Entering First Critical Stretch of Season

Devils Pride 26

Starting November 4th, the Devils will be playing 7 games in 11 days. 3 sets of back-to-backs. Sometime during this stretch we'll see the first non-Cory start. Travel isn't terrible but six of the games are against playoff teams from last year. After these seven games, we have the 4 game Western Canada road trip coming up.

Tue. 4 vs. St. Louis Blues 7:30 PM ET

Thu. 6 at St. Louis Blues 8:00 PM ET

Fri. 7 at Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET

Mon. 10 at Boston Bruins 7:00 PM ET

Tue. 11 vs. Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM ET

Fri. 14 at Washington Capitals 7:00 PM ET

Sat. 15 vs. Colorado Avalanche 7:00 PM ET

I'd sign up for 3-3-1, anything better would be awesome. I'd like to see Kinkaid called up so we have someone in net who isn't frozen solid. I want to see Greene pick it up, look good enough on the PK that Salvador can be sat. Cammerelli getting back in the lineup will help.

What are you looking to see out of this stretch, record and beyond?

Devils are in for a rude awakening if they approach these upcoming games the same way they did against Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Columbus. Their current record makes them look like a much better team then they really are at this point. The Henrique goal last night on any other night would've been whistled dead long before it found its way into the net. Surprised to see Calgary turning things around early on without Cammalleri there. I think NJ will be fortunate to come away with 3 wins in their next seven games barring a major wake up.

thats going to be a rought group of games with out a doubt..no wonder why the players are concerned they know that they will get rolled by most on that up coming schedule.. really hope camms and hav are back but i doubt it.. book cam for a concussion at this point.

thats going to be a rought group of games with out a doubt..no wonder why the players are concerned they know that they will get rolled by most on that up coming schedule.. really hope camms and hav are back but i doubt it.. book cam for a concussion at this point.

I do not look at any opponent and assume a loss.  I think we really are capable of playing with anyone when we are "on".  Cory is the huge X factor in these games when he is playing well.

I hope they show some heart and win some of these games.

I do not look at any opponent and assume a loss.  I think we really are capable of playing with anyone when we are "on".  Cory is the huge X factor in these games when he is playing well.

I hope they show some heart and win some of these games.

when i look at games and how the team is playing i dont tell myself tales to fool myself.. its less disappointing to be honest about it.. if the team continues to play the way that theyve played the last couple of games they will not come out on top of most of those match ups.. obviously i hope iam wrong but iam realistic about it

The stretch will be tough but let's not overestimate the abilities of some of these teams. For the first time in a long time, I'm not too afraid of Boston. Minnesota Wild and St. Louis Blues are maybe the only of the group that'll present a major challenge. I'd really like the home win vs. the Blues to set the tone but I don't think 3-3-1 is too out of reach, and if our roster is healthy, I think we can even do better.

washington embaressed us good last time.. im taking this one game at a time and not expecting much..this leaving less room for disappointment.

I know the score ended up being 6-2, but it was only 3-2 going into the 3rd period of that game.  Washington is 4-5-2 and currently is on a 4 game losing streak.  Of course we don't play them until next week so it's a tad early to worry about them.

i expect cammalleri back this week.

I don't think so, it's later with more info but he hasn't skated as of Tuesday 11/4, Lou says he is getting better, but we can't believe Lou with medical reports, day to day or status quo. I think he has a concussion or concussion symptoms. Maybe us we are lucky early next week.

Edited by BostonNala370

No, I mean going forward. Drop one in St. Louis, play Kinkaid against the Wings and it could be 3 quick losses

The good news is that the Devils are off to a reasonable start and the only team that's really hot right now in their division is Pittsburgh.  No one else in the Metro is lighting it up right now. 

Anyway, we know the drill...15 out of the next 20 games will be played on the road.  If the Devils are, say, 2-3 games over .500 on the season after that, I'll take it.  The Devils will then have 24 out of 34 games at home.