GDT: Jets @ Devils

Devils Pride 26

Notes of the game:

Jets did their homework, they knew to shoot high on Cory

Cory adjusted tonight to cover the posts and play the high shots

Cory finally used a poke check in the shootout

Boucher hustled tonight

J-WOW-J... he stays

The old salts, if they play again, need to be very limited, but they truly need to become 'Reggie Dunlops'

Larsson smiled at the end of REG

Devs won the shootout... watch the highlights on EVERY sports channel report tonight

Freudian slip of the game goes to Daneyko in the 3rd period talking about  Reid...  Boo Sh!ts shift... uh...

i screamed at the tv when i saw elias and not boucher shooting 3rd... 

god am i ever glad we won cause i would have rip Pete apart. Can't remember last time Elias scored a fvcking SO and boucher scored on all his attempts so far i think

same here

i screamed at the tv when i saw elias and not boucher shooting 3rd... 

god am i ever glad we won cause i would have rip Pete apart. Can't remember last time Elias scored a fvcking SO and boucher scored on all his attempts so far i think

Yeah, like what the heck is wrong with PDB, he finally holding the winning cards, and it's working, then the cherry on the sundae to close the deal and PDB puts Patty out there.

Like WTF? Really Pete, another coaching mental lapse when you're holding the winning cards... again?

i mean i dont want to sh!t on the coach after a win... but again... you can cross the road without looking and not getting hit... doesnt mean it was a smart thing to do. Just as much as Elias could have scored obviously but i still see this as a bad decision that could have bite us in the ass

Edited by SterioDesign

What an awesome win the timing was perfect and a must to build confidence. Ryder who has been sleeping for 7 or games created a score. The the shoot out thank you Elias for lobbing for JJ. Congrats JJ. Pete had difficulty giving JJ much praise.

Schneider was calm cool and collected while in goal. He kept the Devils in the game.

absolutely finally the right steps are starting to be taken here.. he blows everyone knows it as well as himself at this point..it will be a celebration around here when hes finally gone

I always try to wait until about game 20 to make judgments on what I think about the team and I'm glad I haven't because it really seems like Deboer is seeing the same things we are. Sal is done, JJ deserved to get at least a couple games to see what he could do with them, which he's certainly done enough to stay in the lineup once one of Havlat or Cam comes back. Hopefully he stays over Gionta once both are back in the lineup, but we'll see how things look when that time comes.

Once everyone is healthy, I'd like to see a lineup of:

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-JJ-Ryder

Ruutu-Zubrus-Gionta(though I wouldn't mind seeing how Bernier does with a game or two)

i would rather see brunner in there over anyone on that fourth line..but iam with you for sure ATLL ..jj is showing he is hungry and he has been playing well aside from his s/o goal tonight and his goal the other night he has brought speed that this squad desperately needs as well..if he is taken out of the line up right now it would be a sin. If he goes dry for a slide of games and isnt looking too sharp then i guess it could be time to mix things up but right now he is earning his keep.

I don't think this team will be all healthy at one time again.  They already have 3 guys out.  

Liked what I saw from Larsson tonight - that kind of play is what's going to keep him in the lineup.  Wasn't tentative at all, plus he had to play most of the game with Salvador.

Here's the PR release link on the game, if you missed the Post Game with PDB, the audio is there to listen.

http://njdevilspr.com/

1. “” — Peter DeBoer  5:19
2. “” — Cory Schneider  2:27
3. “” — Michael Ryder 2:18
4. “” — Jacob Josefson  1:25
5. “” — Damon Severson 0:52

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

12,897 at the Morgue on Mulberry tonight. This is the first time in a while where it's truly dipped to Islander level. I'm thinking this is one of the worst non weather emergency crowds we've ever had. Usually we'd bottom out at around 14,000 with the very rare dip into 13,000's. But never in the 12's

Edited by '7'