GDT - Devils @ Winnipeg, 11/18/14

Z-Man

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils lack top-end talent. We have plenty of "good" and "decent" guys, but no real game changers. I don't want to hear about cammy and jagr as being that as they are not.

I also said last week that any one of these three games on this western Canadian road trip would be great to rest cory for once. If pete doesn't sit him out on one of the other 2 games later this week then he has lost me.

Devils lack top-end talent. We have plenty of "good" and "decent" guys, but no real game changers. I don't want to hear about cammy and jagr as being that as they are not.

I also said last week that any one of these three games on this western Canadian road trip would be great to rest cory for once. If pete doesn't sit him out on one of the other 2 games later this week then he has lost me.

We're under .500, there's literally no chance Pete sits Cory on the trip, that's why they sent Kinkaid back down.

We're under .500, there's literally no chance Pete sits Cory on the trip, that's why they sent Kinkaid back down.

I'm afraid you are right though. Pete will start cory because of the whole "he gives is the best chance to win" line. However if anything why not the Edmonton game? Even if they are at .500 going into there, the effort is still worrisome and they are not exactly winning games decisively.

Hey did I mention what a great idea scratching Josefson was?

Josefson while not lighting the lamp has at least played well defensively and has been giving great effort and creating plays in the offensive zone.

With that I have given up on the idea that brunner can be any sort of cotributor to this team. His stretches of insane suckage and apathy far outweigh the few and far between highlight reel goals he makes

This team has accepted being relegated to a bubble, mediocre team that performs poorly.  PDB and staff love to kiss up to their older players - aka Ryder, Zubrus, Zids, etc.

What keeps me engaged watching this team now is to see how low we can go, and if we go lower, what moves will be made to adjust the organization.

Zajac is horrible btw....

Steve G who cares if the only goal was scored by Elias or Havlet? Steve was so excited about this all night.

I mean I'm Elias's biggest fan but after the game was over only Elias and maybe Havlat cared about who got that goal.

With or without Elias getting the goal it's not like they're scoring as a unit anyway.  Our only games over three goals all season were the first two.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This team has accepted being relegated to a bubble, mediocre team that performs poorly. PDB and staff love to kiss up to their older players - aka Ryder, Zubrus, Zids, etc.

What keeps me engaged watching this team now is to see how low we can go, and if we go lower, what moves will be made to adjust the organization.

Zajac is horrible btw....

If only we were a bubble team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whats pissing me off the most is not losing like this... Its the big picture...

How are we gonna get the forwards we need for the future? Legit question here. They wont come from our system. We dont have the assets to trade for them... And what are the chances a few top ufa signs here...

What we have now is clearly not enough... And soon enough we'll have to replace a lot of what we have... I simply dont see how we,ll be able to overcome this without making sacrifices. Weve been trying to overcome the loss of zach, kovy and clarky and we still havent.

Name me a good team that doesnt have a top guy who grew up in the organization?

Im not saying we should tank or wtv but i fvcking dont want to hold on to all of our players on trade deadline just cause "theres always a chance" its clear we cant win the cup with this team and we NEED to at least try to build somethin for the future.