The Devils are bad and it's time to tank

Daniel

The offensive system isn't bad. It's the defensive and our neutral zone play that's absolutely terrible.

It is bad. The GM is bad. The coaching is bad. The players are bad. Your bad.

If there's one thing that bothers me about Schneider, it's his rebound control. His puck handling is fine. You can't expect every goalie to be like Marty.

He's one of the worst puck handlers out of any starter I've seen over the last 10 yrs or so but I don't care about that as much as you trying to pass it off like its not actually an issue. I honestly don't know what world you live in.

It is bad. The GM is bad. The coaching is bad. The players are bad. Your bad.

Quality contribution.

He's one of the worst puck handlers out of any starter I've seen over the last 10 yrs or so but I don't care about that as much as you trying to pass it off like its not actually an issue. I honestly don't know what world you live in.

Ben Bishop and Mike Smith are the best puckhandling goalies in the league.  Then you pretty much have everybody else.  As long as the goalie can stop the puck on dump ins, and pass it off to a defender, that's all you need your goalie to do.

A goalie that can act like a third defenseman and change what attacking forwards have to do helps a lot in that department as well. But again, can just plug in a save percentage and that's the end all be all. If we keep telling ourselves that we'll still continue to suck.

Certainly not, but the Devils are giving up 5 more shots per game than last year. 

Right like it's impossible to win games and keep shots against down if you don't have a goalie that can play the puck. I guess Patrick Wah wouldn't be good enough for us either cause he couldn't play the puck to save his life. One of the many problems the Devils have is they're in denial and ask Cory to play the puck which he cannot do. He's better off when he doesn't even try.

You're getting into skeeter trolling territory right now.

Example of what a good puck handling goalie can do when playing against a really bad one.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/05/25/tender-touches-an-attempt-to-measure-martin-brodeurs-puckhandling-impact/#__federated=1

Call me whatever. We're a bottom five team, and perhaps a bottom three team. If the goalie were that amazing it wouldn't be the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

Quality contribution.

Ben Bishop and Mike Smith are the best puckhandling goalies in the league. Then you pretty much have everybody else. As long as the goalie can stop the puck on dump ins, and pass it off to a defender, that's all you need your goalie to do.

Ok. And yet have you not noticed that Cory tends to struggle on that? You are insufferable.

3 wins in their last 14 games.

6 wins in their last 22 games.

Find a head coach who is willing to develop whatever young players we can promote/add, because DeBoer clearly won't do that (unless forced to due to injuries).  Sell off any of the veterans with expiring contracts.

That's all we can hope for now.

3 wins in their last 14 games.

6 wins in their last 22 games.

Find a head coach who is willing to develop whatever young players we can promote/add, because DeBoer clearly won't do that (unless forced to due to injuries).  Sell off any of the veterans with expiring contracts.

That's all we can hope for now.

im scared to death that Lou is too old and senile to realize this team has absolutely no shot at winning anything with this current roster and that its only gonna get worst the following years. he NEEDS to sell and try to get the team younger and faster

Guys, guys, seriously.. I don't get the gloom and doom here.

While there's apparently only a 15% chance right now, if the Devils can just go 32-18-8 there's a good chance they'll make the playoffs!

Playoff chances, because it's never too early right?

Edited by Devilsfan118

Jokes aside, as bad as the Devils are - there's no way they're getting McDavid.  

Think about how bad the Devils have been in the last 10 games.  Then realize that the Blue Jackets have actually been worse.

The Devils somehow have 6 points on the Jackets, though the Jackets have a game at hand.

Think about how bad the Devils have been in the last 10 games.  Then realize that the Blue Jackets have actually been worse.

The Devils somehow have 6 points on the Jackets, though the Jackets have a game at hand.

All the Devils have to do is miss the playoffs and they have a chance at getting him.  I don't care if it is 1% chance, it's still better odds than this team winning a round in the playoffs.  Hell, I would say it's better odds than the Devils winning more than 1 game in the playoffs.

I think there's a good chance the Devils finish bottom 5 this year. I hate to say it but I'm almost rooting for that. I found myself hoping they lost last night and I'm anti tank. But if we actually suck enough to finish last then so be it.

Don't the Jackets have a lot of injuries? They might still be able to turn their season around.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

The way the lottery is set up, anyone who finishes in the bottom 5 has a decent shot at 1st overall.  But the team who finishes last gets either McDavid or Eichel.