GDT: Devs @ Pens

dmann422

Did anyone actually think the Devils were going to score on that last PP? Yeah I didn't think so.

Game over. Thank god. Hard to blame the guys out there on the ice playing with pretty much an entire line down most of the game. They just lack talent plain and simple.

Cory played well and kept them in the game. I just know that more than one person will post that Marty would have won this game somehow.

At this point I'm actually welcoming missing the playoffs. I rather win the McDavid sweepstakes TBH

This. At this point we either limp into the playoffs and make a first round exit or we miss the playoffs and finish middle of the pack. Last place or second to last place guarantees us a good pick.

Anyone else feel like this is a pre-season game, emotionally? I just don' care.

I'm more to the point that I can't throw sh!tfits about losses anymore. Bad teams don't win a lot. This is a bad team. I don't see how it's going to much better in the short-term...this is not a team of underachievers who haven't put it together. Curious to see who gets call-ups from Albany.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

No fan should ever want their team to lose, stop it.

If the options are either

A) Squeak into the playoffs

Or

B) Have a CHANCE at getting a good player

I'm choosing A every time

I agree, but several on here don't.  I can't say I blame them.  How cool would it be if we had a legit superstar player?  It's just so tempting!  But then again, making the playoffs is never a bad thing even if we get swept, and lose 9-0 every game.

Or

First round sweep or a chance of getting one of two franchise players?

I'll take option B. I wouldn't do it yearly and be the Oilers but we need something. Getting McDavid or Jack would make this season more successful in comparison to losing in 4 or 5 games and getting a mid/late first round risk.

Edited by TheMazz

Or

squeaking into the playoffs just to be one and done would be the worst possible outcome for this season. I would completely lose it if we lose even a 1% chance of getting a generational talent just so that we can be swept by Pittsburgh/Boston/Montreal/islanders.

Those 4 or 5 extra games (let's face it the most they would win is one game) is just not worth it at all.

Did anyone actually think the Devils were going to score on that last PP? Yeah I didn't think so.

Game over. Thank god. Hard to blame the guys out there on the ice playing with pretty much an entire line down most of the game. They just lack talent plain and simple.

Cory played well and kept them in the game. I just know that more than one person will post that Marty would have won this game somehow.

Can't score with Cory, Marty's puckhandling creates the offense <sarcasm>

The only fault I have with the game is someone should have jumped that cheap-ass.  If the playoffs started tomorrow I'd root for the Rangers over the Penguins.

More towards the diabolical plan to get the #1 pick.

At this point the worst possible outcome for this team is to make the 8-spot in the playoffs. They will be one and done and wall away with at best a mid 1st rounder. Even if there is a 2% chance I would much rather they miss the playoffs and gave the remote chance of getting the first overall pick.

I'd rather take the 2% chance of actually advancing in the playoffs than the 2% chance of somehow winning the lottery from 14-15.

If we're gonna lose, I hope they actually make it exciting.  Have a roster that gives it its all every game.  Bring up some young kids, and send them to the wolves.  Boucher, Matteau, and whoever else.  Let them go out there and have fun, and show what they're actually capable of.

I agree, but several on here don't.  I can't say I blame them.  How cool would it be if we had a legit superstar player?  It's just so tempting!  But then again, making the playoffs is never a bad thing even if we get swept, and lose 9-0 every game.

I really disagree with that last part.We get swept or lose in five, have nothing to show for making the playoffs, will we improve in talent? Maybe we'll sign a few fringe first line players (mostly older second line players) but it will just lead into another season of the same sh&#33;t.

Something needs to give.

Or

I see your point, but I'm not down with that. To pick in the top three would be a big boon this year and we desperately need developing talent if we're to be competitive in the near future. I'm kind of sick of us signing and overpaying UFAs from the scrap heap because we don't have anything worth a sh&#33;t in the development pool.

A squeek into the playoffs more than likely means we're one and done. Even if we get to a second round it's still not worth it.

Can't score with Cory, Marty's puckhandling creates the offense <sarcasm>

The only fault I have with the game is someone should have jumped that cheap-ass. If the playoffs started tomorrow I'd root for the Rangers over the Penguins.

I'd rather take the 2% chance of actually advancing in the playoffs than the 2% chance of somehow winning the lottery from 14-15.[/quote

Adance in the playoffs? With this team? I think you are giving them much more credit than they deserve.

Besides even if by some stroke of luck they advanced what good would that be? They aren't even going to be close to winning the cup and I am not going to pass up generational talent for a team where most of the players are going to be off their contracts in the next couple of years anyways.

We're just putting off the inevitable by hoping we somehow makes the playoffs. If we make the playoffs expect to see more over the hill guys and AHL talent playing up with the big club next season.

Plus it's crazy but if we do pick somewhere between 5 and 10 that is a a big trading chip if we do want to go out and get a Kessel, Van Riemsdyk or Wheeler.