GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburg Penguins 7PM MSG

Coorslight

There isn't a clear upgrade out there to hire. I love it when people say we need a new coach and then they don't even think about who it would be.

This. Not even sure where Lou can go at this point.

There isn't a clear upgrade out there to hire. I love it when people say we need a new coach and then they don't even think about who it would be.

Even if it's just a lateral move, it can make a difference.  It doesn't have to be a "better" coach, just a different one.  Regardless, you're right, I don't see a good replacement.

This is a good wake up call game for the team at least.  Hopefully the coaching staff takes proper advantage of it.

please you should know by now pete is not going to change a damn thing.. he had the fourth line out there against crosby and the rest of their first line.. yea thats a real good match up

There is a place lou can go, but I really really really hope doesn't go down the dreaded torts road

Can't see Lou ever going down that road, lol.

What a fvckin disaster...I feel like I'm back to watching the devils of old, the BBA devils when they first came here.

Can't wait to hear what Charlie Brown has to say.

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

Edited by Devlin

my rational thought on this...

it was very very very very ugly... BUT we CAN'T just tell ourselves "it was simply a bad game, we'll bounce back etc etc"

We blew a 3-1 lead AGAIN, our PK sucked AGAIN and Cory should have been better AGAIN. Those are things that needs to get better right away

The fire Pete thing is tempting after a loss like this, but the problem imo is that this is a bubble team. I don't know that any coach can fix this and I think Lou knows it too. This group is what it is. 

The most disappointing part is that with a veteran team like this... you expect the speed thing to be an issue against some teams. But you expect they can play in a system and not get too mentally rattled. That seems like the opposite here. We looked like the Edmonton Oilers of the last couple years tonight..