GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburg Penguins 7PM MSG

Coorslight

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited for this postgame. Can't wait to see what silver lining Pete takes from this one. 

34qrz92.jpg

The fire Pete thing is tempting after a loss like this, but the problem imo is that this is a bubble team. I don't know that any coach can fix this and I think Lou knows it too. This group is what it is.

Not an allowable excuse at this point. Last season, after Kovy pulled a fast one, sure. But not this year. Not two years in a row.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited for this postgame. Can't wait to see what silver lining Pete takes from this one. 

34qrz92.jpg

"well uh yea i really felt our guys had a super game..i mean we had excellence in goal tonight and the team came together to play really strong until the let those 8 goals in..but other than that we had a strong game from everyone..thursday we will run the same game plan im not changing a thing."

"well uh yea i really felt our guys had a super game..i mean we had excellence in goal tonight and the team came together to play really strong until the let those 8 goals in..but other than that we had a strong game from everyone..thursday we will run the same game plan im not changing a thing."

You forgot "and uhhh Larsson was not our best D-man tonight and will be sent down to Albany for conditioning."

"I really felt we played our game and the bounces just didn't go our way. Gionta had 2 assists and Bryce looked great. Would've liked to have seen more out of Larsson though."

• Like 1

I think Lou needs to make a trade or something.

A trade doesn't fix this team. They are playing sh!tty hockey. A new system to better fit the players we have is needed. PDB system relies heavily on winning puck battles. Right now we dump the puck in so we can change lines to be fresh on defense.

What a stinker. The PK is dreadful, and by that I mean lethargic, passive, and lets guys park in front of Schneider for seemingly 2 minutes at a time. The defense, while helpful on the attack, is young, inexperienced and vulnerable on their own end. Our veterans on the back end are equally suspect, with the exception of Greene, who is a solid top 4 defenseman. Zidlicky is an absolute atrocity on defense and if I see any more no-look behind the back passes I might have to start using all caps...yes, it's that serious. LOL. Salvador is salvador; i.e. a cone. More than a new coach, we need a solid, big body defenseman who can eat minutes-a Suter, Weber, Doughty type. Tyler Myers perhaps. I would not be surprised if a trade is in the works (for someone, not necessarily Myers).

Now let's see some more pictures!