What I've been up to....

Don

I wasn't sure to put this in the "Introductions" forum or not, I've been gone for so long. :)

My office is still covered in Devils paraphanalia and my wardrobe still consists of Devils gear. It's just different gear. :)

I am co-captaining a running team that wil be doing a relay from Boston to the end of Cape Cod:
          http://www.runningdownourdreams.com/

Along with becoming a long distance runner, I've also become a VERY avid cyclist:
         devils.jpg

Thanks DM, Scott....

I was featured on the local morning show:
    http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=453553

As per the interview, I'm working on a podcast. My very first guest was a guy I met on the Flames board and he wore his Calgary jersey. I told my second guest that if she wore her Flyers jersey I was stopping the interview and getting my Devils jersey. :)

Thanks DM, Scott....

I was featured on the local morning show:

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=453553

As per the interview, I'm working on a podcast. My very first guest was a guy I met on the Flames board and he wore his Calgary jersey. I told my second guest that if she wore her Flyers jersey I was stopping the interview and getting my Devils jersey. :)

Congrats! Awesome job. Really incredible stuff.

Edited by devilsrule33

Takes one to know one? :)    Moustic is as funny in person as on in the interweb series of tubes.

PK: Actually, I am writing. As per the interview above, I've started my book. Seventy pages in thus far. Rather than being sanguine on a hockey forum or snarky on a politics forum, I'm being salubrious in e-book form. :)  

• Like 1

First of all, what you have done is fantastic and absolutely amazing.  

Secondly, thank God you have friends like you do that convinced you to get to the gym, that's a true friend.

Thirdly, I love how you also say organ-EYE-zation.

Congratulations to you and your fellow runners.  Good luck in that run.

Takes one to know one? :)    Moustic is as funny in person as on in the interweb series of tubes.

PK: Actually, I am writing. As per the interview above, I've started my book. Seventy pages in thus far. Rather than being sanguine on a hockey forum or snarky on a politics forum, I'm being salubrious in e-book form. :)

You always had fantastic mental energy.  I always marveled at it.  Much like Triumph here too.  I envy that you found a way to make it totally productive.  I have such a hard time seeing a path!! I just dont think I'm smart enough.  Lack of gumption = stupidity  :evil:

I also want to add between this and the "HF Sucks" thread over in hell to see a bit of a resurgence from some of the older posters on here....kinda gives a nice feel to the board of friendlier and more funner days in this place!! I'm happy to see it!

You always had fantastic mental energy.  I always marveled at it.  Much like Triumph here too.  I envy that you found a way to make it totally productive.  I have such a hard time seeing a path!! I just dont think I'm smart enough.  Lack of gumption = stupidity  :evil:

I designed the jackets for the running team.

https://www.facebook.com/running.down.dreams/photos/a.1514379198803394.1073741829.1513842965523684/1515986071976040/?type=1&theater

It took decades of believing I wasn't good enough before realizing what all I could do.

Holy crap, Don!  You look like a completely different person than the guy I met... geez, almost ten years ago now!  Your transformation is absolutely amazing.  I... I can't even figure out what to say...    :hail:    :cheers:

(Unfortunately, I may have found a few of the pounds you lost...   :blush:  -_- )

Thanks Rowdy.

Once I hit my goal weight, I inherited some money from a distant relative. Someone my mother was closer to than I was, but my mother for some reason was left out of the will. So I thought it fair to share my good fortune and offer her a trip to the Grand Canyon, somewhere she had always dreamed of going. So she was going from Halifax to Toronto and I was going Ottawa to Toronto and we were to meet at the gate before our flight to Phoenix. However, I didnt tell her that I had lost the weight (or that I had shaved my head, or that I replaced the glasses with contacts). My own mother didn't recognize me at all. :)

Edited by Don