, what do you call that, then?

Don't you even try to inject anything positive in the new owners in a conversation with him.  We all know with him and other posters they new owners can't do anything right.  This hate all started with the you-know-what issue that I dare not to mention for fear I will be accused of being obsessed over.

I feel like we recycle this discussion every time early in the season...it's the same every year, early season midweek games are tough sells. Wait until December and the end of football season and see if there's still a problem, I guarantee there isn't.

Also there are only 2 home games against the rags this year so that probably had an effect on the blueshirts in the building.

And you continually obsess about the owners and how terrible they are.

Yeah the owners surely hated the fans enough to spend $10 million of their money to upgrade the arena that had awful food, crappy merchandise options and weak intro.  Yeah the owners hated us enough into fixing that leaky roof under sec 133 that JVB never repaired since it was damaged in Sandy due to him being next to bankrupt (I heard stories last night of more leaks that JVB never repaired).  In fact, the owners hated the Devils so much that they allowed Lou financial freedom for the first time in years to allow him to sign players and make moves necessary to keep the team competative for years.

Yeah these new owners sure are terrible.

Lol what a drama queen the way you resort to hyperbole in a conversation