Official: Marty is a Blue

MadDog2020

I hope he plays lights out, although admittedly there's a slim chance of that.  Obviously no hard feelings at all like Parise since it was really Lou's call to not keep him around.

Don't think so. Marty wanted out last year. He didn't want to be in NJ this year. Some of it for selfish reasons, some of it for very unselfish reasons.

I love what ended up happening. Love that it's the Blues. Hopefully good things to come.

Good for him. Hope he doesn't get embarrassed out there. Luckily he'll have to a good team to (hopefully) bail him out if/when he needs it.

• Like 1

Good luck Marty... if he wins a cup though; ugh.

it'll be different since he'd be a backup and probably won't play in the playoffs.and hey it could be with worse teams, at least we still got the best of the blues what with the Stevens fallout, Janssen trade, etc.

I'll be rooting for Marty, honestly I'd rather he win a cup with STL than embarrass himself.

He'll have a moment or two, but overall he's not a very good goalie anymore at going on 43. But congrats to him on squeezing out another NHL paycheck, with a competitive team no less.

I wont be rooting for him, or against him for that matter.

We heard Brodeur's salary demands may have cost him a few jobs this off-season. Well, he's going to get a chance to get paid, but he'll have to earn it,

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago

Brodeur bonuses: 10k for every point he earns the team in standings; 125k if he's on NHL roster Feb. 1; 125k if he's on NHL roster March 4

0 replies 49 retweets 23 favorites

Good now the temptation to sign him is completely gone now for Lou.

For a team who constantly and deservedly so gets a lot of crap by signing and keeping aging vets for way too long I still see a lot of fans who are whining about Lou not signing him. Not saying here but on ther boards, Twitter, FB, etc.

He will play well the first few games and then flop the rest of the way. Not trying to bash him but he just isn't that good and hasn't been for the past 4 seasons outside that 50 or so game stretch in 11-12.

This is another chapter in the Blues-Devils rivalry.

If Michael Jordan, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Joe Montana, Karl Malone, Johnny Unitas, OJ Simpson, Emmit Smith and Bobby Orr can end their careers on other teams yet be remembered as only one team so can Marty. It won't take anything away from his legacy.

This is another chapter in the Blues-Devils rivalry.

If Michael Jordan, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Joe Montana, Karl Malone, Johnny Unitas, OJ Simpson, Emmit Smith and Bobby Orr can end their careers on other teams yet be remembered as only one team so can Marty. It won't take anything away from his legacy.

dont forget brett farve (though jets fans wanna forget)

This is apparently a very short stint though. Only until Elliot comes back. I think if he's playing well he might stay for a playoff run but most on HF think he's gone when Elliot is back. If anything maybe someone else will pick him up when the Blues are done with him. I guess they have to trade him though?