No practice on game days.

dantesinferno

So wait, let me get this straight - they won't be together again as a team after getting absolutely embarrassed until the next game on Thursday?  When most guys probably won't even lace up for the morning skate?

Mmmmmm...

that might be best... i mean it is only one day in between, do you want to see the people you work with every single day?

I can appreciate that there are mixed opinions among the forum and players regarding morning skates. Phil Esposito didn't like them, Brendan Shanahan did. I can also understand that if a team is playing reasonably well, a coach may decide to forgo the skate.  What about a team that is not playing well, struggling with a penalty kill, breakout or power play? Maybe a morning skate establishes greater accountability. And if some guys don't want to see each other every day, too bad. Get over it. It's your job. It's a team sport and they are your team mates. I would not have asked about this if the team was playing well, but especially after last night's disaster it seems they can all use a little extra work on the ice?

So wait, let me get this straight - they won't be together again as a team after getting absolutely embarrassed until the next game on Thursday?  When most guys probably won't even lace up for the morning skate?

Mmmmmm...

All that means is there is no on-ice practice. It's quite possible there were team meetings, video sessions, etc at the rink.