Gomez Has Arrived

William D'Aquila

look he's a servicable center needed for a desperate team to fill a hole, the fact that he'll be the 2ns line center ( I agree w/ post above,. Cam's line is #1), just tells you how bad a job LL has done putting htis roster together.

The offense has been embarrassingly bad laterly, maybe Gomer gives us a spark?

2 5 on 3 disasters, the last 2 games, things can not ge tmuch worse..And Zajak has been awful all year, he might be the most overpaid player on this team, and thats saying alot w/ some opf the contracts!

TBH I'm glad Pete is forced to shuffle some guys, especially the zajac-jagr combo. I know jagr likes having Travis on his line but let's be honest, Travis does not have the offensive prowess to play on a top line.

But I guess really with this roster shuffling lines isn't going to be any real solution, we just don't have the talent.

Thinking positive... the frachise and fans should be joyous that Gomez, age 34, wasn't signed by Lou to a 4-5 year contract @ $4-5 million per.

PS: Scott Stevens will be on NHL LIVE to discuss the Devils and some of his former teammates; happening now

Hopefully he announced that he was signed as well and LL has figured out time travel to send us all back to the year 2000

Just try watching a Buffalo game sometime.

Yeah, they're a bit over their head lately.  Definitely have some blocks in place, making progress, but still a ways away.

That said, while we aren't' a dumpster fire, we're a solid train wreck at the moment.

... we now have possibly the most washed up team in history. ...

I think you're right. ... I mean, I still watch all of the games, and I cheer when the team scores and get happy when they win, same as I always have done, but most nights I watch these guys and think to myself, Man, how did we end up here with this cast of characters?

I have tremendous respect for Lou's GM career, but now it's almost like he is just going through the motions.

I have tremendous respect for Lou's GM career, but now it's almost like he is just going through the motions.

Honestly, I think the whole situation has just snowballed and he's lost control.  He's clearly been in scramble mode since Parise, Kovy and Clarkson left.  Clowe was about as reactionary a signing as I can remember (you'd think Lou would've learned from his mistakes after Niedermayer), and his reward-type contracts to old, slow veterans have finally caught up to him.

One bad decision after another, and poor asset management (shoutout to SD - I'm with you here) has kind of left Lou without many options going forward.  

Edited by Devilsfan118