Joy joy joy bite smash joy

Blown01NJ

This commercial infuriates me. The fact that a company could pay an ad agency to produce this steaming pile of dogsh1t is beyond ridiculous. I can see a bunch of people sitting around the ad agency table kicking around ideas.

Well the commercial is going to air in the New York metro area.

New York, eh? Brooklyn. Hip. New York.

Let's get the most Lena Dunham looking annoying hispter clowns we can find and put them on the screen. They are going to just shout edgy stuff. Well mostly random stuff.

Ok! Lets do it!

Fuking horrible. This commercial boils my blood and the fact I see it seemingly every single commercial break makes me want to throw my TV against the wall. For every instance I see this commercial I am going to make a mark on a notepad. Every time I want a hamburger I am going to go to Five Guys and scribble one of those marks off the notepad. This commercial makes me never want to eat another Smashburger ever again. Not that I ate there more than a few times before but Jesus H. Christ. JOY JOY JOY JOY SHUT THE FUK UP!

I'd rather watch 50 Hyundai Christmas carol commercials in a row than a single one of these.Leave the gate open, you want it you got it Freehold Hyundai, look for the next best thing, woo hoo Action Chevy come on down! Take care of your business, your family and your whatever. Give me all of them all night but please leave this garbage out of my life.

Edit: I came back because I'm still thinking about it and steaming. Hey let's get this fat hipster broad with glasses to tell us how she likes her men. She'd be lucky to get a date with that greasy ass burger shes eating no one wants to hear your nonsensical line about how you like your men. I hope everyone you know gives you sh!t about this commercial and hounds you for the rest of your life. Let's get this other guy and put a hipster hat on him and make him say other dumb crap. You know what we need? Two random women going back and forth spouting so much random drivel you think they have a mild case of tourettes or are having a seizure. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SELL HAMBURGERS YOU IDIOTS.

Edit 2: Also the production quality of this commercial is mind boggling for 2014. Every time it comes on I get transported back to 1996. You may have wanted to use a bunch of hipsters for your ad but you didn't have to use the vintage (1990s) cameras they carry around to shoot this turd. Ray Catena's commercials have better quality and he's been airing the same one for 10 years it seems.

One of my favorite posts on here Ever!

Ray Catena's ads are actually pretty helpful. I was planning to go to his showroom to seek help with my family affairs and life in general. But when I saw his ad, I realized he's only there to take care of my car, so I stayed home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my friend worked at one of his dealerships washing cars and one year Ray Catena gave all his employees these valuable Xmas gifts. My friend got a home stereo system. Another employee got 300 dollar gift certificate at Macy's. 

my friend worked at one of his dealerships washing cars and one year Ray Catena gave all his employees these valuable Xmas gifts. My friend got a home stereo system. Another employee got 300 dollar gift certificate at Macy's.

but... But...Ray only takes care of your car, not your home family and business... I've been lied to!

I had a co-worker who once worked for Ray years ago and he said the same thing.

This commercial infuriates me. The fact that a company could pay an ad agency to produce this steaming pile of dogsh1t is beyond ridiculous. I can see a bunch of people sitting around the ad agency table kicking around ideas.

Well the commercial is going to air in the New York metro area.

New York, eh? Brooklyn. Hip. New York.

Let's get the most Lena Dunham looking annoying hispter clowns we can find and put them on the screen. They are going to just shout edgy stuff. Well mostly random stuff.

Ok! Lets do it!

Fuking horrible. This commercial boils my blood and the fact I see it seemingly every single commercial break makes me want to throw my TV against the wall. For every instance I see this commercial I am going to make a mark on a notepad. Every time I want a hamburger I am going to go to Five Guys and scribble one of those marks off the notepad. This commercial makes me never want to eat another Smashburger ever again. Not that I ate there more than a few times before but Jesus H. Christ. JOY JOY JOY JOY SHUT THE FUK UP!

I'd rather watch 50 Hyundai Christmas carol commercials in a row than a single one of these.Leave the gate open, you want it you got it Freehold Hyundai, look for the next best thing, woo hoo Action Chevy come on down! Take care of your business, your family and your whatever. Give me all of them all night but please leave this garbage out of my life.

Edit: I came back because I'm still thinking about it and steaming. Hey let's get this fat hipster broad with glasses to tell us how she likes her men. She'd be lucky to get a date with that greasy ass burger shes eating no one wants to hear your nonsensical line about how you like your men. I hope everyone you know gives you sh!t about this commercial and hounds you for the rest of your life. Let's get this other guy and put a hipster hat on him and make him say other dumb crap. You know what we need? Two random women going back and forth spouting so much random drivel you think they have a mild case of tourettes or are having a seizure. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SELL HAMBURGERS YOU IDIOTS.

Edit 2: Also the production quality of this commercial is mind boggling for 2014. Every time it comes on I get transported back to 1996. You may have wanted to use a bunch of hipsters for your ad but you didn't have to use the vintage (1990s) cameras they carry around to shoot this turd. Ray Catena's commercials have better quality and he's been airing the same one for 10 years it seems.

But don't you get the joke? The fact that her men are all named angus is just so random!! Random = special = clever = unique = funny and relatable in the hipster world. Therefore, this is pure comedic gold! /sarcasm.

Btw, your post perfectly sums it up. How senior marketing execs who make lots of money approved this thinking this was somehow relatable and clever makes me want to avoid smashburger til the end of time.

But don't you get the joke? The fact that her men are all named angus is just so random!! Random = special = clever = unique = funny and relatable in the hipster world. Therefore, this is pure comedic gold! /sarcasm.

Btw, your post perfectly sums it up. How senior marketing execs who make lots of money approved this thinking this was somehow relatable and clever makes me want to avoid smashburger til the end of time.

The fact that we have a multiple page thread about this commercial means it works and serves its purpose.

The fact that we have a multiple page thread about this commercial means it works and serves its purpose.

Sounds like it's created more a boycott than a buzz to the place....they ain't Chik Fil-A commercials for sure :P

In fact they're as bad as those awful Local Car Dealer Spots..... Honda Boy can go climb the mountain so I can push his ass off of it.......

Not at all. The purpose was not to infuriate and have people boycott your restaurants. If that was the intent then advertising would be really easy - just have someone in a Hitler costume and fake German accent tell you all about the 2015 Toyota Corolla, throw in a few bad puns like 'this deal deal will make you 'blitzkrieg' to your nearest dealer', and the ad would work and serve its purpose? 

Nope. There's one about to open by my office in Financial District. I've been wanting to try it ever since I saw them put the sign out while they were constructing. I mean, hell, the burgers in the commercial looks GREAT.

But I won't go there out of principle, their ad campaign is that annoying, that persistently annoying, that it's turned me off haha..

Not at all. The purpose was not to infuriate and have people boycott your restaurants. If that was the intent then advertising would be really easy - just have someone in a Hitler costume and fake German accent tell you all about the 2015 Toyota Corolla, throw in a few bad puns like 'this deal deal will make you 'blitzkrieg' to your nearest dealer', and the ad would work and serve its purpose? 

I think you're onto something there. I know a guy in Toyota's ad division....

im pretty sure the rule that bad press is better than no press still stands.

maybe you marketing guys are being taught differently but imagine:

you may be pissed about the commercial but there may be at least 10 other people who like to see you get pissed.

edit: now im thinking about how much i hate toyotas

Edited by lazer

marketing today is not about informing customers about your product, it's about getting something stuck in the customers head so they remember your product. It's kind of sad but hey I guess it works.

I don't know where along the line marketing execs decided being annoyingly dumb helped sell products, but I agree with what others have posted - they probably lose more customers with the dopeyness of their ads than they gain because of being memorable.  If they do gain any customers it's because of product placement (spamming it during a sporting event) more than the stupid ads themselves.

It IS possible to be memorable without being dumb.  I actually like the Brad Benson Hyundai commercials on the radio, they're funny and not annoying.

While I've only seen the commercial once, that was enough for me to decide not to bother eating there. I get pretty stubborn about this stuff. There was a restaurant show on a few years ago and the owner of Chipotle was one of the judges and he was an absolute douche bag. I haven't eaten there and will never eat there because of it.

marketing today is not about informing customers about your product, it's about getting something stuck in the customers head so they remember your product. It's kind of sad but hey I guess it works.

Sure, but when it crosses into this level of annoyance I dont believe it does a company any good.