A Plan To Try To Right The Ship (For Next Year)

Triumph

Always interested when people say stuff such as that. What do you want him to do? Have the owners pressure him into making a bad trade that sets back the franchise even more?

All he has done is delayed this franchise rebuild for years now. Every person on this board totes his mantra of we don't rebuild we reload. This team needs a fvcking rebuild, there needs to be pressure for that to happen because it clearly isn't happening on its own. Did you read what I said, I don't want patchwork I want a true rebuild, I don't want a panic trade that sets us back. The trades I want to see are moving our pieces for picks. These owners would be fine with that, they do own the 76ers. I want real change, not more of this meandering in mediocrity, eventually you aren't even mediocre. And that's where we are right now.

Edited by Sneax

He hasn't delayed anything. If Kovy doesn't leave and Parise doesn't sign elsewhere because of financial reasons everyone is singing Lou's praises. Unfortunately that did not happen, but he has rebuilt 2/3 of the team, while trying to staying competitive. If the Devils do get McDavid somehow, they will be an elite team within 2 to 3 years if not sooner.

I agree with Will. We have a great foundation here moving forward. A great young D, goalie. We have a couple of pieces of up front and some depth. We need players on top to slot everyone else in better. Easier said then done, but a guy like McDavid or Eichel can potentially help quite a bit. We aren't in a bad place. Well today we are, but there's hope here. Im just annoyed a team like Edmonton can keep getting number 1s - there should be a limit.

He hasn't delayed anything. If Kovy doesn't leave and Parise doesn't sign elsewhere because of financial reasons everyone is singing Lou's praises. Unfortunately that did not happen, but he has rebuilt 2/3 of the team, while trying to staying competitive. If the Devils do get McDavid somehow, they will be an elite team within 2 to 3 years if not sooner.

If McDavid turns out to be as good as predicted once he hits the NHL, this is probably accurate, although I wouldn't mind also adding another 25-30 goal scorer, especially since Jagr will likely not be around. One more guy like that, plus an offensive stud like McDavid supposedly is, and we're in business.

There was a lot of all out Kool aid drinkers /  Lou worshipers on this board who simply couldnt admit Lou's mistakes.... most have slowly turned the corner lately and joined reality.... OR at the very least now realized and admit that he's not the guy to get this done and turn it around at the moment.

but you my son, you're one of the survivor. Good for you. Good for you. 

Edited by SterioDesign

There was a lot of all out Kool aid drinkers /  Lou worshipers on this board who simply couldnt admit Lou's mistakes.... most have slowly turned the corner lately and joined reality.... OR at the very least now realized and admit that he's not the guy to get this done and turn it around at the moment.

but you my son, you're one of the survivor. Good for you. Good for you. 

The king of MMQB has arrived.