Is Larsson Finished?

Daniel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TGfireandice: DeBoer on why Larsson is sitting: "We're putting the best lineup on the ice to win tonight.

If im larsson im flipping tables right now

Just posted this in the GDT. I'm convinced that at this point Larsson upper-deckered Pete's toilet or something. Edited by MadDog2020

Just posted this in the GDT. I'm convinced that at this point Larsson upper-deckered Pete's toilet or something.

That would show confidence - I think he might get in the lineup if he did that.  

I wish someone from the media would get on him about Sal

Chere did, yesterday or the day before.  DeBoer basically said that Salavador brings something to the table and pointedly did not say that Salvador was playing well.

Just posted this in the GDT. I'm convinced that at this point Larsson upper-deckered Pete's toilet or something.

thats clearly not enough.... id say he raped his dog.... while Pete's wife was holding it....? 

or Larsson spoiled Breaking Bad's season finale for him or something

That would show confidence - I think he might get in the lineup if he did that.  

Chere did, yesterday or the day before.  DeBoer basically said that Salavador brings something to the table and pointedly did not say that Salvador was playing well.

Yup, they've been trying everything to light a fire under this kids butt...right now it doesnt look like the leopard is changing his spots

He's 21 damn years old. To even insinuate he's "done" is beyond premature. On that same note, he may be done here. For whatever reason he has not grasped whats required of him when he plays and sometimes doesn't seem to be using his head. It may be a case of him needing new voices and instruction. 

I think a better comparison than Hedman may be Alex Edler. Also Swedish, drafted in the 3rd in 2004 (age 18) and took 3 years of NHL duty before it really clicked for him Jack Johnson is another one and much more comparable to Larsson in terms of draft position, who started very slowly and also took to age 22 before it "clicked". He played on a few really bad teams in LA as well. Kris Letang is another one who was thrown in young and took a few years to "get it" but he also had the luxury of playing with guys like Malkin and Crosby too. The one difference between all of these guys is that by the 2nd or 3rd year they were playing regularly (60+ minimum).

There are plenty of guys that have similar trajectories. 2-3 years of regular NHL game time for a young defenseman is not uncommon, which is something Larsson has not had here obviously.

I personally think he needs to go to a team that needs him more than we do especially now that we have Severson and Merrill really starting to grow, a team that will play him every night and let him work out his growing pains, a team that is basically bad right now. He's far too young and obviously has a skill set that if he utilizes correctly could be very good, he just may be in the wrong place for that to happen.

Its very possible he is a total bust and done, but its just way too early to say that definitively.

anyway, time to go catch the PATH

Edited by ghdi

Trade him. Move on.

agreed, i think he could be valuable to any team but not this one..we just dont really have a spot for him, like it or not salvador is not going anywhere atleast for this season so its better people around here accept that and move on with themselves.

Going back to the SHL? Hahaha. Yeah. He's going to go back to Sweden to make $300,000 and be the best player in that league. Beautiful career move.

You're absolutely naive if you don't think a league where:

1) He gets to play in his home country

2) His first language is the native tongue

3) He'd be a star on any team of his choosing

4) He'd get constant and consistent ice time

5) He'd have the opportunity to be a national hero

wouldn't appeal to him. International players are showing more and more now that it's no longer NHL or bust. Of course the earning potential is exponentially higher in the NHL, but money isn't everything to some people.

It's a very real option for him. Adam is a shy kid, and if his options are to resign and be dicked around by the Devils, hop around the United States to different teams, or go home.. You do the math.

Edited by Devilsfan118

He absolutely has value. "What have you done for me lately?" doesn't apply to a guy like Larsson.

I agree...Larson is a valuable player and it is a shame he has not stayed in the lineup. He has a tremendous up ice pass read.

Fn shame if you ask me

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk