Gomez Has Arrived

William D'Aquila

To help our goal-scoring/injury issues, we signed a guy who has 6 goals in his last 123 games . Between Gomez, Zubrus, Clowe, Ryder, Havlat, Ruutu, and Salvador, we now have possibly the most washed up team in history.

The fan in me likes it though.  :smilegah:

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

Lou took Cyber Monday literally and went out and signed a discount center and half the price...

Oh Boy...what was worse, the Giants debacle in Jacksonville or us fielding a 2006 contender for the 2014-2015 season?  LOL...oh my goodness....

Edited by Mitico12
  • Like 1

we knew things had to break right for the devils to be any good this year. unfortunately, other than cammalleri being as advertised (when healthy), everything has pretty much gone wrong.

schneider has been ordinary too often.

elias seems to have vanished.

jagr is 70% of what he was last year

henrique has been hurt

zajac has been ineffective and now hurt

havlat has provided nothing

ryder has not bounced back

clowe - well we knew this was a mistake from the word go

the overall d has been below what it was last year (severson has been pretty good but everyone else has stayed the same or taken a step back (or hurt in merrill's case))

people hating on gomez because of him leaving for the Rangers many years ago - i'm done caring about that. in the end, that contract was a disaster and i'm glad the devils didn't give it to him. if it wasn't for the name, nobody would care other than to say that this is indicative of the devils having zero center depth.

the injuries hurt a lot but too much was going wrong when they were healthy.

we knew things had to break right for the devils to be any good this year. unfortunately, other than cammalleri being as advertised (when healthy), everything has pretty much gone wrong.

schneider has been ordinary too often.

elias seems to have vanished.

jagr is 70% of what he was last year

henrique has been hurt

zajac has been ineffective and now hurt

havlat has provided nothing

ryder has not bounced back

clowe - well we knew this was a mistake from the word go

the overall d has been below what it was last year (severson has been pretty good but everyone else has stayed the same or taken a step back (or hurt in merrill's case))

people hating on gomez because of him leaving for the Rangers many years ago - i'm done caring about that. in the end, that contract was a disaster and i'm glad the devils didn't give it to him. if it wasn't for the name, nobody would care other than to say that this is indicative of the devils having zero center depth.

the injuries hurt a lot but too much was going wrong when they were healthy.

Good assessment of this team and the situation we are in. Maybe Gomez jump starts Elias, I can only hope.

I keep thinking about Gomez and Brodeur working out for a few weeks together before both (eventually) getting signed. Who benefited more from these 1-on-1 sessions or left more confident: Gomez from scoring on Brodeur, or Brodeur from stopping Gomez? I am calling it a draw with both leaving ill-prepared for the NHL.