GDT: Devils at Calgary 10 PM

MadDog2020

This isn't false. He's been a disaster on the shootout. But at least he can do some creative stuff out there that makes you think he has a chance to score.

Zajac got off a good shot - he just didn't elevate enough.  Elias has done the same move 10 times and hasn't come close to scoring.  His days on the shootout should be at an end.  

A) Why only single out when the younger guys have issues defending when the vets are just as much to blame?

B) The PK is the best part of the team right now and three of the four guys on it are younger guys - Severson, Larsson, Hegelson

As usual Pete has a skewed perspective, only find fault with the kids and never with the vets.

All Deboer said was "We’ve got some young guys at key positions and we’re learning how to win games.”  Which I think is true - they have 4 young defensemen.  I think DeBoer would rather not have to deal with 4 young defensemen but he does, and that was a learning experience for them.

All Deboer said was "We’ve got some young guys at key positions and we’re learning how to win games.”  Which I think is true - they have 4 young defensemen.  I think DeBoer would rather not have to deal with 4 young defensemen but he does, and that was a learning experience for them.

What coach would like to deal with 4 young defensemen? I respect that problem.

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.  It IS a pattern, and it has nothing to do with young guys blowing games when Greene's a -3 and Zajac has a horrid turnover on the first goal.  Or when Jagr makes a rookie mistake turning the puck over in the last thirty seconds of the game.

This pretty much sums it up.

Zajac's horrible turnover in their own zone, trying to go up, if he holds that puck, that goal never happens.

Greene's size/frame are a noticeable disadvantage in boxing out in the crease

Jagr's foolish decision was just awful and with his size, he could of kept the puck behind the Flame's net for the rest of the game.

Avoided this thread because I didn't want to become depressed lol. Just wanted to point out that Larsson up until the 4th Calgary goal had a great game, he's been a beast on the PK, really filling in for what we lost in fayne.

Also can't complain about the shootout choices, bottom line is we just don't have the skill guys to really excel there. After cammalleri there is no obvious choice.