GDT - Devils @ Winnipeg, 11/18/14

Z-Man

I mean I'm Elias's biggest fan but after the game was over only Elias and maybe Havlat cared about who got that goal.

With or without Elias getting the goal it's not like they're scoring as a unit anyway.  Our only games over three goals all season were the first two.

I also am a big Elias fan but that seem to be Steve's talking point all night.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats pissing me off the most is not losing like this... Its the big picture...

How are we gonna get the forwards we need for the future? Legit question here. They wont come from our system. We dont have the assets to trade for them... And what are the chances a few top ufa signs here...

What we have now is clearly not enough... And soon enough we'll have to replace a lot of what we have... I simply dont see how we,ll be able to overcome this without making sacrifices. Weve been trying to overcome the loss of zach, kovy and clarky and we still havent.

Name me a good team that doesnt have a top guy who grew up in the organization?

Im not saying we should tank or wtv but i fvcking dont want to hold on to all of our players on trade deadline just cause "theres always a chance" its clear we cant win the cup with this team and we NEED to at least try to build somethin for the future.

You have described the picture well. We are going to have many years like this, we have already had a few.

I'm beginning to think we need to start selling off assets and building for the future. We can't look back and say if we had Kovy and Parise - what if...we don't have top end talent who can win a game for us when we need it...which is their job. We don't have enough assets to trade for them without hindering our future...such as trading away a young D. If there's a trade to be had - I'm all ears. 

Keep:

Zajac
Cammalleri

Henrique

Severson

Greene

Gelinas

Larsson

Merrill

Schneider

Other than that - give me your best offer. Even Elias. The time has come for us - even though I love Patrik and he's a hall of famer in my eyes - is a contender would pay a lot for him. Let's stock up on picks for the first time in years. 

We suck because plain and simple we can't compete with teams that have an average age of 25.  

Right on Mitico12 !    I even fell asleep during the game. The first Devils game I have missed in years. I will watch NHL.com for the highlights now. 

Still too early to go into sell-off mode, but unless this turns around quickly, Lou will probably have to change coaches. Lou clearly thinks he has a playoff team (the moves he made in the offseason were of the "right now" variety)...I don't necessarily feel that PDB is to blame for what's gone wrong, but this is the one card Lou has to play right now, and I'm not sure how much more patient he can afford to be. I truly feel that a new coach won't work any miracles, but Lou's options as to what can actually make any real difference are limited at the moment.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Still too early to go into sell-off mode, but unless this turns around quickly, Lou will probably have to change coaches. Lou clearly thinks he has a playoff team (the moves he made in the offseason were of the "right now" variety)...I don't necessarily feel that PDB is to blame for what's gone wrong, but this is the one card Lou has to play right now, and I'm not sure how much more patient he can afford to be. I truly feel that a new coach won't work any miracles, but Lou's options as to what can actually make any real difference are limited at the moment.

It might just be time for a new voice... I don't think a new coach pulls any miracles either, but what else can Lou do? Not much really...

It might just be time for a new voice... I don't think a new coach pulls any miracles either, but what else can Lou do? Not much really...

I agree with both of you. What a mess with very few short term solutions and also difficult long term solutions. A weak farm system for the offense and assets that won't bring much in a trade. All we can fault DeBoer with is his attitude towards wining and players selection at game time. The talent or lack thereof doesn't fall on him.

I'm beginning to think we need to start selling off assets and building for the future. We can't look back and say if we had Kovy and Parise - what if...we don't have top end talent who can win a game for us when we need it...which is their job. We don't have enough assets to trade for them without hindering our future...such as trading away a young D. If there's a trade to be had - I'm all ears. 

Keep:

Zajac

Cammalleri

Henrique

Severson

Greene

Gelinas

Larsson

Merrill

Schneider

Other than that - give me your best offer. Even Elias. The time has come for us - even though I love Patrik and he's a hall of famer in my eyes - is a contender would pay a lot for him. Let's stock up on picks for the first time in years. 

You're keeping pretty much 95% of our roster that other teams would want to deal for. Who else of any sort of value do we have?

No team wants to help New Jersey "build" unless Henrique, Severson, Gelinas, or Schneider are on the table. You really think Brunner or even Jagr carry all that much value come February?

Edited by DJ Eco

Keep:

Zajac

Cammalleri

Henrique

Severson

Greene

Gelinas

Larsson

Merrill

Schneider

we should be trading cammaleri, we wont be relevant any time soon and he is probably worth the most. Losing zajac wouldn't matter much. Everyone else we can keep.

I honestly have no idea how we could turn this roster around in the next few season.... our only chance is to draft well... or get prospect through trades that turn out better than they were supposed to be. There's absolutely no immediate solution... the UFA group that "might" make it to free agency is not even that great...

this should be our roster next year say we wouldnt re-sign any of our ufas

Cammalleri Zajac ????

Elias Henrique  Boucher

clowe Josefson Zubrus

Ruutu Gionta ????

Greene Severson

Gelinas Larsson

Merrill Helgeson

Schneider

Kinkaid

so are you gonna be a better team for suddenly getting one top RW and a 4th line RW... or sitting any of those guys for someone else? We need a lot more than that. I feel our D is set for awhile and the main core is there for sure. But our forward group is a mess, we have too many very average guys. 

We need a real top line there's no way around it

You're keeping pretty much 95% of our roster that other teams would want to deal for. Who else of any sort of value do we have?

No team wants to help New Jersey "build" unless Henrique, Severson, Gelinas, or Schneider are on the table. You really think Brunner or even Jagr carry all that much value come February?

Jagr yes

DeBoer gets about 5 strikes and this was strike 2.  You can't win playing how they did last night - the structure just wasn't there.  Winnipeg is a tough matchup for this team - they can be forced into mistakes with speed, which NJ doesn't have much of that, but the Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr line was a disaster on breakouts and in the neutral zone.  Zubrus-Gionta-Bernier got less than nothing going - time for Josefson to come back in somewhere.  And of course Brunner and Ryder were Brunner and Ryder.  

One of the things Lou has failed to notice with the creeping age of this team is that they just have a bunch of penalty factories on the club now - Jagr, Zubrus, and Zidlicky all take tons of penalties (Tootoo as well), and they don't have anyone that draws penalties with much consistency besides Tootoo and Ruutu, who have both had diminished roles this season.

this should be our roster next year say we wouldnt re-sign any of our ufas

Cammalleri Zajac ????

Elias Henrique  Boucher

clowe Josefson Zubrus

Ruutu Gionta ????

Greene Severson

Gelinas Larsson

Merrill Helgeson

Schneider

Kinkaid

Clowe's done, man :( Add another "?"