GDT: Jets @ Devils

Devils Pride 26

Whats with all the attendance talk? Idc if this team was undefeated. It was a weekday game against the Jets in October. Attendance like last night is nothing new for the last five years. I don't know whats so shocking about this. Devils do not draw well until later in the season. That still has not changed. 2012-2013 was an anomaly with all of those discounted and free games.

Re: Zubrus being finished: I think we all saw that last year. The training camp lines with him being penciled into the top 6 was my biggest gripe.

So far, I think Pete is seeing it as well. Zubrus  TOI has been down to start the year. If it wasn't for a few injuries, they could possibly even be lower, especially if Pete can find someone to fit in nicely with Jagr there.

Edited by devilsrule33

Zidlicky's skating wasn't great when he got here. It's gotten worse obviously, and I think this is Zidlicky's last year here, but I have never quite understood his detractors. He's still the only guy on this roster who can do what he does offensively.

Curious, what can he do that Severson can't offensively? I think he's a little more slick in the offensive zone with his passing and give and goes, but nothing that's a big deal. I'm a Zidlicky fan too

Whats with all the attendance talk? Idc if this team was undefeated. It was a weekday game against the Jets in October. Attendance like last night is nothing new for the last five years. I don't know whats so shocking about this. Devils do not draw well until later in the season. That still has not changed. 2012-2013 was an anomaly with all of those discounted and free games.

every year around this time there are attendance complaints. It's like clockwork and nothing new- We always have low attendance early and it'll pick up after the new year when football winds down.

I also think the new schedule with less rivalry games and more west coast teams will hurt overall attendance.

Zidlicky's skating wasn't great when he got here.  It's gotten worse obviously, and I think this is Zidlicky's last year here, but I have never quite understood his detractors. He's still the only guy on this roster who can do what he does offensively.

Yes, and he's been better defensively and more physical since he's been here than I was expecting based on his reputation.

After 10 games last season:  1-5-4  (6 points)

After 10 games this season:  5-3-2  (12 points)

Double the points...and for some reason, among some, double the misery. 

After these next two home games, the Devils' schedule turns brutal:  15 out of their next 20 games are on the road.  By the time that stretch will have ended (12/15), the Devils will have played 21 road games and just 11 home games on the season.  Hopefully they can stay afloat and have something like 38-40 points by the time that's all done. 

Well hopefully their early season road success continues.  I know its early but this team does seem to be pretty comfortable playing on the road. . .

Curious, what can he do that Severson can't offensively? I think he's a little more slick in the offensive zone with his passing and give and goes, but nothing that's a big deal. I'm a Zidlicky fan too

He's more creative with the puck.  I mean, Severson is 20 and Zidlicky is 38, so there's plenty of time for Severson to develop that, but right now Severson's mostly been a crank the puck at the net kinda guy.  Which is fine - he's scored 4 times and has generated chances off rebounds this way too and he has a good shot and the mobility to make sure that it isn't blocked.  But Zidlicky's passes are legend:  

After a roughish start possession-wise, the Devils are up to 51% Fenwick close with a GF at 60%. Obviously the GF% will go down without a bump, but there is certainly a reason to expect possession to go up. Tootoo was an anchor to the fourth line and they've gotten a significant bump with Josefson in there.  Cammalleri and Havlat will also help when they return

I have a feeling you will disappointed in at least one game tonight. If I had money on it, I would bet on Red Bull to be the one to disappoint.

2 great comebacks. 2 long streaks broken, red bulls finally winning a home playoff game since 2005 and the Devils breaking their shootout losing streak. Amazing night. Can't say I'm that bummed about missing the Devils game because it was a hard watch on tv, I'm just glad they finally won a shootout.

The game over at Red Bull Arena was insane and the crowd was a blast. They also didn't draw a ton of people but the ones who were there were loud and into it.

Edited by Satans Hockey