GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Detroit Red Wings

DevsMan84

Well, that's it. Lou obviously will be very concerned about a fan petition to fire the coach. He'll probably fire DeBoer tomorrow now.

Oh wow! Someone on the team stood up for another player! Cool.

Yeah, it took a 20 year old to stickup for his teammates... same scruff, Captain Fantastic was last to join in... Sal is slow even behind his own net defending his team... how demoralizing. What a difference looking at the Captaincy of Sal vs. any other Dev leader of the past.

BTW: Severson 26:07 TOI

I guess that good feeling I had before when I made the GDT was just gas.

This team is just infuriating to watch. I have up watching closely after the first period. Without havlat and especially cammy, we are basically last year's team but with better goaltending but much worse PK.

I think three years after getting the modern era record for best PK they are really trying to get the record for worst modern era PK

Lou needs to look in the mirror...

This is the result of  years of poorly handling acquisitions, trades, contracts, players, and coaches. Grant some blame can go on VanderBleek's drama.

I think there was a movie about this organization, the movie: Twelve O'Clock High  (where all the; washed-up, misfits, reckless, underachievers, excess-baggage, low morale, etc, wound up together as the 'Leper Colony' )

A playoff bubble team (that's something pretty much all Devils fans could expect before the year) are missing their key free agent acquisition and best offensive player. They are also missing their other free agent acquisition to help them score. They have played without Henrique (a top 4 forward) and Merrill the last two games. Last years super risky free agent acquisition (coming off the 3 concussions in 4 months) has now most likely suffered his 3rd concussion in 12 months as a Devil. The are relying on two forwards with the combined age of 80 to be gigantic contributors for them (not likely to happen). They played two very solid games against a top 4 team in the league, and laid an egg on a back-to-back with 4 forwards that weren't on their opening night lineup (this game really sucked)

They are only 5-6-2. Yet the only one to blame is Pete Deboer. Of course.

It's a damn shame Jagr has to end his career on this **** team, or end his career being a rent-a-player at the deadline and then going somewhere else random next year.

No NHL team is taking him next year.

A playoff bubble team (that's something pretty much all Devils fans could expect before the year) are missing their key free agent acquisition and best offensive player. They are also missing their other free agent acquisition to help them score. They have played without Henrique (a top 4 forward) and Merrill the last two games. Last years super risky free agent acquisition (coming off the 3 concussions in 4 months) has now most likely suffered his 3rd concussion in 12 months as a Devil. The are relying on two forwards with the combined age of 80 to be gigantic contributors for them (not likely to happen). They played two very solid games against a top 4 team in the league, and laid an egg on a back-to-back with 4 forwards that weren't on their opening night lineup (this game really sucked)

They are only 5-6-2. Yet the only one to blame is Pete Deboer. Of course.

How long do we have zero accountability ANYWHERE for losing two straight years, and it sure as shooting looks like a third straight year now?  

Again this idea that coaches with bad teams should never be fired is misleading, coaches get fired all the time on bad teams.  Besides they're going through the motions right now with a bunch of vets underachieving.  That's usually the tell for when a coaching change is about to be made.  Lou's tolerated a lot the last couple years but I don't think he's going to tolerate more 'efforts' like tonight or a 60% PK...you don't need a lot of talent to have an NHL PK.

If you don't want a coaching change fine but can SOMETHING happen at least?  They can't just lah-de-dah a third straight year away without doing anything of consequence.  Start selling off the old guys for assets, maybe trade one of the D for some help up front and start remaking this team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

When u hang ur hat on a 43-year old playing 1st line ninutes it just messes the whole team's balance...I would like to see the team jettison the following in this order:

Clowe

Salvador

Ryder

Zubrus

Gionta

Dimminish/redefine the roles for:

Jagr

Elias

Zajac

Replace:

DeBoer

How long do we have zero accountability ANYWHERE for losing two straight years, and it sure as shooting looks like a third straight year now?  

Again this idea that coaches with bad teams should never be fired is misleading, coaches get fired all the time on bad teams.  Besides they're going through the motions right now with a bunch of vets underachieving.  That's usually the tell for when a coaching change is about to be made.  Lou's tolerated a lot the last couple years but I don't think he's going to tolerate more 'efforts' like tonight or a 60% PK...you don't need a lot of talent to have an NHL PK.

If you don't want a coaching change fine but can SOMETHING happen at least?  They can't just lah-de-dah a third straight year away without doing anything of consequence.  Start selling off the old guys for assets, maybe trade one of the D for some help up front and start remaking this team.

agreed

There should be accountability when games like this happen once a week. Instead games like this have happened so rarely. This team 99% of the time is ready to play. The roster the Devils put out tonight playing on a back-to-back will not have much success with any coach.

Look at the fvcking lineup tonight. Gionta, Zubrus, Bernier, Josefson, Ryder, Tootoo, Ruutu,  Sislo, Brunner (he is awful), Elias (never seen him this bad), Zajac (struggling) and Jagr. It sucks. That's a really really bad forward group.

They can fire Deboer, but no coach is going to get that group going playing any differently. Lets just wait until they can get healthier and see if the team is struggling or not.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

Is every single fvcking member of this organization COMPLETELY delusional?

@TGfireandice 2m

Schneider: No matter how many saves you make or how well you feel you played, right now we all need to take a look at ourselves, me included

YOU MADE TWENTY SAVES ON TWENTY FOUR SHOTS. THATS TERRIBLE. YOUR SAVE PERCENTAGE THIS YEAR IS 91%. THAT STINKS. THATS GOOD FOR 27TH IN THE LEAGUE.

Is every single fvcking member of this organization COMPLETELY delusional?

@TGfireandice 2m
Schneider: No matter how many saves you make or how well you feel you played, right now we all need to take a look at ourselves, me included

YOU MADE TWENTY SAVES ON TWENTY FOUR SHOTS. THATS TERRIBLE. YOUR SAVE PERCENTAGE THIS YEAR IS 91%. THAT STINKS. THATS GOOD FOR 27TH IN THE LEAGUE.

He literally just said everyone needs to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

That is clearly him saying he isn't playing well and is owning it.