GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburg Penguins 7PM MSG

Coorslight

PK starts down the opposing end of the rink. The team is way too passive and entries are way too easy and opposing players go fairly unaccosted til 10 feet inside the blueline.

This team is the slowest in the league. The only time they mount pressure is when the D joins the rush. This group of forwards aren't very good. Look for Elias on a milk container near you soon.

It doesn't help the team plays with 2 non-NHL players in Gio and that embarrassment Sal. How did he get walked so easily on that play he gad to rag the guy down??? Just terrible.

Unlike the rest of the board, I believe we are really close to being a topflight team. The Devils have real offensive depth, and as a result they can score consistently.  The defensive mistakes thus far are to be expected. Everyone called for the kids for 2+ years, and now you have have the reality of the situation. The one encouraging aspect of this is that they should in theory get better.

Pete DeBoer's system is fine, and though he has flaws as a coach, he is not the reason we lost this game. Cory needs to be a lot more consistent as our young dmen are going to make gaffs.

On another note, I was really impressed with YaYo tonight. I am seeing flashes of the player from 2 to 3 years again. If he finally winds up developing the Devils will have center depth that rivals the NHL's elite teams.

Please show patience. 

Edited by William D'Aquila

how did McDavid's name never came up even after 20 pages?

Because we're not allowed to have nice things.

You all make me laugh, Pete's not going anywhere. You all know this. It's not him...

At what point does it get to be him?  After we miss the playoffs five years in a row?  Six?

Good god, even Rex Ryan doesn't get as much mileage out of 'two' deep playoff runs that Pete does out of one.

I was going to say Fayne.

And yet our brilliant coach was scratching Fayne too the second half of the lockout season and the first part of last year.

You have some weird crush on me, but yes I know what that means. I'd you're satisfied with 1 cup run and 4 years on the other two ends of no-playoffs, youre a fvcking idiot.

"Good is not good where better is expected"

Do you though? I have seen no evidence that Pete DeBoer has lost team. The Devils are having more breakdowns than last year, but that is to be expected considering the make up of the d core.

There are two scenarios when it comes to you. Scenario A - you are at best 21 years old, and can only remember the golden years where the Devils were perennial challengers. Or Scenario B - you never played the sport, and as a result have no idea what you are talking about. Considering the utter rubbish you spout it is like a combination of both. 

the team is average at best. we have to rebuild.

changing the coach isn't going to make things better. scotty bowman or al arbour couldn't resurrect this team.

if we bench cory, we complain about scott. if we bench scott, we complain about keith. we bench keith, we complain about wedgewood

Unlike the rest of the board, I believe we are really close to being a topflight team. The Devils have real offensive depth, and as a result they can score consistently.  The defensive mistakes thus far are to be expected. Everyone called for the kids for 2+ years, and now you have have the reality of the situation. The one encouraging aspect of this is that they should in theory get better.

Pete DeBoer's system is fine, and though he has flaws as a coach, he is not the reason we lost this game. Cory needs to be a lot more consistent as our young dmen are going to make gaffs.

On another note, I was really impressed with YaYo tonight. I am seeing flashes of the player from 2 to 3 years again. If he finally winds up developing the Devils will have center depth that rivals the NHL's elite teams.

Please show patience. 

This is a good post. I'm not sure I agree they are close to being a top-flight team, but their scoring depth is refreshing compared to last year. And you're right about the young D. If we could play better defensively this team could make some noise. I don't think we're watching a bottom-feeder. As I said in an earlier post, in my opinion they're a bubble team. Unfortunately that means when a few things aren't working they get exposed.

They've won four of nine games, whoopdie doo.  They haven't exactly faced murderers' row yet.  They faced an elite on the road and got killed tonight.

Huh: NYR, TB, WSH, PIT, DAL, SJ are all really good teams. Not murderers row, but a pretty tough schedule. This team is a bubble team, why are we getting worked up over this?